Prom Week discussion

General > Rules

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Me, Myself, and I, You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve (last edited Feb 01, 2013 08:52PM) (new)

Me, Myself, and I | 1508 comments Mod
FIRST RULE !
description

1) CURSING
Let's get one thing straight: This is a high school RP, guys. Meaning most of the high school population doesn’t think along the lines of "Well, gee whiz," and "Gosh darn." If you have a problem with cursing, I don't think this RP is for you. Sorry, hun. BUT! That's not a free pass for outside the RP and if it bothers the person you’re talking to, just say something along the lines of ‘Oops, my bad.’ And go along your merry way- Without the curse words outside the RP.

2) RELATIONSHIP STUFF
As for the sex policy in this RP? I mean, I don't have a problem with it, but just because I’m the mod doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll be RPing with me. So, in that case, please make sure it’s:

a) Okay with your fellow RPer. And if this is the case, implied and/or skipping to the morning after would be the next step. Apparently, there's an new rule on Goodreads? I don't know. Whatever. So just be aware.

3) OUTSIDE THE RP
You know that little thing called ‘rudeness?’ Yeah, I won't tolerate it. I realize how harsh that may make me sound and I’m normally not, but this is the one rule that I really can’t stress enough. Start a fight inside this RP and I will kick you out. So please, please don't make me do that. At least have the decency to take it elsewhere.

4) POST SIZE
I'm not going to put a size restraint on the posts, because no one really listens to it anyways. All I ask is that you actually put some effort into the post. It's a little hard to respond to something that's only one meek little line.

5) CHARACTERS
M’kay so, I see this in every single RP I’m in and it drives me nuts. I’m pretty sure I’m not actually supposed to be making a rule about this, but oh well: Your character is not going to be the best flipping thing on this planet. Rationally speaking, everyone has at least one flaw. No one is perfect, so please don’t create this person who is. It’s really nerve raking.

Ooh ! And as for the character limit. The only limitation I have is only mods can make Big Brothers/Sisters. Anyone can make a Little Brother/Sister, two per person, while every person can make as many lower ranking people from The Brotherhood as they can handle. And, of course, you can make as many regular students as you please. I do ask that we try to keep the boy girl ratio even as well, because I think we all know it’s relatively awkward when there’s five boys and eight girls.

6) NEW THREADS
I’m going to say this as simple as I possibly can: Do not make a new thread unless you have either asked me or. . . Or are a mod C;

7) COMMON SENSE
Uhm. . . Yeah. I feel kind of stupid for making this an actual rule, but please try to think rationally while RPing. Like, your charrie wouldn’t be in one location and all of the sudden appear in another, right? In other words: Just make sure you don’t hop from one thread to another.

~Your mod,
Sara [MMI]

message 2: by Matthew, Fear. Rage. Despair. Pain. It consumes everything. (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 491 comments Mod
There is a new rule about the whole sexual RP thing, so you might want to edit that. Where it is not allowed at all in any groups. They have been deleting groups and topics that have too much of that kind of thing.

We probably wouldn't have a huge problem here... but just in case, so people know...

...personally I would never RP something like that myself though, but yeah... O.O

message 3: by Me, Myself, and I, You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve (new)

Me, Myself, and I | 1508 comments Mod
Updated

message 4: by Matthew, Fear. Rage. Despair. Pain. It consumes everything. (last edited Feb 01, 2013 08:54PM) (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 491 comments Mod
There is where they put it.
(unless your group had a serious issue, then they would have emailed you)

http://www.goodreads.com/group/modera...

message 5: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ 8)Grammar
Okay, so no one is perfect but maybe we can try to do the best we can. Here are some grammar rules. Some are nit picky, others are important.
(view spoiler)
Those were some small things people can check on to improve their writing. Other general rules that I believe should be looked for carefully (I've seen these happen in quite a few RPs so...)

-Spacing: Please space after your periods. It's hard to read otherwise.
-Tense Usage: When RPing, try to stick to one tense (past or present). Constant switching makes it harder to understand the post.
-Capitalization: Yes, please capitalize the beginning of the sentence, names, places etc.

These are just general things....

9)Character Outlines:
Please make an effort to put some detail into character outlines. Personally, I believe that a decent history and personality should consist of about 5-10 sentences minimum. We should get an idea what your character is like and what they've gone through. If it's difficult for you to write that much for your outlines, feel free to look at other characters or PM a mod. Of course it doesn't have to be two posts long. But two sentences isn't enough either.

These rules were approved by Sara, so please do not attack me. =3