General Craft & DIY discussion

Miscellaneous Crafts > Suggestions?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jlynnedh) | 15 comments http://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/6301...
The dad had this colander before he married my mother. The feet broke this holiday season and I couldn't let him throw it away because it is just so cool.

I want to do something with it but I'm not sure what. I can't really do a lamp or light source because I have no space for it (nor can I do think of a way to do it tastefully other than plastering it to a wall).
Any suggestions?

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 1418 comments I have one just like it sitting out by my workbench for the same reason. The foot broke off so Marg bought a stainless steel one that has a long handle & spans the sink. I thought it might come in handy or I could do something with it, but haven't so it is sitting in a pile with a bunch of aluminum horse shoes. If you do come up with something, I'll be interested.

message 3: by Foxtower (new)

Foxtower | 427 comments 1. Not so orignal idea but a helmet for a lawn sculpture robot...
2. Cha cha cha chia colander! Just fill with soil, smear on some seed and watch it grow!
3. Both I and my ex-wife have places on our kitchen walls where we hang old kitchen stuff. Nice ambiance for a country kitchen!
4. turn it upside down, add wheels, motors, sensors and a battery and you've got your very own robot bug to scare the dogs!
5. Send it as an anniversary gift to the latest royal family... then sell the signed royal thank you card on ebay!
6. Throw it in the fire pit several times until the image of Jesus appears. Sell tickets to see it!

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 1418 comments I like the last idea the best.
;-)

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jlynnedh) | 15 comments All awesome ideas, thanks! I particularly like the last two. Hehe =]
Hmm, well, I'll let you know when I finally figure it out. I will probably break down and turn it into a lamp though I might weave some glass beads into it for some color. Over-sized night light anyway?
Foxtower wrote: "1. Not so orignal idea but a helmet for a lawn sculpture robot...
2. Cha cha cha chia colander! Just fill with soil, smear on some seed and watch it grow!
3. Both I and my ex-wife have places on ou..."

message 6: by Foxtower (new)

Foxtower | 427 comments 7. Install a high intensity 300 watt bulb with a black bottom (formerly the top) and it becomes a star projector lamp!

message 7: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (alexbaddour) If you had a second one you could stick the bottoms together, put fabric in the "top" one and use it as a catch-all Or don't add the fabric and use it for apples, etc. on a dining room table or coffee table.