! YA Heroines ! discussion

Shadow and Bone (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about Shadow and Bone
Book Discussions > 2013 JAN - Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Shadow and Bone sounds like a great read. What are your thoughts?

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments For me Shadow and Bone was great. Although the motives of the villain were not quite believeable. Like how some author make the villain want to rule the world for no reason - or a strange reason. Yea, that was a bit weird. I like the whole system of Grisha. (but I wished the Ms. Bardugo explained it a bit more) I like Alina - she is great, a good heroine. I know what Jenny means by confusing. I think maybe Shadow and Bone lacked detail? Well, it's a great book anyways, the plot and idea's are really worth reading!

*This bit below will contain spoilers (beware!)
(view spoiler)

Haley Just finished this book and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Some of the reviews I read were a bit iffy, and stories like this one are usually a bit hit or miss for me, so I have to give the author props for sucking me into the story. I thought the character development was a bit weird, and the shifts in how Alina felt about both the darkling and mal were a bit strange, but overall the plot kept me interested. Was a bit surprised that she wasn't more sceptical about what the darklings mother told her though. I think i probably would have needed a bit more proof before just running away.

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments LOL, I tend to enjoy books like Shadow And Bone but little things always nag at me. I guess it's cause I read to much fantasy :D. ( Nahh, you can never read too much!)