Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Just Ask
This topic is about Just Ask
Archive (Buddy Reads) > January M/M Buddy Read: Just Ask

Comments Showing 1-50 of 77 (77 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran | 11194 comments Time for the next M/M buddy read!

Please join us everyone- stop by this thread any time during January and let us know what you thought of Just Ask.

This title was free to read for anyone who has Amazon Prime the last time I checked. It was also a recent freebie so check your Amazon account, you may have picked it up and forgot all about it (happens to me a lot)!

message 2: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 20399 comments I'm in, of course :)

Breann | 0 comments I'm going to read this one too! I have it set for several challenges :)

~Melissa~ | 1964 comments I'm in.

Makenzie (makenziefay) | 496 comments I'm in!! :-)

Angi (AngiR) I'm in...

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 59 comments I finished this a few hours ago, I'm going to lurk

message 8: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran | 11194 comments If you don't have a copy of Just Ask yet, be sure to stop by the giveaway thread and try to win one!

Mia Downing has very generously offered to give away 2 ecopies of Just Ask - so leave a post in her giveaway thread!

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Nikki (nikkit23) | 121 comments I'll be reading this one this month too! I also have it down for a few challenges!! It'll be my first m/m so I'm excited and nervous at the same time! :)

message 10: by Melody (new)

Melody Litzinger | 6 comments I'm in

message 11: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 20399 comments So I'm thinking I might start on this book next. What are everyone else's plans? (Because I could easily delay a few days if we have some more imminent starters :)

message 12: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran | 11194 comments Tomorrow works for me Jane. I can start whenever you want.

Breann | 0 comments I probably won't get to it until next week. But I don't have to read it with everyone else. I think I can catch up just fine. :)

message 14: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran | 11194 comments Definitely Breann, everyone can read at their own pace.

I will put a spoiler tag on any specific comments from the book :)

~Melissa~ | 1964 comments I won't start until this weekend.

message 16: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 20399 comments I hope to start this today or tomorrow (I picked up another book in the meantime). But I also get a Bingo category call tomorrow am, so it'll put a dent in my reading time I suspect. I will have JA started before that, but it may take me some time to finish... :)

Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!) (rissa79) | 41 comments This book was sooooooooo good! You'll love it :)

message 18: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran | 11194 comments I am 70% in and really enjoying it! These two guys are hot! Ad I love the laid-back island setting :)

message 19: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran | 11194 comments I finished this one today. Really good. Ryan is one hot horse-riding, island owning hunk of male! And Jordan is hunky too. These two are very smexy together. They each had their own baggage to deal with, but in this not too angsty story it's a pleasure to read their journey to find happiness.

message 20: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 20399 comments OK - I still haven't started :( I'll make this my next book post my bingo book.

Breann | 0 comments Fran wrote: "I finished this one today. Really good. Ryan is one hot horse-riding, island owning hunk of male! And Jordan is hunky too. These two are very smexy together. They each had their own baggage to deal..."

Hm... I might have to start this sooner than anticipated. Maybe this weekend. Trying to get as many books read this weekend before my winter vacay is over and it'll be back to reality for me!

message 22: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran | 11194 comments There were no great misunderstandings, unnecessary drama or lies- all of which I don't love in my romances. It's steamy, laid-back and they both spend a lot of time on a beautiful island naked ;)

Breann | 0 comments SOLD!

Nikki (nikkit23) | 121 comments Starting this one now! :)

Makenzie (makenziefay) | 496 comments I'm about halfway through, and I'm liking it so far. Definitely has me wishing I were reading beside a waterfall on a tropical island right now.

~Melissa~ | 1964 comments I started this last night in between some other reading I'm doing. So far it is really good. I too would love to be reading this next to a waterfall sounds very peaceful....

message 27: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 21441 comments Fran wrote: "There were no great misunderstandings, unnecessary drama or lies- all of which I don't love in my romances. It's steamy, laid-back and they both spend a lot of time on a beautiful island naked ;)"

Sounds good to me! I should be able to start this one the first of the week!

~Melissa~ | 1964 comments I finished it last night. Couldn't stop reading about them. Really enjoyed it. I have to agree with Fran they were very smexy and it was nice that there was no drama with them dealing with what they had to deal with.

Makenzie (makenziefay) | 496 comments Just finished the book, and my opinion goes along with the others. It was nice to read a sweet, simple story without the crazy unnecessary drama that so often appears. It was just two people trying to deal with life and love.

message 30: by Breann (last edited Jan 06, 2013 01:45PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Breann | 0 comments Aww... well wasn't that just too cute! What a sweet & sexy story. Can I semi-retire to an island?

Becca (ladybeccaboo) | 40 comments I'm in :)

message 32: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 20399 comments OK - I've stuffed up and left my kindle at my parents house :( I won't be able to start this before the middle of the month. Dang!!!

Becca (ladybeccaboo) | 40 comments I am starting this today. Has everyone else already read it?

message 34: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 21441 comments I just finished this morning! Not going to comment from my phone though...

message 35: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 20399 comments I'm just about to start Rebecca :)

Becca (ladybeccaboo) | 40 comments Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't finished it already!

message 37: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 21441 comments I really enjoyed this story! It was sweet and emotional, but not angsty. Loved both Jordan and Ryan and I am so glad I read this book!

Breann | 0 comments And it was free! Even.better.

message 39: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 21441 comments Breann wrote: "And it was free! Even.better."

Absolutely!

Becca (ladybeccaboo) | 40 comments 48% in here. Pretty damn steamy!

Becca (ladybeccaboo) | 40 comments Just finished. I really enjoyed this book. And I agree with what others have already said, it was nice reading sometime that didn't have a misunderstanding and all that drama that so many books had. It was a nice, light read with some STEAMY moments that were fan-freaking-tastic. How'd everyone else like it?

message 42: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 20399 comments Still going :) I'm about halfway...

message 43: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran | 11194 comments Nikki wrote: "Starting this one now! :)"

Nikki,

What did you think? Hope you liked your first m/m and it won't be your last, LOL!

message 44: by Angi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angi (AngiR) Just finished...this was my first m/m and I'm glad I decided to read it. I really enjoyed reading this and will have to agree with everyone else. It does want to make you want to semi-retire to a tropical island.

message 45: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 20399 comments Glad you enjoyed it Angela :)

I've been waylaid on another book for bingo challenge, but I'll back to reading JA today...

message 46: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 20399 comments I've finally finished! 3 stars.

I enjoyed the setting and the plotline but it didn't grab me enough to lift it to 4 stars. Having said that, it's a great book to relax with ;)

message 47: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

~KarenH~ | 7544 comments I'm late to the party, but at least I managed to read the book this month - that's an improvement over the last few months! I liked this book a lot, for the same reasons that have been mentioned above: no major misunderstandings or lying, just a couple of really hot guys dealing with their issues and finding a way to be together in an amazing setting...what's not to love?

Paulina (millypl) | 11 comments It was my first M/M and it was quite a nice one. The book was chilled out, relaxed, the romance was very easy going and the setting really cool. At the same time it wasn't really a story that would get me sucked in and craving for more. Oh And since I didn't read through the whole book description before I started it, I had no clue it would be a male romance :D Quite a surprise there for me, not convinced if I would give it a try otherwise. That said I guess the book for its own genre made a good impression on me and I might take up another M/M in the future :)

message 49: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 20399 comments Great to hear you enjoyed the book, Paulina, and could try MM again. If you are looking for suggestions, all the mods can help along with quite a few other members :)

Just let us know if you need more suggestions!

Breann | 0 comments Any thoughts on next month :) Still planning on Sacred Fate?

« previous 1