The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Intro time

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ty (new)

Ty Wilson (ShatterStar66) | 4 comments To quote Austin Powers: Allow myself to introduce...myself. I recently joined Goodreads and am thrilled to find a few book clubs to join. I like a wide variety of genres with a special affinity for mystery, crime and thrillers. Just a few of my favorites are John D. MacDonald's Travis McGee novels, the original Ian Fleming James Bond series, pretty much anything by Elmore Leonard, and most recently I've discovered Lee Child's loose cannon, Jack Reacher. I look forward to getting some good recommendations and participating in the monthly discussions. Thanks!

message 2: by Bill (new)

Bill Welcome to the group, Ty. I'm about to delve into the Travis McGee mysteries this year and am looking forward to it. I'm also in the process of rereading the Bond books, they were a childhood pleasure. I hope you get many more recommendations here.

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth | 408 comments Welcome to the group, Ty! I, too, am a fan of Elmore Leonard. For comedic mysteries, I recommend Donna Andrews and for more serious ones, I recommend William Kent Krueger. You may want to check out my own two series, too. Happy New Year!

message 4: by Bernie (new)

Bernie Dowling (beedeed) | 82 comments Welcome Ty

message 5: by Ty (new)

Ty Wilson (ShatterStar66) | 4 comments Thank you, Bill, Beth, and Bernie! Beth, I'm not familiar with those authors, but I'll be sure to check them out and take a look at your books as well. Thanks!