Beyond Reality discussion

Members' Lounge > Glossy Books that cannot be barcode scanned

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Edward (new)

Edward (eddieee) | 9 comments While I'm not sure what you're referring to with the barcode scanning thing... if you don't find a book on GoodReads by title or ISBN it might not exist on GoodReads yet. Not to worry: any GoodReads member can manually add books:

On all of your book shelves you'll find, at the top, a link "add books" which directs you to the search page, on the search page will be a link "manually add books" (you'll only need title and author to add a book, more info is of course preferable).

message 2: by Edward (new)

Edward (eddieee) | 9 comments Don't have that :-) Must be something you get when signing in from a phone or other portable device.

message 3: by Candiss (new)

Candiss (tantara) | 1207 comments Hi Samantha-Jayne,

You may get a much more robust response over in the Goodreads Feedback group, which is the official group run by GR staff for posting questions, etc. They have a whole section on their homepage just for the apps. (You do have to sign up for the group to post, but you can always use the group search box or scan and read through topics - without becoming a group member - to see if your issue is covered.)

Here they are: http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1...

I'm a bit of a Luddite in that I don't and most likely won't ever use mobile apps for this sort of thing, so I'm afraid I can be of no more immediately practical help. Good luck!