Clean Romances discussion

General Chat > What Is Your 2013 Self Challenge???

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 188 comments So does anyone have any self challenges for 2013???

It can be books, holidays or even the perennial 'this year I WILL be the most toned woman on the beach'!!! Lol!

This is my first year for doing something like this, usually I'm too much of a fraidy cat to put my challenges down in (e) ink!!!

Click on the spoiler link below to see my challenge!!!

(view spoiler)

If I bottle it, I'm deleting this thread and will pretend that none of this ever happened!!!

;-P

message 2: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 209 comments Haha!!
Um... Read lots of books!! :D

message 3: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 188 comments Yay! for Soph!

A VERY worthy challenge!!! ;-P

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 7 comments Im hoping to exercise / walk more in 2013!

My reading goal for 2013 is 35 books.

message 5: by Cindi (last edited Dec 28, 2012 05:12PM) (new)

Cindi My goal is to read 40 books in 2013

message 6: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 188 comments I hope your challenges go well Melissa and Cindi!

message 7: by AlegnaB † (new)

AlegnaB † (alegnab) | 20 comments Read more books than I did this year. I'll probably set my 2013 reading challenge at 120 books. It shouldn't be that hard for me to do since I don't have cable TV, satellite, or even an antenna on the TV, don't play video games, and don't spend much time surfing the web.

Exercise regularly -- at least 40 minutes per session four or more times per week. I've pretty much stuck with that the last quarter of this year (even though I hate to exercise for the sake of exercise), since it makes me feel good in general.

Go hiking, canoeing, kayaking, and biking more. Hubby and I love to do those things, but it still takes an effort to actually get our middle-aged bodies outside and start those activities. We don't have much excuse for not doing those things, because there is an entrance to hiking and biking trails just beyond our back yard. There are boat launches close to our home so we can fairly easily go canoeing and kayaking by taking our boats there, or we can cheaply rent some at various parks not far from our home.

Get my 13yo daughter in the kitchen with me more and teach her to cook more things.

I don't make New Year's resolutions, because I learned decades ago that I always end up breaking them. However, I do usually think about what I'd like to do more of or do better at, so I guess that falls under self challenges.

message 8: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 188 comments Wow Alegnab!!!

That is a big challenge! I wish you well with it! :-)

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 37 comments My goal will proably be 100 books for 2013. That's the easy part. I'll have to think about the rest of what I want/need to do.

message 10: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 188 comments Lisa wrote: "My goal will proably be 100 books for 2013. That's the easy part. I'll have to think about the rest of what I want/need to do."

Nice one, Lisa!

message 11: by Ann (last edited Jan 02, 2013 07:44AM) (new)

Ann Herrick (annh) | 7 comments Read more, write more and remember to rate/review the books I read!

message 12: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Adams (marisa_adams) | 36 comments Graduate, graduate, graduate...before my husband makes me sleep with the puppies!!! (Just kidding, but he would really like me to be finished and stop sending my money elsewhere!!)

Complete at least one novella and one full length. (The novella should come out in February and then it is on two the full length).

And the quintessential...be healthier! Walk, eat better, etc.