The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > An Introduction

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ross (new)

Ross Cavins (rosscavins) | 2 comments Just joined the group and wanted to introduce myself.

I'm a writer under the pen name Ross Cavins. I've written an award-winning indie book and have recently signed an agent for a new book I'll go the traditional route with.

I'm also an editor/publisher and just released Things Go Wrong For Me on Dec 14. It's going well, but as always, it's not selling gangbusters like we all hope for with a new project. You know what I'm talking about ...

I kind of do everything when it comes to books: website development, cover design, book promo editing and voice-over talent, graphic design, bookblock design, ebook conversion, etc.

My degree is computer science, and I've been designing websites and programming since 95. I've always loved to read (got my start on Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew), and in the last few years, I began truly studying up on the craft. Now I hope to split my time between computer-related work and writing.

I'm not here to brag, but rather, to offer any assistance or answer any questions anyone may have. I definitely don't know everything, so I'm also hoping to learn a lot here and connect with some people who have the same goals I do.

For instance, great marketing ideas still elude me; I'm very interested in soaking up all I can about what's worked for you guys and what hasn't. I've still not found the "magic pill."

That's all, and I look forward to participating in discussions here.

Thanks,
Ross Cavins

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10087 comments Mod
Interesting... erm.. introduction Ross. You don't need to sell yourself here. Just join in the discussions...

Welcome to the group.

message 3: by Ross (new)

Ross Cavins (rosscavins) | 2 comments LOL ... sorry ... I've been sell mode for the book. I promise I'm not a douche.

:0