Harry Potter discussion

Characters > Snaps and Dumbledore

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mea (new)

Mea Miranda (meamiranda) | 3 comments When I read the last book, I was very much moved when I found out the reasons behind Snape's actions, especially in the part where he tells Dumbledore that Dumbledore has been raising Harry like a pig for slaughter. It is made clear that Snape's intentions were good from the very beginning, but was I the only one who felt a little upset that Dumbledore has, indeed, been raising Harry like a pig for slaughter?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I wasn't upset because I assumed that the whole time. :P

message 4: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
After Voldemort uses Harry's blood to regenerate at the end of GoF, I think Dumbledore assumes Harry will survive.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

First I felt upset, but I doubt if Snape was completely right here. Dumbledore knew a lot more then he ever showed. I think he suspected that only the part of Voldemort in Harry would die.

message 6: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 24 comments I was very upset by Dumbledore in the end but over all I still loved the character & I also figured he probably thought Harry would triumph after all. After all we learn all this after he already passed away so maybe he saw something different before we shall never know. Snape I never stopped disliking even in the end. He had a very misguided way of showing he cared about Harry

message 7: by Robert (new)

Robert Tabb (Robert_C_Tabb) | 2 comments I was a big Snape fan throughout and one of the reasons I LOVE Deathly Hallows is that Rowling allows us to see the best of Snape and the worst of Dumbledore. I think she does a really wonderful job of doing that with most of the characters.