Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

300 Jokes for Kids
This topic is about 300 Jokes for Kids
Page Numbering Requests > Question about how to number pages

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Miriam (mimi78) | 6 comments Hi, I have a general question about numbering pages for Kindle books. If the book does not give page numbers, but has locations, what should I put for the page numbers on the book? This book does not have a paper edition, and it has 1102 locations. Saying that it has 1102 pages seems a bit ridiculous. Is that what I should do?

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments If a Kindle edition doesn't have page numbers defined (some more recent ones do), just leave the page numbers field blank and use percentages.

message 3: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Dec 28, 2012 04:42PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) If entering book information, leave that field blank unless publisher website shows numbers of pages for the kindle edition. Don't zero or put in kindle locations.

If trying to post reading status, make sure you have kindle edition selected and it should show and let you enter as percentage read (if not, click "page" next to the blank box you would enter page numbers in to change to percent, sometimes mobile apps get finicky).

(If reading status and not sure what edition you have, on home page at right where it lists your "currently reading" click the book thumbnail. Then at right click "other editions" and if was not the kindle edition, next to kindle edition click "switch to this edition.")