Choices (The Flesh Cartel #3) Choices discussion

Chat with the authors!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heidi (new) - added it

Heidi Belleau You know the drill, readers.

Monique *waves hand* I know the drill... the sick fucks torture Mat and Dougie and you and Rachel torture us!!! OMG... I really don't think my nerves and heart can take much more!

message 3: by SYL (new) - rated it 4 stars

SYL Whoo wheee this one was BRUTAL on Mat. I'm still a tiny bit annoyed with Dougie (surely Mat is going to come and save me, right?...grrrr...*ducks from Monique*). But, he started to redeem himself towards the end. No fooling Nikolai though.

Nikolai...geezus he's a mastermind genius. One of the most brilliant bad guys in books today!

message 4: by Heidi (new) - added it

Heidi Belleau Monique's Musings wrote: "*waves hand* I know the drill... the sick fucks torture Mat and Dougie and you and Rachel torture us!!! OMG... I really don't think my nerves and heart can take much more!"

well um, um... sorry?

(I'm so not sorry)

Susan wrote: "Whoo wheee this one was BRUTAL on Mat. I'm still a tiny bit annoyed with Dougie (surely Mat is going to come and save me, right?...grrrr...*ducks from Monique*). But, he started to redeem himself t..."

Well thank you so much! I'm excited to develop him more in S3 (which we should be writing soon). I think this season people will hate Mat and Dougie alternately. They both have their moments of weakness and strength, selfishness and selflessness.

Monique What can I say Susan? It is my Motherly instincts prevailing I just want to protect him, wrap him in my arms and tell him everything will be OK!! Actually... before that... I was the Kid that brought home all the waifs and strays! I guess I am just a big softy... I even see a glimmer of hope for Mr Petrovic, even if I want to chop off his meat and two veg right now!!!

Was that a slight glimpse of compassion we saw from Nikolai Heidi or are you just teasing us again!?!

message 6: by Heidi (new) - added it

Heidi Belleau Monique's Musings wrote: "What can I say Susan? It is my Motherly instincts prevailing I just want to protect him, wrap him in my arms and tell him everything will be OK!! Actually... before that... I was the Kid that bro..."

In Nikolai's mind, he's only cruel to be kind.

message 7: by Riptide Publishing (last edited Dec 27, 2012 07:13PM) (new) - added it

Riptide Publishing LOL, just like how in Nikolai's mind, he's not a rapist :-p

He's a twisted fuck for sure, but he's not... IDK, not evil, maybe? I actually feel a little bit sorry for him. (view spoiler)

ETA: Grr, this is Rachel. Keep forgetting to switch accounts.

message 8: by SYL (new) - rated it 4 stars

SYL At the end of episode 2, I had the feeling Nikolai was attracted to, maybe even wanted Dougie. I almost would have guessed that he would have fallen for Dougie later down the road.

In #3, I got less of that sense. Yes, he was aroused but, he seemed less sympathetic.

Yes? No?

message 9: by Heidi (new) - added it

Heidi Belleau I think at first Nikolai finds Dougie to be an inconvenience and a burden, but he isn't able to resist for long.

Monique Riptide Publishing wrote: "LOL, just like how in Nikolai's mind, he's not a rapist :-p

He's a twisted fuck for sure, but he's not... IDK, not evil, maybe? I actually feel a little bit sorry for him. [spoilers removed]

ETA..."

Ha... Nikolai is not a rapist? he will never force them to do anything?... but there are always those damned consequences!!!

And buying back the slaves that have outgrown their Masters... there must be compassion in there somewhere, I feel it when he is with Dougie... But the SOB goes and kills it when he is with Mat!!! could Dougie be his Achilles heel? Mmm...

Also... I have had so many people ask me how long the series will continue... Do you have any Idea yet?

Riptide Publishing Sadly, Nikolai can't afford compassion with Mat. He'd show him some if he thought it wouldn't hurt Mat's progress. There's definitely compassion with Dougie. He IS a monster, but he doesn't see himself as one at all.

I think there'll be four seasons. Poooooossibly five. Seasons 3 and 4 will both probably be 4 to 5 episodes apiece, so I expect we'll go at least 14 total episodes, maybe more.

(Yeah, still Rachel on the wrong account :-p)

Jo * Smut-Dickted * OK so when is this going to be available if we pre ordered? It is not showing up yet in my account and I thought the release date was early Jan?

message 13: by Heidi (new) - added it

Heidi Belleau January 5th at midnight, I believe!

Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog I'm dying to find out if there will be more development with the impending cluster fuck that is Nikolai and Dougie's mind games?

It seems (view spoiler)

No, don't tell me, I just had to say that I find this one of the most interesting twisty bits yet.

It's weird that I want to thank you ladies for taking me on this ride; this dementia magnific! Who knew I wanted to get this bent? I'm still trying to figure out what that says about me.

O_o

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 26, 2013 01:03PM) (new)

I finished them all now so I have to wait for the next book. I loved the third book the best and I am looking forward to the next. I sure wish you would write another book for the Power Play Series. I loved the characters.