Young Adult Contemporary Romance discussion

Because of Low (Sea Breeze, #2)
This topic is about Because of Low
❤ ARCHIVES > #15: Beacuse of Low by Abbi Glines (Dec 31 - Jan 6)

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gisbelle This thread is for the discussion on Because of Low written by Abbi Glines.

Please let others know if you include spoiler in your post.

Purvika (frostybells) Awesome book I just loved Marcus and willow :o] I this it was the best in series

Gisbelle Boy, I can't wait :D Book 1 was just ok in my opinion. I hope this one is going to be so much better :)

Deepika (deepika3) It is much better!

Gisbelle Thanks Vanessa :) I am going to start this one around Wednesday or so. I don't know why but I can finish contemporary faster than fantasy :) Let us know if you can start the book.

Gisbelle Deepika wrote: "It is much better!"

I love Marcus, so I hope I will enjoy this one more than the first book :) We won't read book 3 & 4 in the group, but I will read them anyway :D

message 7: by Pip (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pip (pippal) | 66 comments Liked this way better than breathe. Loved Marcus and low :) 2nd fav book of the series cash's story was my fav the 3rd book.

Maggie SPOILER ALERT!!!!
I couldn't wait for the group to start this book so I already read it after I finished breath. I totally loved it! Marcus is awesome, oh so cute southern gentlemen. Low was extremely adorable. I loved how much love she had for cage but at the same time thought he was a pig. Half way through the book, I had a " HOLY SHIT " moment and realized where abbi Glines was going with the story. Murder mystery novels being my all time favorite novels, I was able to see the small clues being dropped and caught on pretty quick. I loved because of low and seeing as we will not be reading or discussing the next two books, I wanted to mention that; each book is great. Each tell a different story about the different characters in the group. No stories were the same. Each character had their own unique persona, their own life and secrets outside the group. If you read the first two books, i suggest you read them all. Now that I've read all four, I can easily see why some of you said breath was just ok, I have to agree with you know because I first thought that the second book was going to go in deeper to jax's and Sadie's relationship but it didn't and I am glad because Marcus is a better character to focus on. Sorry Jax but Marcus stole the spot light and looked better in it. Lows sister, what a bitch!!! Enough said. I hope there's no more books in the series because I am ready to move on. Awesome novels though.

Gisbelle Thanks Maggie :) I haven't read your comment though. I'll read it when I finish the book. I will start on Wednesday :)

Deepika (deepika3) Maggie wrote: "SPOILER ALERT!!!!
I couldn't wait for the group to start this book so I already read it after I finished breath. I totally loved it! Marcus is awesome, oh so cute southern gentlemen. Low was ext..."

Yah.. They were :)
My fav was Because of Low!
But while it lasts was also good :)

message 11: by Chris (new)

Chris | 7142 comments Mod
I have this book in my to-reads, but can you tell me if you need to read book 1 Breathe first to get the most out of this one?

Emily | 417 comments I'm still working on breath hopefully I will b able to catch up with the weekly reads

Maggie Chris wrote: "I have this book in my to-reads, but can you tell me if you need to read book 1 Breathe first to get the most out of this one?"

Chris, you really don't have to read BREATH, but it's such a fast read, why not get the full background of how the characters are introduced. It took me ten hours to read but I really enjoy reading and tend to be glued to my nook.

Gisbelle Chris wrote: "I have this book in my to-reads, but can you tell me if you need to read book 1 Breathe first to get the most out of this one?"

I think so, Chris since we will meet the characters that have already made appearance in book 1.

Gisbelle Finished and loved it :) You guys are right. It really is much better than Breathe :D

Emily | 417 comments just finished it I was much better tHan breath

Gisbelle Emily wrote: "just finished it I was much better tHan breath"

I think so :)

It reminded me a lot of The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley & From Ashes by Molly McAdams

message 18: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa | 5 comments This is one of my favorite series. I think that you definatley have to read Breathe before you read Because of Low!!

Gisbelle Yes, definitely. I loved this one better than Breathe also.

message 20: by Kaat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kaat (kaatm) | 1 comments I loved this. I thougt the style was a little different than the first book, but I liked it. I was happy to see characters return

Gisbelle Kaat wrote: "I loved this. I thougt the style was a little different than the first book, but I liked it. I was happy to see characters return"

Me too :) Besides, it was a fast read :D

Rebecca Rubens-malam | 1 comments Loved loved loved, this books got me hooked on the author and I read four of her books in four days. A first for me

Gisbelle Rebecca wrote: "Loved loved loved, this books got me hooked on the author and I read four of her books in four days. A first for me"

A die-hard fan :) I love her writing too.