Strange Fate (Night World, #10) Strange Fate discussion

is anybody else waiting for this book too?

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by fabby (new)

fabby i loved this series i have my favorites too, but i wish they released it already

message 2: by Erica (new) - added it

Erica http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/stran... so hope fully that means there will be a book to but who knows i belive it when i see it

message 3: by Nairabell (new) - added it

Nairabell I'm waiting too. I think I've already preordered 3 or 4 times when release dates were announced only to have them cancelled when it still isn't finished. Her website still says it's in the process of being written so I'm not holding out much hope of it being finished any time soon :(

message 4: by RIN ಠ_ಠ (last edited Dec 29, 2012 08:12PM) (new) - added it

RIN ಠ_ಠ I'm not actively waiting for it anymore. Every time there is a set date it gets pushed back (the latest on Amazon being in 2030). If this comes out, yes I will read it but until then I'm not holding my breath.

message 5: by fabby (new)

fabby I WAS TOLD THAT THIS BOOK HAD ALREADY BEEN WRITTEN and would be released as soon as she had a accord with her publisher and when that didn't happen it was delayed what i don't understand is why can she shop around if is not under contract with this book

message 6: by Nairabell (new) - added it

Nairabell Fabiola wrote: "I WAS TOLD THAT THIS BOOK HAD ALREADY BEEN WRITTEN and would be released as soon as she had a accord with her publisher and when that didn't happen it was delayed what i don't understand is why c..."

I remember hearing about an argument over length. They asked for a standard length book and she presented them with one that was more than triple that. Now she's separating out an entire storyline to create another book, and apparently that's adding to the delay.

All this just adds to my understanding why the publisher dropped her from the Vampire Diaries and Secret Circle books. Promising but failing to deliver makes them look bad as well.

message 7: by doctor (new)

doctor If this supposed book is so long, maybe she should release it as a different trilogy and in the sense of releasing each within a year of each other. (Kind of like Cassandra Clare with her Shadow Hunter books and what not.)
I just really want this to happen already.
2030. I could understand MAYBE up to 2015.
sigh.

message 8: by Nairabell (new) - added it

Nairabell Still no release date, but the first chapter is available on her blog: http://ljanesmith.net/blog/2013/594-s...

.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Beel Stole & Ate My Heart × ¨*: Lynn ಠ_ಠ wrote: "I'm not actively waiting for it anymore. Every time there is a set date it gets pushed back (the latest on Amazon being in 2030). If this comes out, yes I will read it but until then I'm not holdin..."

Agreed. She's probably messing it up anyways, why bother?

message 10: by Morgan (new) - added it

Morgan Revell So Barnes and Noble AND Amazon has changed the release date to April 1, 2013....

message 11: by doctor (new)

doctor Morgan wrote: "So Barnes and Noble AND Amazon has changed the release date to April 1, 2013...."

APRIL FOOLS??

message 12: by fabby (new)

fabby Does it mean they are releasing It or what ?do you think they will change it again

message 13: by Morgan (new) - added it

Morgan Revell Totally an April fools joke. But why would they change it to that date???

message 14: by doctor (new)

doctor Maybe it will be IN april but there's no definite date?

.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Beel Stole & Ate My Heart × ¨*: Don't trust ANY date until you're seeing the book face to face and holding it in your hands.

message 16: by fabby (new)

fabby i been waiting for so long i reread the series when they said they had a release date just so i would remember the characters names and abilities they are so many books

message 17: by Megan (new) - added it

Megan Lynn ಠ_ಠ wrote: "I'm not actively waiting for it anymore. Every time there is a set date it gets pushed back (the latest on Amazon being in 2030). If this comes out, yes I will read it but until then I'm not holdin..."

Do you know how old I am going to be in 20 freaking 30!!! Good lord I probably won't even care what happens then.

message 18: by Morgan (new) - added it

Morgan Revell It should come out soon because she had like a 10 year hiatus and she blogged in either 2012 or 2011 that all she had been doing lately is writing. Plus she put the first chapter of Strange Fate up on her website recently so I'm guessing she wouldn't do that unless she were really working hard on it and it was coming out soon...

message 19: by Nurul (new) - added it

Nurul Syazna I just cant wait any longer for this book....

message 20: by fabby (new)

fabby the other books have amazing stories lets hope that when they release this it will live up to the hype

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I waiting for this story for 3 years!!!!!!!! I read the sneakpeak 7 times already....

Therealbadkitty The audiobook is going to be released on January 4th 2014 according to BN.

message 23: by Sarahjane (new)

Sarahjane Larkin So I heard its coming out January 4th....can I hope? Been waiting years as it is...

.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Beel Stole & Ate My Heart × ¨*: Sarahjane wrote: "So I heard its coming out January 4th....can I hope? Been waiting years as it is..."

I doubt it.

message 25: by ☽Ƹɱɱɑ☾ (new)

☽Ƹɱɱɑ☾ It will probably never. Ever. Come. Out. And the emphasis is for me, not you guys. I won't believe that this book has come out until I have it in my hands...if it ever gets published. L. J. Smith has probably forgotten about the Night World series. (I actually highly doubt that, since her books just got re-published, but you never know.) There are some people who have been waiting 13 years for this book, while Ms. Smith writes other series. I understand she had a family thing to tend to, but honestly! She's already wrote the Stefan Diaries thing. Strange Fate should be her first priority.

.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Beel Stole & Ate My Heart × ¨*: @☽Ƹɱɱɑ☾, She didn't write Stefan's Diaries, She was writing The Return Series. But I agree, I'm tired of her working on series that have been finished for years as opposed to an series whose ending is long overdue.

Kaela Smith 2014 and still has not been published!

message 28: by Annmarie (new) - added it

Annmarie Stocker-shea I've been waiting for about 7 years for Strange Fate. I must admit that I was so mad at first but after waiting so long I mean seriously 7 years for one book, I'm over it now. But if it ever does get released I will read it.

message 29: by Mae92 (new)

Mae92 Did anyone emailed and got a reply from this author?

.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Beel Stole & Ate My Heart × ¨*: Mae92 wrote: "Did anyone emailed and got a reply from this author?"

She seems to get lots of questions about Strange Fate that she has said not ask her about it anymore and besides, she keeps saying the same thing, "it's not finished." The most recently reply was that it's up to her publisher when it will can published.

message 31: by Zoey (new)

Zoey I think is totally ridiculous that it has been over 10+ years and the book is still not finished. How much longer must we wait. She has been way into the Vampire Diaries crap that she has totally forgotten about Strange Fate. Wtf, get it finished already. Other good authors have written several books at d same time. It's a total let down honestly. I'm about to just toss the other books and forget about Strange Fate. Get on with it lady. U r letting a LOT of ppl down.

message 32: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly Okay - IF this book comes out in 2030, I will be 52 years old. I wonder if I will care by then.

message 33: by Jordan (new) - added it

Jordan Gabel I'm tired of this waiting game. Strange Fate should be out by now. There's a Name,Description,Cover and not to mention a small preview in the 3rd volume of NightWorld in the back of the book.

message 34: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Arms hey guys my name is anthony and yes i have been waiting for 12 years for this book to come out. i just looked on amazon.com for the book a i found this: http://www.amazon.com/Strange-Fate-Ni... that is the link to anazon that says that book 10 of the night world series came out in 1999. what the hell, i've never seen the book on store shelves so how could it have come out in 1999 without me knowing? if you guys don't believe me just check out the link.

message 35: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Lacdo-o I'm just so tired of waiting. The least she could do is to update us. She should be honest with her readers about the status of the book. If she can't finish the series, she should say so so we won't be waiting anymore.

message 36: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Lacdo-o Anthony wrote: "hey guys my name is anthony and yes i have been waiting for 12 years for this book to come out. i just looked on amazon.com for the book a i found this: http://www.amazon.com/Strange-Fate-Ni......"

The original release date was 1998 but it was delayed. There's still no update on the new release date.