Curvy Girls Rock! discussion

Member Topics > Got Curves? What New Curvy Are You Working On Or Reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 114 (114 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Pauline (new)

Pauline Allan (paulineallan) | 547 comments Mod
I currently have a book titled Surrendering Lily that's in editing with Loose Id. It's a BDSM/Domestic Discipline story about a full-figured heroine who has a teacher seeking to find her a new Dominant. She's shy and curious, but full of spirit and passion. I've started, 3 days ago, on another book titled Worth the Wait. I'm really excited about this one! Spunky curvy brunette is going to be knocked off her fuzzy socks by a ruthless business mogel. She doesn't like him and he, for the love of god, can't figure out why she has to wear so many colorful skirts! It's a match made in romantic chaos heaven. Just finished reading Marty and looking forward to starting Alex's story. So...what have ya'll got in the works?

message 2: by Francesca (new)

Francesca Hawley (FrancescaHawley) | 8 comments Hi. I just joined the group and write erotic romance featuring plus-size heroines and the heroes that love them. :-) My most recent release is a shapeshifter story called Leader of the Pack which released December 21. My current WIP is a follow-up shapeshifter story called Freeze Frame. Nico is a photographer that Cyn hires to shoot the catalog for her clothing line.

message 3: by Pauline (new)

That sounds exciting! I love shifter stories!! Can you post the cover link so I can check it out??

message 4: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) My latest is Patience from Sunburn by Rosanna Leo She is a travel blogger who ends up face to face with Greek god Apollo in sunny Mexico!

message 5: by Zrinka (new)

Zrinka Jelic (hadesmaca) | 1 comments In my wip, my heroine is thrown into an "alternate" life and finds herself twenty pounds heavier. But her with the help of her "husband" (she's single in her "other" life) she learns to carry her extra weight proudly.

message 6: by Francesca (last edited Jan 01, 2013 03:13PM) (new)

Francesca Hawley (FrancescaHawley) | 8 comments Pauline wrote: "That sounds exciting! I love shifter stories!! Can you post the cover link so I can check it out??"

Leader of the Pack Leader of the Pack by Francesca Hawley

message 7: by Pauline (new)

Francesca wrote: "Pauline wrote: "That sounds exciting! I love shifter stories!! Can you post the cover link so I can check it out??"

Leader of the PackLeader of the Pack by Francesca Hawley"

That's one hot cover! I'll add it to my curvy heroine listopia. I can't wait to read it. I'm a sucker for a delicious shifter.

message 8: by Francesca (new)

Francesca Hawley (FrancescaHawley) | 8 comments The cover gods were VERY good to me. Grin!

message 9: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) I'm reading The Monster of Fame by Aimée Duffy . It's mentioned often that the singer heroine is curvy, and taking part in an American Idol-type competition against rail-thin women. It's a fun, sexy read.

message 10: by Pauline (new)

Rosanna wrote: "I'm reading The Monster of Fame by Aimée Duffy. It's mentioned often that the singer heroine is curvy, and taking part in an American Idol-type competition against rail-thin women. It's a fun..."

That sounds like fun! I'll have to check that one out.

message 11: by Hilda (new)

Hilda (babs1ha) | 21 comments Is there a way where this group can create a list of books with curvy chicas. And next to the book- list it what kinds it it. Romance,erotica,historical..etc . Just an idea? Let me know. :)

message 12: by Pauline (new)

Hi Hilda! I have created a listopia called Sexy Curves. I have many titles over there. I'll see if I can create sub categories for them. My goodreads title list for my reads is broken down into categories and I have a category for curves! I hope that helps. :)

message 13: by Hilda (new)

Hilda (babs1ha) | 21 comments Hi Pauline! Yes it does help me. I was just thinking for the new member who join the group and are looking for suggestions. That's all. Thanks for all your help.
:)

message 14: by Pauline (new)

I'm making a bookshelf list now. That way members can easily find great books! Also, please feel free to make any suggestions on titles that might be of interest!!

message 15: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) Pauline wrote: "Rosanna wrote: "I'm reading The Monster of Fame by Aimée Duffy. It's mentioned often that the singer heroine is curvy, and taking part in an American Idol-type competition against rail-thin w..."

I ended up really enjoying it, Pauline. I enjoyed the author's writing style a lot, and it was edited well.

message 16: by Pauline (new)

Rosanna wrote: "Pauline wrote: "Rosanna wrote: "I'm reading The Monster of Fame by Aimée Duffy. It's mentioned often that the singer heroine is curvy, and taking part in an American Idol-type competition aga..."

I added it to the bookshelf!!

message 17: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) Pauline wrote: "Rosanna wrote: "Pauline wrote: "Rosanna wrote: "I'm reading The Monster of Fame by Aimée Duffy. It's mentioned often that the singer heroine is curvy, and taking part in an American Idol-type..."

Awesome- can I invite the author to join our group, Pauline?

message 18: by Pauline (new)

Well heck yeah! The more the merrier! Share anymore books she's written. If you like her voice I'd love to hear from her on her technique and inspiration.

message 19: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) Pauline wrote: "Well heck yeah! The more the merrier! Share anymore books she's written. If you like her voice I'd love to hear from her on her technique and inspiration."

Thanks Pauline- I'll reach out to Aimee. I haven't read her others, but if you don't mind, I can extend an invite to some of our other curvy-girl-lovin' author pals.

message 20: by Pauline (new)

Rosanna wrote: "Pauline wrote: "Well heck yeah! The more the merrier! Share anymore books she's written. If you like her voice I'd love to hear from her on her technique and inspiration."

Thanks Pauline- I'll rea..."

Squee!! I'm so excited to have other curvy writers to share support. That's a great idea!

message 21: by Robin (new)

Robin Danner (RobinDanner) | 11 comments Hi! I'm a new member. (Rosanna Leo pointed me in this direction.) As a rubenesque lady myself, I love to write heroines who aren't stick thin. I actually wrote a plus size model RomCom a few years back under my Christy Gissendander persona. As Robin Danner, I'm gearing up to do a historical with a plumpier heroine. There's just not enough of those in historicals! I look forward to reading more about ya'll's upcoming works as well!

message 22: by Hilda (new)

Hilda (babs1ha) | 21 comments Exciting!!!!

message 23: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) Robin wrote: "Hi! I'm a new member. (Rosanna Leo pointed me in this direction.) As a rubenesque lady myself, I love to write heroines who aren't stick thin. I actually wrote a plus size model RomCom a few years ..."

Welcome Robin!! So glad you're here!

message 24: by Pauline (new)

Rosanna wrote: "Robin wrote: "Hi! I'm a new member. (Rosanna Leo pointed me in this direction.) As a rubenesque lady myself, I love to write heroines who aren't stick thin. I actually wrote a plus size model RomCo..."

Hi Robin!! *waves* I'm glad you joined us. Can we see a cover/covers of your books so we can add them to our must read list?

message 25: by Robin (new)

Robin Danner (RobinDanner) | 11 comments I see ya'll have covers in your comments...how do you do that? (I don't know html. Help!)But several of my characters are curvy, but the one where the heroine's size is mentioned the most is Overnight Sensation. I'll include a link to my site since I don't know how to include the pic here. The book is listed here at Goodreads though.

http://christygissendaner.webs.com/books

The one I'm gearing up to write soon will be the fifth book in my Princes series. I'll be sure to let ya'll know when I get it ready!

message 26: by Pauline (new)

Robin wrote: "I see ya'll have covers in your comments...how do you do that? (I don't know html. Help!)But several of my characters are curvy, but the one where the heroine's size is mentioned the most is Overni..."

That sounds great Robin! Princes series...I'm a bit of a princess myself so I'm excited to see where those books take me! :)

message 27: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) Robin wrote: "I see ya'll have covers in your comments...how do you do that? (I don't know html. Help!)But several of my characters are curvy, but the one where the heroine's size is mentioned the most is Overni..."

Robin, when you reply, you'll see a golden field above the reply box that says "add book/cover." Click that and use the cover option. Follow the prompts to add your book and voila!

message 28: by Robin (new)

Robin Danner (RobinDanner) | 11 comments Well hot damn! It worked! I was just doing a comment and that option wasn't available that way.

Overnight Sensation by Christy Gissendaner

There I "is"...Thanks, Rosanna!

message 29: by Pauline (new)

Robin wrote: "Well hot damn! It worked! I was just doing a comment and that option wasn't available that way.

There I "is"...Thanks, Rosanna!"

Oh my gosh Robin that cover is gorgeous!

message 30: by Aimee (new)

Aimee | 9 comments Rosanna wrote: "I'm reading The Monster of Fame by Aimée Duffy. It's mentioned often that the singer heroine is curvy, and taking part in an American Idol-type competition against rail-thin women. It's a fun..."

Yup, Anna has curves! Thanks for mentioning it Rosanna! :o)

message 31: by Aimee (new)

Aimee | 9 comments Pauline wrote: "Well heck yeah! The more the merrier! Share anymore books she's written. If you like her voice I'd love to hear from her on her technique and inspiration."

Thanks for the invite girls! My other book, Isle of Sensuality out January, doesn't have a curvy heroine, but the next book in The Price of Fame Series does :o)

message 32: by Pauline (new)

Aimée wrote: "Pauline wrote: "Well heck yeah! The more the merrier! Share anymore books she's written. If you like her voice I'd love to hear from her on her technique and inspiration."

Thanks for the invite gi..."

Aimee, welcome! Congrats on the new releases. :)

message 33: by Robin (new)

Robin Danner (RobinDanner) | 11 comments Thanks, Pauline! I loved that my gal was actually chunkier.

message 34: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) Pauline wrote: "Robin wrote: "Well hot damn! It worked! I was just doing a comment and that option wasn't available that way.

There I "is"...Thanks, Rosanna!"

Oh my gosh ..."

Isn't it??

message 35: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) Aimée wrote: "Pauline wrote: "Well heck yeah! The more the merrier! Share anymore books she's written. If you like her voice I'd love to hear from her on her technique and inspiration."

Thanks for the invite gi..."

Welcome Aimee!!

message 36: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) Aimée wrote: "Rosanna wrote: "I'm reading The Monster of Fame by Aimée Duffy. It's mentioned often that the singer heroine is curvy, and taking part in an American Idol-type competition against rail-thin w..."

My pleasure- loved Anna and Miles!

message 37: by Aimee (new)

Aimee | 9 comments Rosanna wrote: "Aimée wrote: "Rosanna wrote: "I'm reading The Monster of Fame by Aimée Duffy. It's mentioned often that the singer heroine is curvy, and taking part in an American Idol-type competition again..."
Thanks chick. LOVED The Selkie

The Selkieand your voice. I'm going to have to make my way through your backlist ;)

message 38: by Aimee (new)

Aimee | 9 comments Pauline wrote: "I currently have a book titled Surrendering Lily that's in editing with Loose Id. It's a BDSM/Domestic Discipline story about a full-figured heroine who has a teacher seeking to find her a new Domi..."
Ooo, goikng to have to check out Surrendering Lily. LOVE BDSM. :)

message 39: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) You all MUST read our fearless leader Pauline's See Me by Pauline Allan
Seriously, there is a scene with strawberries that I still think about when I need a little somethin/somethin to get me going!

message 40: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) Aimée wrote: "Rosanna wrote: "Aimée wrote: "Rosanna wrote: "I'm reading The Monster of Fame by Aimée Duffy. It's mentioned often that the singer heroine is curvy, and taking part in an American Idol-type c..."

Thank you Aimee. I feel the same way about your work too! :)

message 41: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Richards (lynnrichards) | 38 comments Hello,

Just wanted to say hello and thank you to Pauline - we need more discussion groups - curvy heroines have been ignored for too many years. Its wonderful that the success of some indies and small presses have allowed our heroines to find love...

I haven't read many of you - put plan to as soon as I can, I have read Francesa's Protect and Defend - one of the first books when I started reading e-books and thought why aren't there more out ther like that.

So was born Lynn Richards. My best friend and I write erotic stories about curvy women and plan to write a lot more - we're starting a wolfie series - first one due out last January/first of FEbruay - fingers crossed.

Just wanted to say hi and thank you again

message 42: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) Lynn wrote: "Hello,

Just wanted to say hello and thank you to Pauline - we need more discussion groups - curvy heroines have been ignored for too many years. Its wonderful that the success of some indies and s..."

Hello Lynn! Can't wait to add you to my TBR list!

message 43: by Robin (new)

Robin Danner (RobinDanner) | 11 comments I'm reading Male Review by Lillian Grant. Male Review (Reigning Men, #2) by Lillian Grant The heroine has self-esteem issues about her body. She's very short, but a bit too much around the middle. She's very much a realistic character. The sex is blazing hot and the humor has me rolling. This is is the 2nd book in a trilogy, but I'm finding book 2 to be my favorite so far!

message 44: by Pauline (new)

I've checked out that title an always wondered about it! I'll download it.

message 45: by Robin (new)

Robin Danner (RobinDanner) | 11 comments I'm only about a 100 pages in, Pauline, but I'm loving it so far. Lillian is one of the Love, Lust, and Laptop gals..the creator in fact, I believe. I've been on tenterhooks to read the 3rd book because Michael (the stripper) is one of my favorites!

message 46: by Hilda (new)

Hilda (babs1ha) | 21 comments Hello ladies. Added new books to the bookshelf. I'm trying to created the biggest bookshelf out there for curvy ladies. There is a lot out there but it kinda hard to find them especially if they have more than 100 pages. Lol I have some on my personal bookshelf if u want to look. I haven't place some of them caused I haven't read them or I wasn't able to confirm them. Also trying to update bookshelf on the other group but I need to be on my PC . Enjoy and stay warm. Oh yeah if u live in he Midwest, be careful out there in the snowstorm

message 47: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) Lynn wrote: "Hello,

Just wanted to say hello and thank you to Pauline - we need more discussion groups - curvy heroines have been ignored for too many years. Its wonderful that the success of some indies and s..."

Welcome, Lynn! So nice to meet you!

message 48: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) Hilda wrote: "Hello ladies. Added new books to the bookshelf. I'm trying to created the biggest bookshelf out there for curvy ladies. There is a lot out there but it kinda hard to find them especially if they ha..."

Will check it out, thanks Hilda!

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Rosanna wrote: "You all MUST read our fearless leader Pauline's See Me by Pauline Allan
Seriously, there is a scene with strawberries that I still think about when I need a little somethin/somethin to get me g..."

yes so sexy that scene I just fell in love w this book..

message 50: by Pauline (new)

Georgette wrote: "I recently read The Curvy Sister by Jordan Bell and really enjoyed it - her writing is excellent. Her descriptions are vivid and poetic. Her heroine is strong and likable.

I'm currently working o..."

Georgette, I can't wait to read about some sexy paranormals. Are we talking vamps, shifters, ghosts...don't leave us hangin' here. ;)

« previous 1 3