Thirteen Reasons Why Thirteen Reasons Why discussion

Has this book helped you through a dark time in your life?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shayla It certainly helped me. Not only have I stopped considering it, but now I am trying to look for signs from other people, so that I can try and help them. I no longer believe in rumors that I hear, because I realized just believing in a rumor can do a lot of damage.

Sonia Jarmula I felt I understood suicide a little better, even though I felt that Hannah made the wrong decision. It was very powerful and to be honest emotionally exhausting for me, I felt very weighed down while reading it, but I feel I know what would push someone towards suicide more.

I'm so glad you didn't do it love. :) Message me if you need to talk.

Shayla Me too, ha, and okay

Abbigail Yeah, a very eye opening book. That is awesome how you don't believe any more rumors and are looking out for people, Shayla! And Sonia I definitely was depressed reading this, but in a good way.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

This book had me crying by the end of it. It seriously broke my heart. I think everyone can relate to Hannah's situation.

Yasmeen i guess you could say it's helped help me!!!
i mean i'd be lying to say it has solved all my problems or that i'm now "reborn" o anything like that rubbish. BUT, it has helped change my perspective of things a little bit, and i want to believe that i've become somewhat a better person partly because of it.

Shayla It's good to hear that, Yasmeen. :)

Cassie this really did help me alot, it helped me see how all the rumors and things like that can effect people and it got me thinking of my high school days and how i went through things like that and how i considered suicide at one point and how i didnt do it. i now want to help others who feel like i felt.

if any of you ever want to talk message me (:

message 9: by Allee (new) - added it

Allee DeCoste I really really helped me. It made me remember that everything I do could affect someone so I should probably do it in a positive way.

Cassie Allee wrote: "I really really helped me. It made me remember that everything I do could affect someone so I should probably do it in a positive way."

this is so true its sad that not many people think this way.

Abbigail u guys! your going to make me cry!

Cassie aww dont cry!!
this book did make me cry though it hit home for me.