YA & TEENS BOOKTALK discussion

Defiance (Defiance, #1)
This topic is about Defiance
BookTalk > Defiance by C.J. Redwine

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sandra  (sandrapierce) | 80 comments Mod
FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T READ IT YET, I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU LEAVE AND COME BACK LATER WHEN YOU READ IT. THERE ARE GONNA BE LOTS OF SPOILERS!!!!

Did you like it, why? How many stars do you think it deserves out of 5? Any way to improve it? Thoughts about the main character?

Abbigail | 15 comments I gave it 4 stars. I thought it was pretty good. If I were to improve it I would make it so the ending was different. Don't ask me how. I have no idea how I, myself, would rewrite it, but I thought it should be different. I did like how Logan was so smart though! And how Rachel was a fighter

Sandra  (sandrapierce) | 80 comments Mod
***SPOILER ALERT!!!****

I gave it 4.5 stars. The ending really sucked, i mean nothing actually got sorted out. I can't believe that the whole city turned to ash. I have to admit, that was pretty cool. And the Cursed One really reminded me of the beast in the movie 'brave' ( which was released recently). I loved how genius Logan was, and i really liked his inventions and the 'best and worst' scenarios. I think that in the second book there might be a possibility of a love triangle between Rachel, Logan and Quienn ( whatever his name is). But i seriously hope not, cause i'm getting tired of those stupid love triangles. I really like how strong Rachel was, and how innocent she looked but on the inside she could easily kill with bare hands if she wanted to. I was SOOO sad when i found out that her farther was actually dead :( I think something might be up with Quien's sister. She seems really strange and suspicious.