! YA Heroines ! discussion

Archive > BOTM Suggest a Series Read Along 2013

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (last edited Dec 29, 2012 11:03PM) (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Name a series that you think !YA Heroines! should read. Though it has to be a series that has a least 2 books out already. We will select 5 series. You guys will then vote in a poll that will narrow it down to 1 series which we will read (Sometime this year).

State the

~ Name of series
~ Author
~ How many books in series
~ Any other details we might need to know

message 2: by Niámh (new)

Niámh | 186 comments Name of series: paranormalcy
Name of author: kiersten white
How many books in the series: 3

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments I have read the Paranormalcy series and the books are great and are worth reading. I'll see if we can have them as a series read-along!

message 4: by Nancy (last edited Jan 10, 2013 08:56PM) (new)

Nancy (pandabears) One question: should we be reading a serie the moderators have read or not? O.o

What about...

Name Of Series: The Mortal Instruments
Name Of Author: Cassandra Clare
How many books: 6 (:

I haven't ever read these but I REALLY want to, but I'm requesting it and its taking forever >_< *sighs*

message 5: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Yep, I'm creating the poll now!

message 6: by Chelsea (last edited Jan 11, 2013 05:25PM) (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments To answer your question Nancy - It doesn't matter, if we have or is/are going to read it then we'll lead the discussion if we can't read it then you guys can lead the discussion!

message 7: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (pandabears) okay thanks(:

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelreaditwrite) Tamora Pierce's Tortall series. There's 18 I think, but they are split into several smaller series starting with Song of the Lionness, which has 4 books. The very first book is Alanna The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness, #1) by Tamora Pierce

Tamora Pierce's heroines are, in my opinion, the definition of kick-ass. She is a feminist herself, so one of the reasons she writes books to begin with is to make a point. She's my all-time favourite author and I could rave about her books forever and ever and ever.

message 9: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Thanks :)