Speaker Geeks! discussion

V.S. Debates > Snow White and the Huntsman or Mirror Mirror?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
This was made with Ruth and Abhishek in mind, but feel free to add your opinion.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Look.They are different but same.

Mirror Mirror
Julia Roberts-Best
Lily Collins-Good

SW and HM
Charliz Theron-Best
Chris Hemsworth-Best
Kristen Stewart-Worse

message 3: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 2483 comments In my opinion Snow White and the Huntsman was a horrible use of good actors/actresses.
Charlize Theron, for example: She is a great actress. But she did not fit the role at all.
Kristen Stewart is a great actress, but she was about as bad for Snow White as Don Cheadle was for Rody in Iron Man 2.
It seemed like any skill that Chris Hemsworth had in any of his other movies was just dropped completely and we were left with, well, nothing.
Snow White is a classic fairytale, and when we take that fairytale and add in all the freakiness that was in Snow White and the Huntsman then you end up with a disaster.

Mirror Mirror was not the best movie on earth, by far. However, it was enjoyable. You could watch it and actually care about the characters. Granted, it wasn't the best acting, and some of the lines were childish, but it's a fairytale, that's how it's supposed to be.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

SW and HM tried something new.They add fireworks to fairy tale.I like that.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

And Kristen Stewart is pretty face but not good actor.

message 6: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
I'm not going to get in the middle of this as I haven't seen either movie, but I'll add my two cents for what it's worth. I think that the whole point of a fairy tale is the cheese and child-like quality. Adding fireworks to a fairy tale seems a bit...un-fairy tale. But then again, I haven't seen either movie, so I can't argue for or against either of them.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry.I hit post 3 times.

message 8: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
I'll delete two, it's fine.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

What can I say.I am dark and twisty type.

message 11: by talltyrion (new)

talltyrion Disaster of epic proportions, in my opinion.

message 12: by AlanCummingFan (new)

AlanCummingFan    (Morgona505) | 350 comments Snow white and the Huntsman was brillant the only flaw was Kristen Serwt

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I've see mirror mirror and it was a cute movie, but nothing more, I think. It wasn't very funny and I think they were trying to get a wide age range for the audience, but they didn't do so good.

I haven't seen Snow White and the Huntsmen but my friend said that yeah, the story was good, but the acting just wasn't as good as it should have been to make it a great movie.

message 14: by John (new)

John Hancock (johngregoryhancock) Kristen Stewart has the acting ability of a coat rack. Sorry, but there you have it. She HAS acted well, earlier in her career, but as she got older, and whinier, she basically has one and one half expressions. In Huntsman she uses the one-half expression.

Charlise is excellent, as always. It also makes no sense to pretend Kristen is prettier than Charlise. Or even the Huntsman. So that doesn't work.

IMHO, the worst part of Huntsman is Kristen Stewart, and since she's in like, every scene, that's a problem. The rest of the movie was actually done well, the special effects, etc.

haven't seen mirror mirror

message 15: by AlanCummingFan (new)

AlanCummingFan    (Morgona505) | 350 comments I love snow white and the huntsman thats how i always thought fairy tails should be

message 16: by Remi D. (new)

Remi D. (remid) | 4 comments i personally like snow white and the huntsman better. I like the plot better and think that there was better and more intense acting. I know Mirror Mirror was supposed to be funny, but I just feel like the story was portrayed better in snow white and the huntsman.

message 17: by Evan (new)

Evan (sampsom) | 578 comments The girl in Mirror Mirror (I think it was this film) (I also think she is David Bowie's daughter) has weird eyebrows. I couldn't stop staring at them. But I did enjoy it mainly because my friends kept on making me laugh.