Tempted (House of Night, #6) Tempted discussion

Zoey Redbird - Bad person or Not

Comments Showing 1-50 of 77 (77 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 20, 2013 03:34PM) (new)

Spoilers
So, Zoey was dating Heath (human) and Erik (vampire)at the same time when she had sex with Loren. And then (After Loren died) she kept things going with Heath and Erik and then she started this thing with Stark(a warrior). Ok, that seems like pretty bad behavior. But a high Priestess can have a vamp mate and human consort and a warrior(Zoey is a priestess).
And I think Heath said-in one of the books-that he didn't mind sharing. Since Zoey's actions are deemed acceptable by the fictional vampire society is she really a bad person for treating the boys in her life the way she does? This is a serious question because I am not sure how do feel about her and havn't been since Chosen.

Edit: Whore is too offensive. Do you think Zoey is a bad person?

Megan U JUS ANSERED UR OWN QUSTON! IF IT OK IN VAMPYER WORLD THEN OBVIOSLE SHE IS NO WHORE!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Why do people keep saying this like really it is ok to do it in the vampyre world and I'm pretty sure this isn't based on a true story it is just the way the authors wanted to be, if you don't like complain to them.

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 27, 2012 09:09PM) (new)

Rachelle wrote: "Why do people keep saying this like really it is ok to do it in the vampyre world and I'm pretty sure this isn't based on a true story it is just the way the authors wanted to be, if you don't like..."

I wasn't complaining.As I stated in my question I'm just not so sure if I even like Zoey anymore because of her actions with her boyfriends and I just wanted other people's opinions on the matter.

Paulene I think she's not a WHORE.
Hey, I don't blame her for having so many guys around. She's pretty hot and interesting. If the guys don't mind having to compete for her attention, then let the boys have her. Well, in the case of Loren, it's pretty tragic. I think Loren Blake liked her a little though.

message 6: by Carla (new) - added it

Carla Not a whore, just a normal awesome teenager that has boy problems. Haha. :))

Cindy Alfaro Breanna wrote: "Spoilers
So, Zoey was dating Heath (human) and Erik (vampire)at the same time when she had sex with Loren. And then (After Loren died) she kept things going with Heath and Erik and then she started..."

i understand from where your coming from because i had the same debate with myself to xD. but at the end i was just like whatever as long as she doesn't hurt Stark it's okay.

Mykayla Fontaine You know, I really think that it was kind of cruel for the guys in her life, but poor Zoe had very little control on her emotions at the time, so I can see where she's coming from. I wouldn't say she's a whore, just because it's not in her mental approach to sleep with them all and leave them in the dust. She does actually care about her men.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I think its because she dates so many people but they turn out to be someone their not. Zoe sounded like a person who knows what she wants and every person she dated just wasn't what she wasn't. I wouldn't say she was a whore.

Justine saulnier She's not a whore at all

message 11: by Mika (new) - rated it 1 star

Mika By her own standards yes, which makes her even more annoying. If she judged someone who has had her track record with guys she definitely would have called them a whore.

Megan Paulene wrote: "I think she's not a WHORE.
Hey, I don't blame her for having so many guys around. She's pretty hot and interesting. If the guys don't mind having to compete for her attention, then let the boys hav..."

can u send me a link 2 where u found that video of Z?

Paulene Megan wrote: "Paulene wrote: "I think she's not a WHORE.
Hey, I don't blame her for having so many guys around. She's pretty hot and interesting. If the guys don't mind having to compete for her attention, then ..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCIILR...

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

WHORE- sorry but she has no substance, she's not special, and she's flighty and self-centered.

message 15: by Steph And Dani {A Walk on Words} (last edited Jan 18, 2013 10:26PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Steph And Dani {A Walk on Words} I don't think she's a whore, but I don't exactly think she has the best character ever too. Actually I think she's just a brat. It's why she went through guys so quickly.

Erik, well he was a douche himself
Loren, he just used her too (though he might've had some feelings? He did make her imprint for no reason basically...)
Stark, well I just don't know what he sees in Zoey
and Heath. I actually am in Team Heath, because I think he is the only one who has something substantial to base his love off of. Heath was the one who knew her basically her whole life, carried books around for her, etc. So yeah I really hope (view spoiler)

Ebony ^^^^ Couldn't have put it better myself... But I do think she can be a bit whore-ish sometimes;).. I actually stopped reading this series because her decisions were annoying me so much and I found myself liking her friends more then the main character, I'm now thinking about picking up where I left off to see what happens next... Hmmmm.... Does it get any better? Or will I once again make excuses to not continue reading the book?

Steph And Dani {A Walk on Words} Ebony-Jade wrote: "^^^^ Couldn't have put it better myself... But I do think she can be a bit whore-ish sometimes;).. I actually stopped reading this series because her decisions were annoying me so much and I found ..."

Excuses. I could barely finish book 10, Hidden. 2 stars only for Heath.

message 18: by Stephanie (last edited Mar 02, 2013 11:09PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Stephanie Bolen I'm reading Destined right now, and honestly y'all are driving me crazy with the whore stuff. Teenagers are exploring their sexuality and relationships and all that in high school. If every girl that was called a slut in high school actually turned out to be a whore or whatever later on in life then there would be unemployed hookers. She doesn't actually have sex with anyone until Loren, "sorry spoiler alert". So, she gets turned on by different guys and they are actively pursuing her, so what. Honestly, who hasn't had that happen or wanted that to happen. She gets her head turned that's fine. She gets it straight in later books, and understands that hotness and chemistry doesn't mean a relationship is supposed to happen. As for the whole Consort and Warrior sharing question I think it's very brave for the authors to even pose it. They're trying to establish that Vampyre society and Human society are different and what humans consider the norm isn't the way that "nature" intended the vampires to be. By nature, I mean Nyx the vampyre Goddess who created them. P.C. and her daughter are exploring themes like are the nature of sexuality and monogamy; free will vs. obedience; the nature of Darkness and the nature of Light. They are interesting books. The characters are flawed, and most are fumbling their way through love, sex, darkness and light for the first time. There are going to be mistakes and misunderstandings, but that's what being young is all about. The characters learn from their mistakes and reap the consequences of their actions both good and bad. I think that's a much better lesson to learn than a girl is supposed to be with one boy and only him because anything else and people will call her a slut.

message 19: by Aly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aly Reital Don't y'all know? Heath dies at the end of Burned. Kalona kills him. Sadly.... I miss Heath... Why do all the good guys have to die. I mean Every sweet and nice guy in every book always dies. It's just sad... Who agrees? But, anyways Zoey may of seem like a whore at the begining of the series but she's not.

Lauren I like Zoey but she is a bit of a Whore. However to her it's not just for the sex, she generally likes or loves the guys she goes out with. So I think that redeems her behavior a bit.

cagla tastemur Definely WHORE :(

Shelly Caglatasdemir wrote: "Definely WHORE :("

Whore? What is it that makes her a whore? Please explain how losing your virginity at 17 is being a whore. Please explain how having sex with only 2 people is being a whore.
She was doing what most teenagers do. Trying to find the right guy. Do you think people are suppose to stay in a relationship with the first person they date?
Are you guys all trying to say that you stuck with just one guy through your teenage years?
You guys sound like a bunch of jealous people

message 23: by Paranormal_Madness (last edited Mar 08, 2013 10:06AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Paranormal_Madness Shelly wrote: "Caglatasdemir wrote: "Definely WHORE :("

Whore? What is it that makes her a whore? Please explain how losing your virginity at 17 is being a whore. Please explain how having sex with only 2 people..."

People think she's a whore because she was dating three fucking guys at the same time. That's what makes her a whore. Not that she's had sex with two guys or that she lost her virginity at 17. Zoey's problem is she cheated on Erik with Heath, while cheating on Erik and Heath with Loren. That's why Zoey's a whore. It is not okay to date three guys at the same time without the guys knowing. If it had been an open relationship and the guys had all agreed to it, I wouldn't have cared, but the fact that she felt the need to cheat tells me what kind of girl she is. And she felt little to no remorse for breaking Erik's heart. Zoey is an annoying, manipulative, judgmental brat and there are plenty of people that realize that.

Emily I think shes a whore, and there was no excuse for her sleeping with Loren when she was dating Erik. Erik was annoying but thats not a reason for her to cheat on him. This series used to be one of my favs but now I struggle to read the latest books. They're dull and the characters (especially Zoe) are getting really annoying. I really enjoyed the first 6 books but now I just think the series needs to end.

Shelly Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Caglatasdemir wrote: "Definely WHORE :("

Whore? What is it that makes her a whore? Please explain how losing your virginity at 17 is being a whore. Please explain how having sex wit..."

Lol jealous of a fictional character?

She didn't know which on she wanted to be with, Heath or Erik. Loren was just poor judgement made by a teenager. She is doing exactly what the majority of teenagers do. All of these people calling her a whore and I guarantee the majority of you were exactly like her. You're just trying to make yourselves feel better by calling her a whore. You can deny it all you want, but it won't change anything.

message 26: by Paranormal_Madness (last edited Mar 08, 2013 11:05AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Paranormal_Madness Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Caglatasdemir wrote: "Definely WHORE :("

Whore? What is it that makes her a whore? Please explain how losing your virginity at 17 is being a whore. Please explain h..."

I love how you’re making assumptions about people you clearly don’t know, like me. I am not nor have I ever been jealous of Zoey Redbird. She’s an annoying brat that treats her friends like shit and she cheats on her boyfriends. And if she couldn’t figure out who she wanted to be with, she should have told them about her feelings and she should have asked them for some time alone to figure things out. Instead, she chose to sneak around behind their backs. And she is not doing what the majority of teenagers do. I have never tried to date more than one boy at a time, because I know it wouldn’t be fair to them. I’m a very monogamous person. We’re calling her a whore because she’s a lying, cheating brat, not because we’re trying to make ourselves feel better. So how about you stop pretending you know we’re exactly like her, because we’re not. In fact, I've never met anyone that thought it was okay to string along three guys at the same time, except for you, apparently, since you keep defending her actions.

Shelly Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Caglatasdemir wrote: "Definely WHORE :("

Whore? What is it that makes her a whore? Please explain how losing your virginity at 17 is being a whore. P..."

Keep telling yourself that.
Also, it clearly says in the book that its ok for her to do that. So calling her a whore even though in the world of HoN it's perfectly fine. Makes all of you look like jealous brats.
Do I think it's ok to string 3 guys along? No I don't. Not in real life, but this is a book where it's ok to have more than one man. So why is everyone bringing real life standards into it? Seems like jealousy to me

Paranormal_Madness Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Caglatasdemir wrote: "Definely WHORE :("

Whore? What is it that makes her a whore? Please explain how losing your virginity at 17 is..."

I don’t have a problem with her dating more than one guy. I even clearly said that if it had been an open relationship I wouldn’t have cared. I get that it’s acceptable for her to have more than one guy in her life in this series, but those guys all have to know about one another. Her mate will know about her consort, and they will know about her warrior. That’s the way it works in this series! Zoey went behind their backs and cheated on them, and that is wrong. She doesn’t deserve to have anybody chasing after her like guys do in this series.

And in order for me to be jealous of Zoey and her love life, I would have to actually like her love interests, and I don’t. Heath is a creepy jerk that doesn’t understand boundaries or what the word no means since Zoey tells him no several times and he ignores her. Erik turns out to be a jealous, possessive jerk who doesn’t know which side to fight for. And Stark is possessive, boring, and a flat character overall, and frankly, his devotion to Zoey after knowing her for such a short time was weird.

So, no, I really am not jealous of Zoey and her messed up love life. Keep telling yourself that’s the reason I have a problem with Zoey and her actions. It’s not.

Shelly Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Caglatasdemir wrote: "Definely WHORE :("

Whore? What is it that makes her a whore? Please explain how losing your vir..."

Where in the book does it say they have to know about each other?

Paranormal_Madness Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Caglatasdemir wrote: "Definely WHORE :("

Whore? What is it that makes her a whore? Please explain ho..."

She’ll have an official mate, a consort, and a warrior, and if they’re all sharing the same girl—which is permitted in this series—of course they’re going to know about one another. She’ll have an imprint with her consort, and I believe her mate would be able to taste that in her blood. And her warrior would always be with her in public, so her mate would know about him, too. They would definitely know about each other.

Shelly Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Caglatasdemir wrote: "Definely WHORE :("

Whore? What is it that makes her a whore? Pl..."

Oh I see, so it doesn't say it in the book. You're just making it up to justify your opinion of her being a whore. We can sit here all day arguing over this, but the truth is, you'll keep making up excuses to call her a whore. I mean, it says in the book it's ok for her to do it, but then you make up something about them having to know about it.
Jealousy in its finest

message 32: by Paranormal_Madness (last edited Mar 08, 2013 12:12PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Paranormal_Madness Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Caglatasdemir wrote: "Definely WHORE :("

Whore? What is it that make..."

No, it doesn’t say they have to know about each other, but she still fucking cheated! Or do you just not understand that? She cheated on Erik, and she cheated on Heath, and I bet in the next book, she’ll cheat on Stark with Aurox. This isn’t about how many guys she’s been with—I don’t care if she slept with ten guys, it wouldn’t make her a whore. Cheating is what makes her a whore, and nothing you can say will change my mind about that. Cheating is not okay, no matter what fictional world it takes place in.

And I am not jealous of a fictional character! If I was going to be jealous of a fictional character, it would be a strong, intelligent character that didn’t trreat her friends like shit and didn’t cheat on her boyfriends. So you can stop pretending like simple jealously is the reason I hate this character. I could list a hundred other reasons I hate her and these books, and they have nothing to do with her boyfriend problems.

But you’re right. We can sit here all day arguing over this, but you’ll just find some way to defend a fictional character, and I’ll continue arguing. Clearly neither of us is going to change our opinions.

Shelly Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Caglatasdemir wrote: "Definely WHORE :("

Whore? What ..."

It's not fucking cheating if it's ok for her to do it. What the fuck don't you get? If the book says it's ok for her to do it, then it's ok for her to do it.
I'm not defending a fictional character, i'm trying to point out that it's not cheating because in the books, she's allowed to.

Do you have some sort of mental disability? Can you not comprehend that it's not cheating?

Paranormal_Madness Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Caglatasdemir wrote: "Definely WHORE ..."

Where the fuck does it say she’s allowed to sneak around behind her boyfriend’s back and see another guy? Where the fuck does it say she’s allowed to screw her teacher while her boyfriend is celebrating his Change with their friends? Nowhere! And no you stupid bitch, I don’t have a mental disability so don’t you dare suggest that. I can completely comprehend this story. And it is fucking cheating!

Shelly Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Caglatasdemir wrote: "..."

You are a stupid fuck aren't you? It says she can have 3 so it's not cheating. It's part of their fucking culture to have 3 so she doesn't have to tell anyone about it. Drinking blood is wrong but I don't see you complaining about that. Oh yeah that's right, it's part of the story, they're vampires, their suppose to drink blood. Hmmm if only having multiple partners was something they're expected to do. Oh wait, it is!!

Your stupidity is making me laugh, thanks I needed that.

Paranormal_Madness Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Cagla..."

Let me ask you this. If cheating is allowed, why did she feel the need to sneak around and hide her relationships from her friends? The fact that she didn't tell anyone, including the guys she was dating, makes it cheating to me.

And no, I'm actually quite intelligent. You're just ignorant.

Shelly Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shell..."

Actually no, you're not intelligent. If you were, you would understand that it's part of their culture and perfectly fine for her to do it. Instead you bring real life standards into it and say it's wrong no matter what. That is not intelligence. So it seems that you are the ignorant one.

Hey guys, even though the book says it ok, i'm going to say it's wrong because i'm actually intelligent..LOL
If you're intelligent than I seriously hope i'm not

message 38: by Paranormal_Madness (last edited Mar 08, 2013 12:57PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Paranormal_Madness Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Saman..."

Hahaha, I love how you didn’t answer my question so I’ll go ahead and do it for you. She kept quiet about her multiple boyfriends because she knew she was cheating on them and that people wouldn’t sympathize with her. That makes it cheating, and I think I just proved my point using stuff from the series.

And yes, I am intelligent. Although, I do think my IQ might have dropped a few points after being trapped in Zoey’s horrible inner thoughts for the duration of this series…

Shelly Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shell..."

Hahaha I love how you make yourself look stupid.
It does not matter what she thinks or feels. It does not matter what you think or feel. It is part of their culture and is perfectly fine for them to have more than one guy. So it is not considered cheating. Maybe if you used more stuff from the series you would understand that. You seem to only use parts of the story that makes your statement valid while leaving out the parts that make invalid.

I'm sorry that your IQ dropped a few points, but I didn't know it went into the negatives.

Paranormal_Madness Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Saman..."

This is kind of fun. I’m not making myself look stupid; you’re making yourself look ignorant. It doesn’t matter if Zoey thinks she’s cheating on her boyfriends because the book says it’s allowed? So even though Zoey thinks she’s cheating on her boyfriends, she’s really not, just because the book doesn’t have a problem with it? Wow.

What part of that don't you understand? Seriously, if you can't understand that, then your IQ is less than I thought.

So again, it seems that you are the ignorant one.

And again, no answer. Zoey thinks she's cheating on Erik, she thinks she doesn't deserve him because of it, and she feels guilty about it, yet it's not cheating? How does that make any sense?

OMG it's like talking to a child. She might feel like it's cheating but in their society it is not. How can you not understand that?

Oh, the feeling is mutual. I definitely feel like I'm talking to a child, too. I understand that in their society it is acceptable to have a warrior, a mate, and a consort, but what Zoey did was cheating. She even thinks it's cheating, too. She snuck around behind Erik's back to see Heath, and she snuck around behind both of their backs to see Loren. The only thing I don't understand is how if the main character sees it as cheating, you don't.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I was reading this article on how in certain countries girls are married off to 40 year old men when the girl is only 5-10 years old. And woman in some countries, and even in America until recenlty-though not as much, wait on the husband hand and foot and are allowed to have no lives. But that is their culture- an accepted part of their society.
But who freaking cares? Just because there are no laws against it and a large part of a society does something, does that make it morally right? No!
I've come to realize, that it doesn't matter what the vampire culture says is right and wrong. The fact is that Zoey's actions hurt her boyfriends. And I agree with Samantha. Having sex doesn't make someone a bad person, but hurting them does. And Zoey hurt Heath and Erik by being unfaithful.

Wow you're so fucking stupid it's just ridiculous.
You understand that its acceptable but you still call it cheating? Ummm ok? That makes sense.

So if a gay person feels like a piece of shit for being gay, he must be a piece of shit then. If a woman that gets beat by her man feels like she deserves it, then she obviously does. Right? This is what you're saying? If this is the way they see things then it must be true right?

So what I don't understand, is how YOU can't understand that it doesn't matter how she feels about it. It's acceptable in their society, therefore it's not cheating. Or are you saying that the women that say they deserve to be beat, should be beat because they think they deserve it? No? You don't think women should be beat? Why not? They think they should so it must be the right thing to do

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shell..."
Wow, look at how long this has been going on.
I have to take Samantha's side on this one. Zoey is a lying, cheating, whining, spoiled, Mary Sue brat. So, yes: a WHORE!

Shelly Hello wrote: "I was reading this article on how in certain countries girls are married off to 40 year old men when the girl is only 5-10 years old. And woman in some countries, and even in America until recenlty..."

Stop bringing real life into fictional books.

Shelly Brooke wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Shelly wrote: "Saman..."

Wow look at this, another moron.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Shelly wrote: "Hello wrote: "I was reading this article on how in certain countries girls are married off to 40 year old men when the girl is only 5-10 years old. And woman in some countries, and even in America..."
Geez, Shelly, what DO you see in Zoey? I'd love to know!

« previous 1