The Untouchable The Untouchable discussion

Anyone reading The Untouchable?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D (new) - rated it 4 stars

D Sarkar Anyone to discuss Banville's spy novel?

message 2: by Ex (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ex Libris Banville has written much better books. The Sea, the Book of Evidence, or The Infinities is what I recommend before making this book the first to read by him.

message 3: by D (new) - rated it 4 stars

D Sarkar I don't thin it i necessary to read the other ones before. I have read the other ones and can't say they are necessarily better.

Cuilin Sheridan This is probably my favorite Banville novel.

message 5: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary I really like John Banville's writing and think the Untouchable is very good. I couldn't rate Banville's books against each other as I like them all, including the Quirke ones, for different reasons. I think the Untouchable is not as accessible as the Sea or Ancient Light and maybe that's partly because (I think) its narrator/central character would be 'stranger' to most of us than the narrator in the Sea for example. What is it you like about The Untouchable D?

message 6: by D (new) - rated it 4 stars

D Sarkar I think it is the way Banville constructs the novel. And it is probably one of the few Banville novels where a plot is evident, not that I believe that there has to be one. The sea and Ancient Light are brilliant. But untouchable does capture the time and the mind and Banville does a fantastic job in doing that.

Victoria N Alexander There are some really great writing moments in The Untouchable.