One on One's discussion

1 x 1's > Cube & da Kharo

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments Okay, Little Peach! Got da topic thingeh!

message 2: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments I'm not used to the other way... But can you explain?

message 3: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments The go along thingy. How is it that you do that?

message 4: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments (( Oh, okay! Is this part of the RP, or just an example? ))

message 5: by NewtStein (last edited Dec 31, 2012 04:29PM) (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments (( Well it was freaking awesome! Okay! Let's do that!
You want me to start, or do you? ))

message 6: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments (( Uh... introducing...? ))

message 7: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments (( Sure! ))

Past the dark, moist walls of the alleys, casting shadows over him, ran a young man, tripping over himself in his haste. His bandaged hands held on to the straps of his heavy backpack. His dark curls flat and wet now from the rain, dripping over his eyes, making it difficult to see, giving him many other chances to trip. His tall height and athletic build allowed him to keep running, not tiring half as much as the men in pursuit, right behind him. A helicopter flew over head, some police cars swerving around the alleys to try to get to them, but Arjun either jumped over the hoods and slid off, or rolled out of the way, almost meeting death under a car many times.
Arjun was a smart lad, not stupid, though careless at times, his mischievous, dangerous, carefree attitude making him a trouble maker, a juvenile delinquent.
He hadn't been to school, ever, yet he knew more than most of the kids his age, simply by living it. And his black clothing, stained with blood and dirt made him look like a hobo in daylight. Though his kind green eyes and soft, friendly smirk usually caused people to have second thoughts of this boy being trouble. Until they saw the mischievous smile, and heard the mysterious, playful voice, then they knew he should never be trusted with firecrackers.

message 8: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments Arjun turned slowly to face the person who had just saved his life, though if this person was a friend or a foe, that was yet to be discovered.
His eyes fell over this person, this captor. His scratched, gently tanned face was twisted in pain, as he was greatly injured, and had had to run miles this way, without being able to see what it was that troubled him so.
"Who... who is it that you are?" his voice spoke in a whisper, showing no sign of fear.
"What is it you want?"

message 9: by NewtStein (last edited Jan 04, 2013 09:03AM) (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments (( HETALIA! Oh Cubey! XD ))

Arjun decided she was no real danger. He managed to smile a bit, though he looked tense, trying to figure out her next move.
"He-hello there... My name is Arjun..." his accent was that of a Hindu, as his features were as well, a bit. Though his eyes were different, an emerald green, and he wasn't as skinny and short looking as most boys his age were in India. How he exercised was visible in his height and build.
He wore old boots, tattered jeans, a black hooded jacket, an a dirty grey shirt. His large backpack was black as well, which he held in one bandaged hand now.
"I thank you, Styx. You saved my life. How could I ever repay you?"

message 10: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments Arjun nodded. "Well... I know there are agents from a secret organization after me. I don't know what they want from me. I just know that I have to run, maybe leave the country, before they catch me. Because once I do leave the country, I might be safe... I won't be in American territory..." he explained quietly, pausing to think some times.

message 11: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments Arjun blinked. Then he shook his head slightly, watching her, just in case she tried to touch him.
"I... I can't. I'm sorry.... I... this... We are far too dangerous..." he said, standing.
"But I thank you, Styx, for your help. Vishnu should be proud of you" he bowed his head.

message 12: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments Arjun was quiet for a moment, thinking.
"I... I don't know..." he said quietly. "I would have to think about it... But I can accept to your offer, if you want me to..."
He was a bit nervous, because she could be working for GAED, but he decided to shake the thought off of his head.

message 13: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments Arjun slowly pushed her hand away from his shirt sleeve with his backpack, sure not to make any contact with her skin. "Um... of course... Only, I must tel you something else about me" he said, stepping carefully away, looking like he was expecting someone to whip him.

message 14: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments (( Greek mythology, babeh! The River Styx: where lost hopes and dreams of dead humans dwelt then, as the ferry man Charon transported them to be judged, then transported to either, the Fields of Asphodel, the Fields of Punishment, or Elysium.
So cool, no? ^^ ))

Arjun had no idea what she was talking about. All he knew were legends and stories of his own religion: Hinduism. But he found this piece of mythology quite interesting.
"Oh... yes, well..." he shifted a bit from foot to foot, answering to the last thing she had spoken of.
"Um... I suggest, for your own good... do not touch me..." he swallowed.
"I... don't want to hurt you, as you have been only kind to me..."

message 15: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments Arjun stared at it, stunned. But he blinked, and walked in ahead, trying to keep his distance.
"Well... I have this... genetic anomaly... and, it causes my body to absorb any other living being's energy, to keep me alive, by touch. If a person were to touch me for long, they could die, as one touch from me, long enough, and one if too weak to move away then. I could kill a person with just my hands, or anything else in me... So, I suggest you don't touch me... I don't want to harm you..." he was so embarrassed. He wanted to curl up in a ball and hide in a corner.

message 16: by NewtStein (last edited Jan 03, 2013 07:07PM) (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments Arjun hesitated. "If you are to touch me with those, then yes, I suppose it would...." he decided with a shrug. "Anyway... where is it we are going?"

message 17: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments Arjun blinked down at the children, a bit surprised.
"He-hello there..." he said shyly, shifting from foot to foot.

message 18: by NewtStein (last edited Jan 04, 2013 08:58AM) (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments Arjun bowed his head respectfully.
"I am very pleased to meet you all" he smiled, shy and still a bit embarrassed.
His green eyes darted around over every person in the home, nervous, watching for anyone making a move towards him. He was still scolding himself, for revealing something about himself to Styx so quickly, his only secret. Well... He had another, but he had to reach that secret first, as speaking of it would break his bonds to home.

message 19: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments Arjun was starving, really. So he nodded slightly, sticking close to a corner, not dropping his bag yet. In the dim light, which was more than that outside, one could see how much he'd been through: what with the scratches on his face, his blood stained bandages around his hands, his wet, messy dark curls, his tattered, ripped clothes. He looked like someone had kicked him down a mountain, yet he managed to make that pathetic look upon him seem dangerous, adventurous, which caused some random cheerleaders in coffee shops to give him winks. That really freaked Arjun out. He wondered what it all meant. He just thought they were being creepy.

message 20: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments Arjun panicked slightly. "No, no! I'm okay" he told Nina.
"You don't have to touch me... It's fine."
He was nervous all over again. He didn't want to explain again what he could do with one touch, especially since he could not control it.

message 21: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments Arjun stepped out of their way, pressing himself against a wall. He thought this place was rather peculiar. He nodded a 'thank you' to Nina, and opened up the first aid kit. He looked through for bandages and disinfecting things, along with a needle and thread. He was used to fixing himself up.

He didn't remember anything from his past life. He knew he woke up in a hospital, with bandages around his head, when he was seven. He knew he was scared, because he didn't remember anything, not even his name, and ran away.
He didn't name himself. An old priest had started calling him that when he visited the church every Monday, curious about Christianity. And so, when the old priest didn't come one day, and a new one showed up, he left, and kept the name Arjun as his only possession.
Ten years of cops, agents, and FBI workers chasing after him, of running through states he really didn't know about, to find out later he was in in America, to find out later what he could do with one touch, to one night get caught. Then they told him everything, except one thing: what they wanted from him. He managed to get away, because Arjun was not stupid.

And now there he was, sitting with people he had just met, taking off the bloodstained bandages from around his hands, revealing deep, bleeding cuts that could make any small child look away and hide.

message 22: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments Arjun looked up, while cleaning the blood from his hands. He smiled lightly, unnaturally shy, as he was usually quite friendly. "Hello..." he said, with a tiny bow of his head. "Hans... right?"

message 23: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments Arjun looked away, down at his hands, which he was bandaging then. "I... wouldn't call them powers... I would call the curse. I would call them a poisonous self-defense..." he didn't want to explain, but if Hans asked, he would tell him.

message 24: by NewtStein (last edited Jan 09, 2013 09:59PM) (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments "'Powers' you mean?" Arjun looked up at Hans, just finishing up, as he was quite quick. He fixed his new bandages a bit, then put everything back in the kit, closing it up nicely.

message 25: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments (( LIES! I have no idea how to role-play a Hindu accent... It's hard! I can do it fine outlpud, but writing it... *thinking face* ))

Arjun nodded, thinking. "Wot kan yu doo den?" he asked him, curious. He was thinking... maybe he wasn't alone after all. He was glad, because he felt like one type of human while everyone else was the same. It was a lonely, horrible feeling he had been carrying over his shoulders for years and years.

(( Fail... FAIL! Awful attempt... *shoots herself* ))

message 26: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments (( *growls*

HELLO CUBE! I thought you left me... I thought you didn't want me anymore! DX ))

Arjun watched in fascination. "It burns? So this means... you are not entirely immune to fire, then..." he was thinking, not really asking.

message 27: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments (( What's that?! ^^ ))

Arjun frowned slightly. "Well, that is very interesting yes..." he felt, if he thought too much about it, he might wither and die. So he decided to ask a different question. He looked around at the others. "Are all of you this way? Different?"

message 28: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments (( Oh! What's it of? >-O
Yeah... that face is what I look like now. It's kinda funny really. ))

"Oh... If... if you don't mind my asking... were any of you experimented on?" Arjun asked him, alert suddenly.

message 29: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments (( The video game.
Huh? O.o ))

"Do you suppose she'll tell me?" Arjun was doubtful, but Hans had known her longer, so he supposed he must be able to develop and idea of what she might say.

message 30: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments (( STUPID COMMENT DIDN'T SAVE!!! DX
I have no idea how to answer that...
Yes, I did. Not anymore, thank the gods. ))

"How could I assure her she could trust me?" Arjun asked him after a moment of thought.

message 31: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments (( I FORGOT THIS THING! I feel so guilty... ))

Arjun nodded. "Alright. Thank you, Hans" he bowed his head, with a tiny smile. He let his head lean against the wall he sat with his back to. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. He tried to settle his thoughts, but he was too tired, to worn. And afraid. Always afraid.

message 32: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments (( Sorry, love... ))

Arjun ducked into his coat, shielding himself like a vampire would when encountering 'the light'. He didn't question why this was happening. He just hid myself in his coat, looking confused.

message 33: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments Arjun let his head pop out of his coat. He stared at them for a while. He was... just not used to seeing something like this. Never had he seen this, actually. it made him smile. Too bad he could never really touch any of them.

message 34: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments Arjun stood, slowly. "What is dat, phar-don?" he asked, tilting his head to the side slightly.

message 35: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments (( MEEP! Gosh, I suck... ))

Arjun looked blankly at her. "Po-kehr?" he blinked.
No, he didn't know what that was. But Arjun could learn...

message 36: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments "Whar? Cr-ahps?" Arjun looked way more confused. "Isn't dat a cohrse werd?" he was confused, with American things. Who knows, what if these games were from his own country and he didn't know? He had been disconnected for a long, long time...

message 37: by NewtStein (new)

NewtStein (einsteinlikesdog) | 11990 comments Arjun nodded. He trusted Hans. "Okay... How do we play it, den?" he inquired. He just hoped it didn't have anything to do with hurting people, like dodgeball.