UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Group Challenges > Self Challenge - Desley's 2013 Challenge 2

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 2: by Lorraine (last edited Dec 29, 2012 06:21AM) (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Good luck Desley ! For 1 AND for 2 !

message 3: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Good luck!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Especially good luck with "x" ;0)

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments Thanks, I don't think I have any x yet

message 6: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Interesting challenge Desley.Good Luck!

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments Just starting my challenge - first kindle book of the year is one of my most recent buys, Rachel Abbott's Only the Innocent. I have also started my first paperback, not sure of the title but it is by Izzy Hammond

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments 3 books in!! And another hectic week with little time for reading.

message 9: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Woop! Go Desley!

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments Thanks

message 11: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments *PomPom Dance*

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments 4 books, and just started the 5th. Not sure I am looking forward to my next book in the challenge, it is the first classic of the year.

message 13: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Ouch, classics are never easy to start.

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments Well, I think I might have picked a tough one, Bleak House. I looked forward to the two George Orwell books last year

message 15: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments I loved Bleak House!! Although it's not a very exciting book, it's more just an account of life back in Dicken's day

message 16: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments I have only read one Dickens book and I was not impressed!

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments Well, I gave up on it! Started The Man in the Iron Mask instead

message 18: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Lets hope this is better!

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments Well , 20% in and I couldn't tell you what its about

message 20: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments LOL!

message 21: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Louise-Lesley (Elle) wrote: "I have only read one Dickens book and I was not impressed!"

I liked Our Mutual Friend and (a real tear jerker) Dombey and Son. Sometimes he dwells too much on the secondary characters when you want to know what the main characters are up to, but all in all I love his descriptions. You really can *see* everything.

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments Just updated, appears I missed two off.

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments Well, only 8 read. Am hoping to read at least one book this week while I'm off work, but it won't be included in this challenge, as I've already read a book by that Author's letter

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments 11 letters, nearly half way there.

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments 12 now, as I just finished a series. Nearly half way though.

message 26: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Yay!

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments 13, half way through - and over half the year through!!!

message 28: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments as long as you having fun! well done desley on (unlucky for some) number 13!

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments Yeah, and now realised that the book I am reading was picked for part of this challenge, and I had already read one for that letter. Oh well, I'm really pleased I picked it, I'm enjoying it thoroughly, and have bought her next one.

message 30: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Well done Desley!!!

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments Well, another one down, and 2nd classic - think I aimed to read 4, but will be happy if I only read those 2.

message 32: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Well done!

message 33: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments you are doing really great desley!

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments Not reading as much as I'd like, but nearly another letter finished

message 35: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments As long as you read a little each day you are doing great!

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments Only 10 letters left, but I still haven't found one to read for the letter U

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments 17 read, nearly finished 18. No idea for X or U, so might have to be sneaky.

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments Only 8 letters to go, got an idea for U, just depends if i can get hold of a copy. Still no idea for X, Fantastic fiction didn't give much options, so I'm going to go for something with X in the title.

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments 19 down. Still looking for one for the letter X, had an idea last night, but not sure if I kept the book or got rid of it.

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments Only 5 letters to go, and I'm 32% into one of those letters. Still haven't checked the book shelf for my X idea though. I think I'm just going to find a book with X in the title.

message 42: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments You could read james patterson,he writes the alex cross series,or should i have put alex x or he writes the daniel x series.

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments I've read the majority of the Cross series. I've found an author onmy bookshelf that has an x in the title, although it is a kids book. Also helps with my paperback title and won't take long to read. Other option from the bookshelf was The Exorcist!

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Odd Thomas are one of my favourite series of books.

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments I didn't enjoy the last two that much, maybe reading consecutively isn't good -had the same problem last year too.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments I know what you mean about consecutive reading. I normally hate all the characters by the end. Mind you I just head all three hunger games and loved it.

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments Only 3 letters to go!!! will definitely finish this this year.

message 48: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Yay!! Congratulations Desley!

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11363 comments Well, I'm on my last of the A-Z challenge, so will definitely finish it and need to find something to finish the year off with.

message 50: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Congratulations Desley

« previous 1