Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Imprint or Series

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Dec 27, 2012 08:16AM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) I vote imprint. If it were a series, it's missing a few thousand other Frommer's guides. And if series then there should be series made for all the Michelin, Zagat and Dummies guides.

If there is anything special about these particular <50 Frommer's editions that puts just them into a series, that can be noted in the edition field (I actually didn't see what they had in common other than Frommer's, not even a series trying to group all the 2012 editions together or anything.)

Might be helpful to denote the year guidebook is for in title, if shown on bookcover, or in the edition field.

message 3: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Dec 27, 2012 08:27AM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Maybe the series creator had a reason for selecting just these Frommer's books to make into a series? Kinda odd since most have publisher's name set as Frommer's and the manual says we don't make series from publisher names like Harlequin.

message 4: by Krystal109 (new)

Krystal109 | 1086 comments I'm pretty sure it's an imprint too. There was another guide book series that was deleted because it was an imprint. Gonna wait for a GR super to make the decision though.

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) I have no problem with Frommer's being in the book title even though the publisher. Just don't think should be series.

message 7: by Deon (last edited Dec 27, 2012 09:35AM) (new)

Deon (deonva) | 3390 comments I actually made the series, with the intention to deleted. I find it easier to combine works, etc.
I deleted them to avoid any confusion regarding imprint/series.

message 8: by Krystal109 (new)

Krystal109 | 1086 comments Okay that makes sense then.