Vampire Books Fans, Fangs and Writers discussion

Book Reviews > vampire series wanted

Comments Showing 1-50 of 87 (87 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Fletcher (supernaturalbiotch) | 16 comments I am looking for a vampire series to read would love to find something similar to the vampire chronicles is there any hope for me? I've already read the vampire chronicles, Anita Blake,the vampire diaries, the Corpathians, black dagger broyherhood, Christopher pyke, the last vampire, house of night, vampire acade, the midnight breed, Kim Harrison,Cassandra palmer,Jeanene frost, Sookie Stackhouse,immortals after dark, la banks series, and i know there its more i love each and every one of these in their own way but i need something else I'm trying to read sherrilynn Kenyon dark hunter series but I'm not feeling it..can you help I'm actually taking a break from writing my own book inspired by a urning for a read that I'm looking for but can't find....thank you guys

message 2: by Ardy (new)

Ardy Ardy (ardybooks) | 52 comments Shameless plug :), but you can check out my book. Akeldama: The Field of Blood. It's getting great reviews and is the first book in a series. The second book is coming out very soon and there are two free prequels. You can even get it for only a dollar at smashwords.com with the following coupon code: yn67a until January first.
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...
If you want to get a feel for it check out the free prequels "Shawn Black: Vampire Hunter" and "Bloody Halloween: An Akeldama Story" also available at smashwords.com, both with an average 4.5 star rating.
The Akeldama series isn't much like the other ones you mentioned, but I think you'll like it.

message 3: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Fletcher (supernaturalbiotch) | 16 comments Thank you i will check this out and of course give a review.

message 4: by Ardy (new)

Ardy Ardy (ardybooks) | 52 comments Shelley wrote: "Thank you i will check this out and of course give a review."

Thanks. I need more smashwords reviews. The most and best so far are on Barnes and Noble.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (quill_n_ink) | 7 comments Shelley, you should check out the Dominion Series by S.E. Lund. Dominion (Dominion, #1) by S.E. Lund Ascension (Dominion, #2) by S.E. Lund Retribution (The Dominion Series, #3) by S.E. Lund The author is planning two more books in the series.

Dominion (Dominion, #1) by S.E. Lund is .99 on Amazon through New Years. If you need a different format, you can contact S.E. Lund and purchase an ePub directly.

message 6: by Annette (new)

Annette | 1 comments You might also try; My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking and The Vampire Journals by Morgan Rice.

message 7: by Travis (new)

Travis Luedke (twluedke) | 13 comments At the risk of pissing somebody off, might I recommend my own work, The Nightlife Series?

The first book, The Nightlife New York is permaFREE everywhere.

Try it free. The Nightlife New York (The Nightlife, #1) by Travis Luedke

On another note, have you read the Children of the Moon Series by Sunny? I really enjoyed most of those novels, but they are definitely PNR, bordering on erotic romance.

Looking at the impressive list you put up there, I imagine you've heard of Sunny, but I didn't see it in your list.

Sunny has a split-off series called the Demon Princess, its pretty cool too.

Check it out.

message 8: by Devon (new)

Devon (devonabejo) | 1 comments Iron Kissed Try any of the Mercy Thompson series, great strong female lead.

message 9: by Brian (new)

Brian McKinley | 15 comments Personally, I love the Dresden Files, which would seem to be in keeping with the other series you read. 14 books so far and no duds, which is something most series can't claim!

Highly recommend.

message 10: by Georgiana (new)

Georgiana Derwent (georgianaderwent) | 3 comments Hopefully a bit of relevant self-promotion is acceptable here, in which case you might want to take a look at my vampire series "The Cavaliers."
The first book, Oxford Blood, is out now, and free on Amazon today if you get this message in time.
The second, Screaming Spires, is coming soon and there'll be a third and final instalment towards the end of the year.

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009SQ1LPK

www.amazon.com/dp/B009SQ1LPK

Of the books you mention, it's most like Vampire Diaries and the True Blood/Sookie Stackhouse ones:

"A Tale of the Posh, the Privileged and the Paranormal...

The Cavaliers are the most elite society at Oxford University - rich, powerful, and beautiful. No one realises that they are no ordinary students, but a group of aristocratic vampires from the English Civil War. For four hundred years they have groomed the most promising students to run the government, police, and finance in the way the vampires wish, granting them eternal life in return for absolute obedience.

When Harriet French arrives at Oxford University from her working class northern state school, she’s prepared for a culture shock, but not to become embroiled in the Cavaliers’ scheming and bloodlust. Harriet thought she'd be busy enough juggling her demanding tutor, new friends, and the murky world of student politics. But now, she must find the rebel vampire who is killing off the members, stop the Cavaliers from orchestrating a massacre of the year’s most beautiful and successful students, and defy the Society to be with the man of her dreams.

Oxford Blood is a British, adult, paranormal romance. It's a tale with vampires that aren't afraid to kill and a heroine who's not afraid of sex or her own ambition."

On a less self-promoting note, I've just read Anno Dracula by Kim Newman, which is the first in a series in which Dracula survives and influences the course of history. It's a bit darker and less romance focussed than most of the books you mention, but it's an amazing read if you're looking for something a bit different.

message 11: by Brian (new)

Brian McKinley | 15 comments Newman's Anno Dracula series is great too. I love all the literary references mixed in with the genuine history. Some are very clever and obscure, but make a real treat for the well-read reader!

message 12: by Sandrine (new)

Sandrine Genier | 133 comments Shelley wrote: "I am looking for a vampire series to read would love to find something similar to the vampire chronicles is there any hope for me? I've already read the vampire chronicles, Anita Blake,the vampire..."

Describe what your ideal vampire book would be like...I know you mentioned Vampire Chronicles--why?

message 13: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Fletcher (supernaturalbiotch) | 16 comments Sandrine i like the fact the world is virtually I'm the dark about vampires. I like the fact that there are ancients that are feared but very rare and i love just the idea of alternate Worlds being among us. Just like the book i recently read by Pamala Palmer A blood Seduction A Vamp City novel.

message 14: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Fletcher (supernaturalbiotch) | 16 comments Travis, i just downloaded nightlife going to try it...looks great

message 15: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Fletcher (supernaturalbiotch) | 16 comments Thanks for all the great suggestions hopefully you guys keep them coming....

message 16: by Ardy (new)

Ardy Ardy (ardybooks) | 52 comments You can now read "Bloody Halloween: An Akeldama Story" free on goodreads. It's one of the prequels to the first novel. It may help you get an idea of what the series is like.

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3...

message 17: by D.N. (new)

D.N. Simmons (dn_simmons) | 5 comments As a huge fan of the Vampire Chronicles, I understand your quest for something as original as Anne Rice's VC's.

You've already read quite a few good series and I don't blame you for wanting more.

To be frank, I haven't found any other series quite like hers, but I have come across entertaining vampire novels that you may enjoy, including my own series.

Tanya Huff is original with her own take on the genre with her Vicky Nelson P.I. Series.

D.B. Reynolds Vampires in America series is good.

I did enjoy the latest book I read called, "The Immortal Rules".

And then there's my very own series, "The Knights of the Darkness Chronicles", that you may enjoy.

message 18: by Angela(demonsangel) (last edited Jan 22, 2013 08:34AM) (new)

Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald (demonsangel) | 21 comments I might can recommend some books and series but I need to know what you've read already. Also, does it need to be all vampires? Can it include magic, demons,witches, and other supernatural beings? It would be nice to know what age genre you will read. I'm 35 and anything I recommend I've enjoyed or loved. Is there anyway I can take.a look at your shelves? You can send me a friend invite if you want to.

message 19: by Jody (new)

Jody B | 1 comments Just finished an new book called The Blood Lust(Deor)by Lucy Park Hunter-great read and well written. It's the first in a series. You might like it--I found it on Amazon but I think it's also on smashwords.

Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald (demonsangel) | 21 comments I saw that you've read a lot that I've read also. Kim Harrison, Jocelynn Drake, Jeaniene Frost, Chloe Neill but her books are a more of a
younger genre and so is Richelle Mead's books.
Also, I really liked author Laura Wright's series called Mark of the Vampire. I think there's four books in the series. It does have a lot of vulgar language and explicit,vulgar sex content,yet wonderful reads. You should be able to do a search on GoodReads to get the order of the books. The second series I enjoyed is by author Sarah Mcartny, the series is called Shadow Wranglers. I know that sounds funny but it is what it is. There's about four books in that series. I believe if I'm ñot mistaken its all about vampires. I really enjoyed those series. Julie Kagawa began a new series about vampires and I think its for all ages. There's only one book so far called The Immortal Rules and it was an extremely good and different book about vampires.
Please let me kñow if you read any 9f these books and let me know what you thought. Ohh, have y'all read Jeaniene Frost books. She has three series goiñg on that are all tied together. Hope you find something you enjoy

Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald (demonsangel) | 21 comments I'm going to go checkout your books The Knights of the Darkness Chronicles. I wonder if. Audible has the series. If not that's something you should work towards,getting your books in audio format. I love Audible.Also here's the names of two narrators that are awesome,they can change their voiced with every character. Annika Boras and Marguerite Gavin are great to listen to. Goin now to find your books. Let me know if you read Laura Wright's, Mark of the Vampire series and Sarah McCartney's, Shadow Wranglers series. They do have explore sex detail and vulgar language but truly great reads. Let me know what you think.

message 22: by D.N. (new)

D.N. Simmons (dn_simmons) | 5 comments I hope you enjoy the KOTDC. I'm actually looking into creating audio books for the series. I have someone in mind for the narration. Thank you so much for the suggestion. I've heard good things about Laura Wright's series, I 'll have to check it out. :D

Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald (demonsangel) | 21 comments I am obsessed with audio books and I prefer listening than reading any day. There's so much you can do if your listening to a book. I mean seriously, can you drive a car and read a book? No, and the list goes on. I must say this though, if the audio book isn't atleast 10 hrs or better,I wont buy it. I have purchased some that's 8 hrs when a sale is going on at Audible. Also, if the narrator isn't any good then it kills the book. I love when a narrator can speak like a man or woman and change their voices with each character. Its so exciting when the narrator gets into what their doing. I did recommend two narrators that happen to be women only because they are the best I've ever heard narrate a book. I listen to usually one to two audio books a day until I finally crash and sleep.LOL. I am telling you the truth, I am addicted. My husband is ready to break my phone. It takes me two or three days to find something I like, even then I may pick something that's horrific. I'm sorry, I got off track, about the narrators, let me get back to that. Iim not sure how you feel about Kim Harrison's work. Well if you are then you know she wants her followers to be happy. The narrator that does all of her audio books is none other than the wonderful lady Marguerite. Gavin. She's great,exciting,funny,and everything you want a narrator to to be. I also mentioned Annika Boras, she was new to me. I wasn't familiar to her and had never listened to her before. I think most people
that listen to audio books would rather listen to female narrators than male. I myself try to avoid any audio narrated by a male. Its so hard for men to sound and talk like a woman let alone different female. characters. With lrfemales, they can and do it extremely well. As much. as I enjoy Marguerite Gavin I honestly heard the voice that was unlike. anything I've heard from a narrator. Annika Boras is amazing. I know. you love vampire books a d so do I, yet I enjoy urban fantasy period. I. plove books with magic, witches, vampires, and anything supernatural. I wish you would go to Audib

message 24: by Angela(demonsangel) (last edited Jan 26, 2013 05:13PM) (new)

Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald (demonsangel) | 21 comments Sorry we had bad weather here. We had heavy sleet come down, knocking our power out. I wasn't able to finish and correct things. I wish more people listened to audio books. If anyone gets the chance go to Audible and download Tiger's Curse. It doesn't have vampires,witches, and other things most of us like to read about. Butt it does consist of magic, adventure, dangerous quest, and even love. Trust me though, this audio book doesn't lack anything. I found not just the story but the narrator perfect and and absolutely flawless. I find it was so much better to listen to than read. This audio has the best narrator I have ever listened to. I checked and ANNIKA BORAS has ever read for Audible before. Check it out sometime,the audio version, it's a read for anyone,no matter what type of books yy666our into.
I really want to say LAURA WRIGHT'S series MARK OF THE VAMPIRE is very good. I have discovered there's books with men vampires in them but I have found the story line tends to focus or more on the female. With LAURA'S series they tell the story more about the males.but the female does share the spotlight. Also, author SARAH MCARTNY'S series is like that as well. SHADOW WRANGLER'S was an extremely wonderful vampire series where once again the male's got more of the spotlight than the female characters in the series. Both series make for interesting reads. Even though the series may sound like they were written for the female gender they would be wrong. Both series is written for female and male book lovers that love urban fantasy stories. If I'm not mistaken there's four books in Laura Wright's series, Mark of the Vampire and four books in the Shadow Wrangler's series written by Sarah Mcartny and these books may contain vulgar and extremely sexual details that some people may not function their liking but I LOVED IT ALL.....

message 25: by Melina (new)

Melina (classygirlnc) | 1 comments vampire academy is a great series

message 26: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Fletcher (supernaturalbiotch) | 16 comments Angel I'm a neighbor in west Virginia do I'm going through the same thing so i haven't been on.....I am a loyal customer on audibles seeing as I'm able to listen to it as i work during the day..yes i listen to books while on the assembly line if that isn't addicted i don't know what is lol...now a friend told me earlier today at work that she enjoyed la banks vampire series..any thoughts on this....the review for the book doesn't give seem very enticing..and thanks again for all the suggestions..you guys have really broadened the scope for me just when i thought i was running out of options...oh somebody asked what age i preferred..I'm 31 myself so that being said just nothing to young i couldn't really identify with va series but on the other hand i absolutely adored Morganville vampire series...just keep suggesting I'm up for anything exiting and fresh...thanks again

message 27: by Angela(demonsangel) (last edited Jan 28, 2013 09:42PM) (new)

Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald (demonsangel) | 21 comments Yeah,Vampire Academy series is by Richelle Mead and she started up a another series that has characters from the Vampire Academy series so they sort of go together. In my opinion its more of a YA series. Also Shelly there's another series by Chloe Neill called Chicagoland Vampires. I think there's 5 or 6 books to that series but its not finished. I typed Chloe Neill's name as a search on here(GR) and there will be more books this year coming out. Also Julie Kagawa is a author that has spent her time in the work of the Fey, but she broke away for a bit and wrote a wonderful book called The Immortaal Rules and it was mentioned by D.N. previously.

Travis, I saw your book and I downloaded it from Amazon and Sony. I looked for it on Nook but I couldn't find it. I normally dont read anything unless its the actual book format but I will read your book and review it as soon as I can.
o

message 28: by Ardy (new)

Ardy Ardy (ardybooks) | 52 comments Akeldama: The Field of Blood is free at smashwords.com until March 1st with the coupon code YS78T. I hope to have the sequel ready by then. Hope you check it out. https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

message 29: by Angela(demonsangel) (last edited Feb 18, 2013 12:34PM) (new)

Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald (demonsangel) | 21 comments Hi Ardy, I just downloaded your book. It might take awhile but I will read it and write my review. Thank you for letting us all know.

message 30: by Ardy (new)

Ardy Ardy (ardybooks) | 52 comments No problem. I'm working on the final chapters of part two right now.

message 31: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Fletcher (supernaturalbiotch) | 16 comments Angela ihave not read it as it didn't seem appealing to me at a glance but after reading your post i went and read the review and I'll have a go aT it....ill let you know...

message 32: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Dawson | 63 comments If you're looking for something different, check out Steve Montano's Blood Skiesor Drew D'Amoto's Bloodlines. The first is very dark and disturbing. The second is a historical timeline concerning the evolution of vampires. Both are very interesting.

message 33: by S.C. (new)

S.C. Parris (scparris) | 6 comments I know I'm so late to the party, but my series, The Delacroix Series, is on Goodreads and we're two books in. They are:
The Dark World
The Immortal's Guide

And I have a vampire short story entitled "A Night of Frivolity" coming April 18th by Before Sunrise Press, the interview of which you can read here if you're interested.

message 34: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Jeff wrote: "If you're looking for something different, check out Steve Montano's Blood Skiesor Drew D'Amoto's Bloodlines. The first is very dark and disturbing. The second is a historical timeline concerning t..."

Hi, Jeff. How have you been lately? I've been up to no good, of course. Always something.

message 35: by Laura (new)

Laura Cantu (lauraccantu) | 2 comments Hello Shelley,
I couldn't help but to notice that you are open to receiving suggestions from authors. After reading your message to Sandrine, " I like the fact that there are ancients that are feared but very rare and i love just the idea of alternate Worlds being among us,"
I am compelled to recommend the first book in my own series:

Xandria Drake: Ancient Rising

The kindle version will be available for free between the dates of April 19-21, 2013 on Amazon.

I am happy to say that the book has received positive reviews, and many say that it presents new perspectives in this genre.

Best of luck in your search! :)

message 36: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Raygoza (jenniferraygoza) | 7 comments Not a series but check this out!
The Guardians

message 37: by Racquel (last edited Jun 04, 2013 03:55AM) (new)

Racquel Kechagias (rkechagias) | 7 comments I know I'm a bit late to join this party ;) But you can check out my series "The Fire Within" or my two other books "Miss Underworld" and "Captive of Magic". The Fire Within
Miss Underworld
Captive of Magic

message 38: by Francis (new)

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments Is Miss Underworld a beauty pageant in hell?

message 39: by Racquel (new)

Racquel Kechagias (rkechagias) | 7 comments Good idea but no. It's about Hade's daughter. Hence the title. Have you heard of the Greek Goddess Melinoe? It's basically based off of her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melinoe

message 40: by Francis (new)

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments Actually no... interesting.

message 41: by Trista (new)

Trista Borgwardt (tristamborgwardt) | 1 comments Rabbit's Feet is the first book in my vampire horror series and the second book Polarity is schedule to be released soon!

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B...

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

Thank you!

message 42: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) Of Saints and ShadowsThis is the first in a series by Christopher Golden who is a great writer no matter what the subject is.

I really enjoyed Kiss of the Vampire.

Sunglasses after Darkis an excellent collection of most of the Sonja Blue Series.

I'll also recommend my own book Eyes Like Blue Firewhich is the first in a series about a vampire named Katja.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I see you already have lots of suggestions, but if you want something a bit different, there are some stories I would point you to.

Eve of the Damned by David Basnett is the first in a series of modern vampire/vampire hunter stories.

I got into the above one, when I started reading a different series, by a different author. This one's set in Victorian times. I'm three stories in now and it's really good. Dr. Blessing's Curse, or, The Baby In the Bell Jar by Jack Rollins

Here's the thing, though - both of these series are linked. The two authors know each other (I follow them on Twitter) and they refer to each other's work. I like things like that in films (eg the marvel films).

message 44: by Shelley (last edited Jan 03, 2014 12:02PM) (new)

Shelley Fletcher (supernaturalbiotch) | 16 comments I'm always open for new suggestions. Actually I've been scanning good reads for new vamp books to read. Im really getting into paranormal books as well too . Thank you again for your suggestions.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Oddly enough this just came up tonight: https://www.facebook.com/doctorblessing seems there is a collected edition coming out soon if you're interested

message 46: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Fletcher (supernaturalbiotch) | 16 comments Hello my fellow book readers and avid suggesters if that is even a word....I have a new but older vampire book that's my new favorite I liked it so much and since you guyS have made so many great suggestion to me when I started this thread I thought I would share my excitement with you drum roll....Marchwood Vampire series book one: Hidden. This book has every thing that interest me it has just a smidge ancient mythology archeological digs in foreign lands very old vampires and coming out of the coffin. For Some reason I love vampire books were the world is clueless about their race. I would describe this book like this you ever watched a movie and thought I can't believe that wasn't a big blockbuster hit....exactly... Why have I never heard of this book? You guys have made great suggestions and just happened to lead me to this book... so by All means keep them coming....thanks your friend from wv Shelley

message 47: by Mary (new)

Mary Simmons | 6 comments Greetings from Lebanon, Tennessee, USA. You may be interested in a writer friend of mine which is on facebook and he is very down to Earth. Send him a friend request to Rusty Nugent and you can like Author Rusty Nugent group. Take it easy and let me know if you like Rusty's book series. You get many transformations of heroic werewolves vs evil vampires, and many battles between the both of them. There is a lot of blood and guts. The books are Dark Fantasy with Horror and Romance elements. Thank you for your support.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I have previously pointed people to an e-book series I liked. It's now out in paperback, for those who aren't into the whole e-reader thing. I've got to say, the book looks cool so I might invest in one even though I have the e-books.

The Cabinet Of Dr Blessing collects a series of 3 stories. https://www.createspace.com/4688659

Also there's a discount code, which is showing on the author's facebook page. Hopefully still works. Should get you 10% off according to the page:

Code: C2EF9MRK

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

On the same note, I think the author of the other vampire series I liked, David Basnett, has released his through the indie-publishing Createspace route too.

message 49: by M.P. (new)

M.P. Sharma (mpsharmaauthor) | 12 comments Hi,

Not sure if you're still interested in vamp series, but maybe you could try my first books in a series - The Last True Blood, and please feel free to review it for me :) I would appreciate feedback!

Thanks!

message 50: by Suzie (new)

Suzie | 4 comments Kresley Cole's Immortals after dark series features vampires, quiet a few of the main characters are vampires. A new author, Josephine Mc Nabb, has a book out that has vampires in it. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fire-Fangs-Bl... You should read the blurb and see if it suits you..
I'm reading wild things by Chloe Neil at the minute and its not gripping me like previous books have..

« previous 1