Amazon Kindle discussion

Device Related > progress not syncing between kindle and android app

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maxine (new)

Maxine (maxine_peters) | 31 comments i have a kindle touch (up to date ) and have just installed a kindle app for my samsung galaxy s3.
loaded up a book into the app that i am reading on my touch and it wont sync!

i have spent most of my afternoon trying everything. i have devoured amazon. searched google . zilch!

does anyone on here have any ideas?

am i doing it wrong?

maxine

message 2: by Shaina (new)

Shaina (shainaeg) I have a paperwhite, a fire, a Galaxy S3, an iPod touch, and a basic kindle all on my account and 95% of the time they sync seamlessly (pre paperwhite I had a touch, a kindle keyboard (3), and a kindle 2). I would make sure that syncing is turned on and make sure that when you turn your kindle off you do it when you have wifi (or 3G or 4G on your phone). Also, close the kindle app on your phone or other device. It seems like the syncing only happens when you turn off the device or close the app. It may also sync when you close a book but I'm not sure about that.

message 3: by Maxine (new)

Maxine (maxine_peters) | 31 comments i have never turned my kindle off! i have closed the app. it is an amazon app. both are registered correctly and show up in my device list on amazon. i will try turning off my kindle and see if it syncs on my phone and vice versa.

message 4: by Maxine (new)

Maxine (maxine_peters) | 31 comments still did not work. i have my wifi on. whispersync on in my account. both are regustered correctly. ... i cant think of anything else i could be doing wrong. looks like kindle comes with me everywhere i go.