Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

Challenges Archive > 2013 Group Reading Challenge Ideas

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 2280 comments Mod
If there's a reading challenge you'd like to see next year, please let me know here.

Last year we had the Main Challenge, the Pick Your Own Theme Challenge, and Favorite HP Author Challenge. If you'd like to do those again or others, feel free to make suggestions here.

Thanks!

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateperegrinate) I really liked the Pick Your Own Theme challenge!

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (last edited Dec 31, 2012 10:32PM) (new)

Here's the Pick Your Own Theme Challenge:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 4: by Asteropê (new)

Asteropê (21tauri) | 82 comments ideas:

Titles with one of these words in it:
Revenge, Mistress, Baby, Tycoon, Virgin, etc.

Ethnicity/nationality of the hero:
Greek, Russian, Brazilian, Arab (Sheikh), Italian, etc.

Heroes or Heroines with names that start with [insert a letter]

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Have you checked out our Pick Your Own Theme Challenge, Ἀστερόπη - Asteropê? You could pretty much put your own challenge together using those themes you listed.

message 6: by Asteropê (new)

Asteropê (21tauri) | 82 comments Yes, Lady Danielle. I started on the challenge. I just thought this was for brainstorming future challenges this year? I noticed the pick-your-own-theme challenge ends in June. I assumed ideas here could be used for another challenge? Sorry, if I was mistaken! :-)

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

You're not mistaken, but I just wanted to make sure you knew we have the challenge set up. I think it would easier to combine specific themes like that into the Pick Your Own Theme challenge, since our tastes are so varied. But I'll keep the suggestions in mind. Thanks!

message 8: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments HAPPY EASTER Ladies.
I have not posted here in a while ,but have been reading my hp's lol.Will try and post them on Monday.

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Happy Easter, Vashti! And Happy Belated Birthday!!!

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (last edited Jun 20, 2013 12:22PM) (new)

Howdy, Harlequin Presents Readers Challenge Participants! I'm working on the next challenge starting in July. This challenge will up the ante on themes. I would love for those who like to participate to list all the themes they like and would want to built a challenge around. I am going to include all those themes in the challenge. I am still working out the details, but I hope to give you guys a very fun, somewhat but not too challenging challenge that will last through the end of the year.

I'd love if you guys could list the themes you'd like to see by the 28th of this month.

Thanks!

Themes Suggested So Far

Vintage HPs
Titles with one of these words in it:
Revenge, Mistress, Baby, Tycoon, Virgin, etc.

Ethnicity/nationality of the hero:
Greek, Russian, Brazilian, Arab (Sheikh), Italian, etc.

Heroes or Heroines with names that start with [insert a letter]

Titles: Alphabet (A-?), etc
Books with a specific setting -- Australia, Europe, etc
Amnesia
Second chance/reunion
Secret babies
Boss/Secretary
Revenge marriage/plot
Heirs - marrying for heirs, needing heirs, etc
Plain Jane
Christmas/Holiday themed
Arranged marriages
Blackmailed -- into having a baby, marriage, etc
Royalty - Prince(ess), King, Queen, etc

The Woman Wronged (I don't know what to call this theme, but it's when the hero assumes the heroine is a gold digger, whore, cheater, etc and goes into things with that in mind and finds out she's a virgin/innocent/etc)

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

@ Asterope, I will include the ones you listed above in the challenge.

message 12: by Beth (new)

Beth (bscharwath) | 55 comments I am really enjoying the vintage HPs

I would like to be included in this challenge

message 13: by Asteropê (last edited Jun 19, 2013 02:05PM) (new)

Asteropê (21tauri) | 82 comments @Lady Danielle - Cool!

Other possible themes:
Titles: Alphabet (A-?), etc
Books with a specific setting -- Australia, Europe, etc
Amnesia
Second chance/reunion
Secret babies
Boss/Secretary
Revenge marriage/plot
Heirs - marrying for heirs, needing heirs, etc
Plain Jane
Christmas/Holiday themed
Arranged marriages
Blackmailed -- into having a baby, marriage, etc
Royalty - Prince(ess), King, Queen, etc

The Woman Wronged (I don't know what to call this theme, but it's when the hero assumes the heroine is a gold digger, whore, cheater, etc and goes into things with that in mind and finds out she's a virgin/innocent/etc)

Ummmm. That's all I can think of at the moment. I don't love all of them, but I figured the more the merrier and I am willing to read books of all themes. :-)

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I am working on the challenge for the summer-fall as we speak. Thanks for your patience!

message 15: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

The new challenge is posted:

2013 Harlequin Presents Bingo Challenge