UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

An Eternity of Roses (The Valthreans, #1)
This topic is about An Eternity of Roses
Group Challenges > Self-Challenge - Lorraine's 2013 Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lorraine (last edited Jan 01, 2013 05:13AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Right, new year, new challenge !

Actually I'm doing three. First one is the bog standard Goodreads one. I reached my 40 books half way across 2012, however, it sounds like 2013 is going to be a busy year for me, so I won't be increasing the number. Just to set up a limit that will hopefully still be in range.

Second one is a challenge for another forum, all about dangerous heroes and series and romance.

Third one is a continuation of what I started last year. Trying to read books written by writers I've come across both on here and on FB. I've already made a list, which is temporary and might be updated as new releases appear for writers who I started reading last year. I seriously need to catch up on some I was hoping to read last year though. So here is the list:

The Nightcrawler by Mick Ridgewell The Shadowbearer (Aegis of The Gods, #.5) by Terry C. Simpson Sam by Iain Rob Wright Double Bind by Seb Kirby Hosts by Dylan J. Morgan The Eyes of the Dead by G.R. Yeates Born of Blood by S.B. Knight The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. - Do Dragons Dream Of Burning Sheep? (Man From U.N.D.E.A.D., #3) by Darren Humphries The Caretakers by Adrian Chamberlin Beneath the Tor by Kat Yares The Arimathean (Book two in the Slow Boat to Purgatory Series) by Vernon Baker Hell (The Revelation Chronicles) by John Prescott Doors by Jaime Johnesee Thursday Thistle A Fairy Tale by August V. Fahren The Last Queen of England by Steve Robinson Zombies in New York and Other Bloody Jottings by Sam Stone Feeding the Urge by Jeffrey Kosh Cellar Door by P.A. Fenton Endless Summer by Christopher David Petersen Mighty and Strong by Michael Wallace Treespeaker by Katie W. Stewart Something to Live for (Moonlight Dating Series #1) by Natalie G. Owens The Ice Marathon by Rosen Trevithick Fifth Season by David Wailing Magenta Shaman by Lily Childs Master of the Moors by Kealan Patrick Burke Guaranteed Justice by M A Comley Dead Hunger IV: Evolution by Eric Shelman and Zinnman by Robert Craven.

message 2: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Go Lori!!!

message 3: by Kath (new)

Kath | 1965 comments good luck with your challenge hun :)

message 4: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (shaunjeffrey) | 2467 comments Hmm, no Shaun Jeffrey on there, as you've read them all, so I'll have to do something about that ;)

message 5: by Kath (new)

Kath | 1965 comments Shaun wrote: "Hmm, no Shaun Jeffrey on there, as you've read them all, so I'll have to do something about that ;)"

yes please :)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Thanks DD and Kath

Yes, Shaun, less Far Crying and more writing please :) Promise I'll squeeze you in :)

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Good Luck Lorraine xx

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Thanks Emma :)

message 9: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Good luck!!

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Thanks Elle x

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Already adding more lol !

message 12: by Mago (new)

Mago (Mark) | 1750 comments Go Girl!

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Thanks Mago !

message 14: by Mark (new)

Mark Faulkner (markrfaulkner) | 464 comments I should have one for you before we reach halfway through the year. I'm just putting the finishing touches on it now.

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Thanks Mark ! I'll tag it onto the list... Is Bert making a comeback?

message 16: by Mark (new)

Mark Faulkner (markrfaulkner) | 464 comments I'm afraid not. It's something completely different this time.

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments :)

I'm intrigued...

message 18: by Mark (new)

Mark Faulkner (markrfaulkner) | 464 comments Venturing into the realms of fantasy. Although it's still horror. There are no elves, dwarves, dragons, kings or anything like that though.

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Sounds good to me, Mark :)

message 20: by Mark (new)

Mark Faulkner (markrfaulkner) | 464 comments Just noticed you have Cellar Door on your list. I liked that one.

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments There are a few that I've been trying to read since last year, and then I got distracted ! So I'm trying to catch up. I liked Punchline very much. Hopefully I'll like this one too :)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Wheyhey ! I've just attacked my first read ! Feeding the Urge by Jeffrey Kosh

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Oh... Attacking a book is a literal translation from French... maybe you don't attack book in English... Maybe I'm just too violent... Mind you, I think this book will be proper satisfying !

message 24: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0...

I would use the term attacking too, Lorraine. Maybe it does seem violent but you attack a task so why not a book?

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Thanks for the link Elle :) Attack a book it is then :)

message 26: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey Kosh (jeffreykosh) Glad you liked my story. And I feel honored it was your first book of 2013. Thanks.
My Best

message 27: by Lorraine (last edited Feb 17, 2013 04:00PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments :) it was also the 100th book I rated on goodreads too :) got to update the thread with my reviews, but haven't had the chance to copy it on here yet. I go on here, look at the discussions, then I forget ! *smack on the hands*

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Finally ! I've finished a book ! I've read Inescapable (Eternelles, #1) by Natalie G. Owens (which will replace Something to Live For (Moonlight Dating, #1) by Natalie G. Owens for now).

And I've just started The Heist by Shaun Jeffrey !

message 29: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Yay!!! Well done, Lori!!!

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Thanks DD, it's good being back to reading :)

message 31: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (shaunjeffrey) | 2467 comments Lorraine wrote: "And I've just started [bookcover:The Heist|1748..."

Hope you enjoy it :)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments So far so good :)

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11368 comments HOw many are you up to now Lorraine?

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Erm.... 6 books ! I had a long non-reading spell because work and life got in the way, sadly :(

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11368 comments Hopefully you can get through a few now. I've not been reading as much this year either

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments yes, hopefully, I had missed it :)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Slowly but surely, just reviewed Mel's Guaranteed Justice (Lorne Simpkins, #5) by M.A. Comley :) ♥

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Now I'm going to finish An Eternity of Roses (The Valthreans, #1) by Natalie G. Owens

message 39: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie Owens (nataliegowens) | 16 comments Lorraine wrote: "Thanks DD and Kath

Yes, Shaun, less Far Crying and more writing please :) Promise I'll squeeze you in :)"

Just saw this, Lorraine. How are you doing with your challenge?

message 40: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie Owens (nataliegowens) | 16 comments Lorraine wrote: "Finally ! I've finished a book ! I've read Inescapable (Eternelles, #1) by Natalie G. Owens (which will replace Something to Live For (Moonlight Dating, #1) by Natalie G. Owens for now).

And I've just started [bookcover:The Heist|1748..."

Thanks for reading it! :D

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Doing slow Nat, not much chance I'll succeed this year. But nevermind, as long as I still enjoy reading (and I'm certainly enjoying your book) it's all fine :)

message 42: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie Owens (nataliegowens) | 16 comments Lorraine wrote: "Doing slow Nat, not much chance I'll succeed this year. But nevermind, as long as I still enjoy reading (and I'm certainly enjoying your book) it's all fine :)"

Great spirit! It's all about the pleasure :). And thank you for the kind words. x

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments No problem, thanks Nat for popping over xx

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11368 comments Fingers crossed you can catch up and meet your challenge Lorraine.

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Oh I don't know about that Desley, but who knows, there's still 6 months to go :)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Just finished An Eternity of Roses (The Valthreans, #1) by Natalie G. Owens :)

Now, I'm reading a story that's not out just yet...

message 47: by Mark (new)

Mark Faulkner (markrfaulkner) | 464 comments I'm hoping to send you one of those soon too. :)

message 48: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments I can't find an author thread or one for your book so I came here (I'm on my phone so can't search).

YOUR BOOK IS AWESOME!! I just finished it

message 49: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Haha Jud. I was literally just going through the challenge threads to poke everyone ;)

Lorraine! I havent seen you on the group for a long time. I hope that just means you haven't time for us and not that you dont have time to read!

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Blimey didn't know this thread was still up ! Thanks Jud for your comment and Elle for thinking of me. No need to say I failed that challenge and didn't do one this year, but i'm doing a better job at sticking around here than I have lately :)