What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. A WWII fiction book about a POW who ends up getting saved while digging his own grave

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keith (new)

Keith Kasper | 1 comments So I read this book when I was in seventh or eighth grade, I'm pretty sure it is young adult fiction, but it could have possibly been based on a true story. It was about a WWII pilot whose plane get shot down right in enemy territory he is then on the run through enemy territory and eventually becomes a POW, I remember at some point he gets interrogated by a german officer and they end up shooting a german shepherd that is in the room with the soldier getting interrogated and he holds the dog as it dies. I also know that the only thing that gets him through a lot of it is the neighbor girl from back home that he fancies. In the end he is in a POW camp and is digging his own grave and at the last second U.S. soldiers take over the camp and he is saved. I don't remember any of the character's names or anything but I know it was a pretty good book and I'd love it if someone knew the name. Thanks!!!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Keith, are you still looking for this book?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
No response. Moving to Abandoned.