Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Please delete this book

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 22 comments http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

Can you please delete this book? I have added it digiting a wrong ISBN and now I can't delete it. Thanks.

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Delete or edit to correct the ISBN?

message 3: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 22 comments Please, delete it. Because the book is already in the website with the correct ISBN.

message 4: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Dec 30, 2012 10:42AM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Done. (Weirdly as I was trying to first merge the one rating it did have, the rating disappeared. I refreshed to be sure.)

No, now saying only super-librarians can delete something with so many reviews. I think may be hitting a major refresh bug—but this one now needs super.

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) And a rating came back. This is one weird book.

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 22 comments Yeah. it displays the same message to me as well. It seems that only super-librarians ...

message 7: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 22 comments I do not know what to do... I think I will try again later...

message 8: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments That book has already been added by someone (actually Andrea you're the one who shelved it). What book should it be merged into? Or what should the correct ISBN be?

message 9: by Andrea (last edited Dec 30, 2012 02:16PM) (new)

Andrea | 22 comments Yes, I shelved it first, but then I have found that I added it with a wrong ISBN. So when I double checked the ISBN I got two results: mine and another one's. now I can't delete the one I had shelved.

This is the link to the book I have shelved and this is the book that has to be deleted:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

message 10: by lafon حمزة (last edited Dec 30, 2012 02:22PM) (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments Ah, never mind. Found the other book, and I'll merge them. Scratch that. The publish dates are different, so am I correct in think that it was a reprint?

message 11: by Andrea (last edited Dec 30, 2012 02:45PM) (new)

Andrea | 22 comments lafon حمزة wrote: "Ah, never mind. Found the other book, and I'll merge them. Scratch that. The publish dates are different, so am I correct in think that it was a reprint?"

Actually, it is not a reprint. It is me who inserted the a wrong ISBN number so I created a double entry, but mine does not exist because the ISBN is wrong...

.. I think you're right... maybe it's s different reprint.... mine is 1996.