Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Question of the Week > What are your new year resolutions?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 9700 comments Mod
Yeah, I know....

But anyway....

What resolutions are you making for the brand new baby year of 2013?

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Jan 03, 2013 08:33PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 9700 comments Mod
My resolutions:

1. Actually work on my writing and try to submit something for publication this year.

2. Try not to be stressed out about stuff, and give things to God instead of worrying.

3. Eat healthier and exercise regularly (to the best of my abilities).

4. Try to read more of the books I want to read instead of mainly review books.

5. Explore more opportunities in the arts and crafts.

6. Continue my self-learning of the Russian language.

message 3: by Candy Aya (new)

Candy Aya (notyourgirlnextdoor) | 11 comments Mine is, I shall take things one step at a time. I realized that rushing some things end up a disaster. So that's it.

Good one!

message 5: by Stefanie (last edited Jan 04, 2013 10:49AM) (new)

Stefanie (oleofox) | 60 comments Making this year the year that I will finally lose all the extra weight. I was always an average weight up until the 9th grade when I gave up my paper route and the daily exercise that provided (I roller-bladed with 20-30 lbs hanging over my chest and back). Before that I also played street hockey on a daily basis with the guys in my neighborhood. But ever since freshman year in high school I have put on pounds every year. So a few months ago I really started the process by doing leg lifts every day. I've already lost 30 lbs (10 that I put on last holiday season, plus 20 more). And I am already down a full size. Hopefully leg exercises will be enough as I can't do anything with my arms as I have 2 messed up wrists that are in pain every day and that is only from doing tasks in order to survive. I will never be a size 0 (and do not want to be), but I think I might be a 6 or 8 at my ideal size.

I've never really made a new years resolution before. Not seriously. I think the only time in the past that I made one was when we were forced to back in gradeschool.

message 6: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (last edited Jan 05, 2013 05:04PM) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
I try to avoid resolutions but I do want to eat healthier and exercise more.

I think that any exercise that works your large muscle groups is good for aerobics. You might also try some yoga, Stefani.

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (studioeastrat) | 511 comments Mine is to give up energy drinks. They are super bad for you so I decided I need to quit drinking them. It is tough through since I work third shift and don't get as much sleep as I should due to my husband's and my kid's schedule.

I am rooting for you, Jessica. Why not try something more natural and healthy, like green tea? Tea is safe for you and it does have theobromine elements.

message 10: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie (oleofox) | 60 comments If you want to go at a gradual pace, I suggest switching to a full bodied black tea (as from what I have read and experienced myself) they have more caffeine than other teas and regular coffee. I personally always go for Twinnings Irish Breakfast. Sometimes even 2 of them steeped for 10 minutes.

message 11: by PNR lover (new)

PNR  lover | 27 comments Mine this year is to start my gluten free diet, don't want to but don't have a choice cause of health issues. But really so far the gluten free food I have tried sucks. But I will just have to keep trying to find the stuff I like.

message 12: by BDSM newbie (new)

BDSM newbie  (Charlievamp) Mine is to just get the house and everything sorted out stay on top of it all, not that my house is dirty but it gets messy as I live with 3 men. Also I want to get back into work so we don't have to worry about money anymore and some of the stress is taken of my boyfriends back. He works too hard and I want to help him.

message 13: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (studioeastrat) | 511 comments Thanks Lady Danielle and Stefanie for the tips. I will give tea a try. So far so good though. I haven't had one since the day before new years.

message 14: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie (oleofox) | 60 comments Keep up the good work. Its definitely going to be healthier for you in the long run. All the info about energy drinks that I've read in news articles have scared me away from ever trying them.

BJS wrote: "Mine this year is to start my gluten free diet, don't want to but don't have a choice cause of health issues. But really so far the gluten free food I have tried sucks. But I will just have to keep..."

Hi BJS. I hope you find some good gluten-free recipes and foods. I'm rooting for you!

Charmaine wrote: "Mine is to just get the house and everything sorted out stay on top of it all, not that my house is dirty but it gets messy as I live with 3 men. Also I want to get back into work so we don't have ..."

You can do it, Charmaine. I say just come up with a written plan for what parts you will focus on in a day/week, and rotate through. I have some physical difficulties that limit my stamina, so I have to divide up my cleaning, especially if I have to work that day. You'll get it done.

Jessica wrote: "Thanks Lady Danielle and Stefanie for the tips. I will give tea a try. So far so good though. I haven't had one since the day before new years."

You're welcome. There are some good teas out there.