! YA Heroines ! discussion

Help & Important Info > Want to create a discussion

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments If you want to make a discussion this is where you ask.

XxXx

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments ok how about we talk about when we read a series do we want the main character to be the same through the whole series just an idea

message 3: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (warpedline) | 214 comments Let's talk about ponies!
Please no.

Wolves! :)

message 4: by G.E. (new)

G.E. Swanson (GESwanson) Elizabeth wrote: "ok how about we talk about when we read a series do we want the main character to be the same through the whole series just an idea"

Do you mean the same as in how they act, or continue to follow the same characters?

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments G.E. wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "ok how about we talk about when we read a series do we want the main character to be the same through the whole series just an idea"

Do you mean the same as in how they act, or c..."

I was talking about following the main characters

message 6: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Elizabeth wrote: "ok how about we talk about when we read a series do we want the main character to be the same through the whole series just an idea"

Ok sure just put it in the Book Stuff Folder.

message 7: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Any ideas on debates?

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments Chelsea wrote: "Any ideas on debates?"
what about which is better Series or single books or do you start a series before the whole thing is written or wait so you can read them all at once give be a bit to think about it and talk to some people and I will come up with some better ones heres one I don't know if its a debate or not but talked about two book being combine together witch books would they be just some Ideas on the spot idk they not be something anyone wants to talk about

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments Chelsea wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "ok how about we talk about when we read a series do we want the main character to be the same through the whole series just an idea"

Ok sure just put it in the Book Stuff Folder."

I have no clue how to start a discussion I thought we just posted Ideas here

message 10: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Ohhh LOL, it's easy just introduce the topic and then you wait for people to reply. It's that simple!

If you want to you can also start the Series V.S. single debate. Just put it in the debates folder.

I seriously had no experience with starting discussions until we actually started !YA Heroines! if that makes you feel any better.

BTW if you really don't want to Jenny or I can do it.

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments feel free to start the topics I was just throwing out ideas things that I thought about while chatting with others I will try to start them but I doubt I will figure it out without someone to walk me through the first time lol (not all that computer techno till I stumble through something)

message 12: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Okay Dokey. I'll also post a thread about how to physically start a discussion then -- for people who don't know.

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments Thank you that would be great sorry to be a pain

message 14: by Elizabeth (last edited Feb 06, 2013 08:21AM) (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments I did it!!!!!!!

message 15: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments YAY! Congrats on your first posts.

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments Chelsea wrote: "YAY! Congrats on your first posts."

Ty

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a Valentine's Day short story coming out on Kindle this week, but I can't make up my mind on the title. Would it be all right if I asked the members' opinions?

message 18: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments we need a general questions page

cause i was wondering if we do a buddy read or something like that i saw it in another group and this is the only group that i pay attention to now and i thought it would be cool to read a like a chapter a day and have some one to talk to about the book

message 19: by Kat (new)

Kat (kaitlins16) I think that would be really cool.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

That would be fun!

message 21: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Loving the suggestions!

message 22: by Kat (new)

Kat (kaitlins16) Maybe there should be a discussion where members tell others about new books being released throughout the year. It would kind of be like a recommendation discussion, but for books we're looking forward to.

message 23: by Kat (new)

Kat (kaitlins16) We should have a Quotes discussion just for the heroes of our favorite books.

message 24: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 1119 comments Yeah I agree with Kaitlin

message 25: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cookiejarprincess) Would it be alright if I posted a mini challenge? I have an idea to do a monthly mini challenge where you read books with titles that start with the letters that spell the month.

message 26: by Kat (new)

Kat (kaitlins16) That would be great. :)

message 27: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Ohhh yes it's completely fine! So you wanna do this starting when?

message 28: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cookiejarprincess) Chelsea wrote: "Ohhh yes it's completely fine! So you wanna do this starting when?"

Since April is almost over I figured I'd start it in May. I'll probably post it the last day of April so people can see it and plan what they want to read for the month.

message 29: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Ohhh yep sounds good :)

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you have to read certain books in this group so confused??????

message 31: by Simmaron (new)

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 1119 comments Nope. You can read any YA book you want. There are no restrictions.

message 32: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Paterson (lottlerose) | 2 comments I know this is kind of random, I wasn't sure which discussion to post this on but It fits into this genre.
I am selling an art piece I painted of Daenerys on Trademe, so any fans of Game of thrones please have a look. As a struggling Uni student I would appreciate the support :)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listi...

message 33: by Aya (new)

Aya Ling | 15 comments Hi,

I've just finished a book titled "Girl With Flying Weapons" (definitely a strong heroine!), and wondered if it's okay to ask for beta readers here? If it's all right, where should I post? Thanks!

message 34: by Jasmina (new)

Jasmina Kallay (JasminaKallay) | 2 comments Hi,

I would like to give away 3 copies of my teen detective ebook Tweet Me Deadly (with a female teen detective heroine) for a R&R, so can I announce it under a new discussion? Or should it go through one of the moderators?

Jasmina

message 35: by Janie (new)

Janie Chodosh | 9 comments If I wanted to suggest my YA to read would this be spam? I don't want to get in trouble, but I do have a female protagonist!