Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Blood Tide (Shadow Sisters, #1)
This topic is about Blood Tide
Book Issues > Won't allow me to edit my book

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krystal109 (last edited Dec 26, 2012 05:13PM) (new)

Krystal109 | 1086 comments We never delete old covers. If a book is published with a cover it is never deleted. If you create a new cover for a book then an alternate cover edition can be created for that book and combined with the old cover edition.

message 2: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments I notice this edition has had four different cover (and 1 tweaked version).
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15...

I've reverted it to the oldest cover for now but which is the correct version?

message 3: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments The one with the black background had been there since July. Was that one, or the other ones, ever used?

I notice you have put the newest cover back.

message 4: by Banjomike (last edited Dec 26, 2012 05:53PM) (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments One of the 'other' covers seems to have been used in a Goodreads Giveaway which would presumably have been a paperback.

We don't delete old covers. Ever.

What we do is create alternate cover editions. Basically you can create a new book with all the same info as the original version but without the ISBN/ASIN/etc. That way all the readers on Goodreads can have THEIR edition of your book on their shelf. It also adds to your stats by giving you more editions of your work to point at. You can pick whichever edition you want to the default/primary edition which shows up when someone goes to the books page.

EDIT: I rolled the cover back to the original which would have been the cover that the shelvers saw when they shelved it. So the new edition you add now will have your brand new (and definitely better) cover for all future readers.