Books are my life... discussion

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) | 1345 comments Mod
•♦◙ Re-Building the Group Together ◙♦•

[image error]

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all doing alright. Sorry I haven't been around at all in the last four months. And I know it's mainly my fault for the group falling apart.

I'm really hoping to get it back to where it used to be, filled with happy and active members. But this time I can't do it alone. School takes up almost all my time, so I'm going to need all the help I can get.

I'm looking for some active members that are willing to dedicate a bit of there time to working with me and others to re-build this group. I'd like to find well rounded and hard working people to make moderators. And even if there are some of you ho do not want to be mods you can be just as helpful to the group by just participating in and starting discussions. Also it'd be great if people could invite their active friends that they think would like the group. The more the better.

So if you would like to help in any way, or have suggestions for me, feel free to leave a post here or even inbox me.

Lets do this together!

Can't wait to hear from you all!

Thank you so much,

Heather :)

Summary
Needed:
♦ new moderators
♦ new members
♦ active leading members
♦ new ideas

message 2: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) I am ready to get this group up and running!!! Come on gang!!! Let's do this!!!!

message 3: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Teri-lynn wrote: "I am ready to get this group up and running!!! Come on gang!!! Let's do this!!!!"

See that's what we need!

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandilala) Hi fellow readers, my name is Sandra, I love books, joined Library Club in School...many many years ago, ..my favorite book that I have read lately is The Dovekeepers - Alice Hoffman, I could not put it down. Mind you be prepared for it to stay with you ..long after you have read it, wondering who survived etc. the second book is a true story Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan. Another great book is Suite Francais by Irene Nemerovski. If u have any recommendations pls advise.

message 5: by Fatima (new)

Fatima Souane | 3 comments we will do all we can to help!!!!!!!!

message 6: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) Let me know what you need, I have a few minutes I haven't filled ;)

message 7: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) I thought that we could all make a list of 100 books and keep track of how many we read... I am going to use my reading challenge to guess how many I will get through!

message 8: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

I can set up the 100 book thing if everyone wants to do it.

Does each person make their own list of 100 and work their way through it?

message 9: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Heather wrote: "I can set up the 100 book thing if everyone wants to do it.

Does each person make their own list of 100 and work their way through it?"

yes we do....unless someone has a list that u would like to read

message 10: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) would u like some mod help? I am a mod on a few other groups so if u need help just let me know

message 11: by Book Sushi (new)

Book Sushi (BookSushi) | 93 comments Shall we perhaps get a Reading Challenge going? 1 Year time frame - A - Z.... (could work in conjunction with the 100 books)? Just try list them...

or a monthly challenge, nominate a Theme for the month, read a book with a certain colour... some ideas :) As much as I would love to be a mod again, I dont have access to the internet at home, so I wouldnt be able to work on this during the night when I actually have time because of work during the day... but will help when and where I can. just ask :)

message 12: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) I'm in for a theme.....sounds like fun

message 13: by Book Sushi (last edited Jan 17, 2013 10:22PM) (new)

Book Sushi (BookSushi) | 93 comments Okay shall we get started with a list of possible themes and then ppl can add to it and then take a vote to see what they would like for Feb??

Android
Vampire
Were-Animal (so many varieties)
Demons
Greek Mythology
Dystopian
Romance
Gothic
Angels
Magic
Faery
Modern Retake on Fairy-tales
Zombies
Biographies

message 14: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) How about Gargoyles.

message 15: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandilala) Book Sushi wrote: "Okay shall we get started with a list of possible themes and then ppl can add to it and then take a vote to see what they would like for Feb??

Android
Vampire
Were-Animal (so many varieties)
Demo..."

biography

message 16: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Book Sushi wrote: "Shall we perhaps get a Reading Challenge going? 1 Year time frame - A - Z.... (could work in conjunction with the 100 books)? Just try list them...

or a monthly challenge, nominate a Theme for the..."

I'm working on making some new challenges for the group so I will add your suggestions to the list as well. And if there are anymore i'd love to hear them!

message 17: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

What does everyone think about doing a reading bingo?

message 18: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

I would make a board something like below and the point would be to try to be the first to get a bingo with it by reading.
I haven't thought out all the rules yet really.

message 19: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

I'd need people to give suggestions on what they want to fill the squares with. But I can definitely add it to the challenges.

message 20: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Love the Bingo thing

message 21: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

I'm working on the Bingo board right now and will let you guys know when it is finished!

message 22: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

I've finished the board!!! I just have to set up the rule and then we are ready to go.

message 23: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

I was also thinking of making a challenge called around the world in 80 books. Do you think that would be popular with people?

message 24: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Heather wrote: "I was also thinking of making a challenge called around the world in 80 books. Do you think that would be popular with people?"

Ooooo that sounds cool!

message 25: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Teri-lynn wrote: "Heather wrote: "I was also thinking of making a challenge called around the world in 80 books. Do you think that would be popular with people?"

Ooooo that sounds cool!"

Ya I think it would be fun. It will give people a chance to learn about other places around the world while reading a good book of their choice.

message 26: by Fatima (new)

Fatima Souane | 3 comments Great idea!

message 27: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Hey for all of those interested and curious about the reading bingo you can go check it out now. I think I almost have it all organized to start maybe tomorrow!

Link http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 28: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_) I just invited all my friends to this great group.

message 29: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 54 comments I'm going to invite a lot of people

message 30: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Thank you all you're great!!!