Misguided Angel (Blue Bloods, #5) Misguided Angel discussion

Please explain.

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wren (new)

Wren Got this for Christmas and I'm too lazy to read the first five books. Pleez explain the series up to this book so I won't be totally lost when I read it. Thanks

message 2: by i. (new) - rated it 4 stars

i. Don't be lazy, read them, they are like a mixture between Gossip Girl (NY,fashion...) and The Vampire Diaries (romance and some rivalry).The plot is quite complicated to explain, anyway.

Monica Julia wrote: "Got this for Christmas and I'm too lazy to read the first five books. Pleez explain the series up to this book so I won't be totally lost when I read it.
u know books five and six suck to the point i would say the author cheats her reader by prolonging a story that should have ended in book 3. And the adventure just isnt fun anymore. Books one to four r actually worth the read alot of action, the story was somewhat intriguing at least the backstories of the angels. And I is right it is too much going on to explain everyone past lives, why they fell, why they cant go back, who tied to who, the wars etc etc

message 4: by Wren (new)

Wren I actually can't read them because the first cover has the bites on her neck and my parents don't like vampires. Thats why I need explanation.

message 5: by Monica (last edited Dec 26, 2012 06:26PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Monica Julia wrote: "I actually can't read them because the first cover has the bites on her neck and my parents don't like vampires. Thats why I need explanation."

LOL! so just wikipedia the series. A little spoiler schuyler is what u call a half and half, her mother a vamp her father was her mother's human famaliar. Mommy broke her bond with another angel which is against the rules. Oh the vamps r fallen angels. Schuyler finds this out about herself in this book after an incident occurs with the silver bloods i forget what they r. Schuyler lives with her grandmom. Mommy is in a coma bc i cant remember( i think bc she puts herself into one) vampires live in cycles and have to reborn into the world. Good grief this book is complicated read wikipedia for the rest!

RelentlessBookChic Ramblings & Reviews You would really need to read them all. If you start anywhere but the first it can be really confusing. They aren't simple reads, they cover a lot of background and info into the Bluebloods.

Bookworm such a shme its a greattt sereies

Lizzie My husband got me the first 4 for Christmas one year, I lovedthem so much I had to keep reading, I have told him he can buy me the rest of the books to complete the series. I also enjoy the spin off series, Witches of East End.

Terri Please do not read this series!!! It is terrible, you will regret it, that would be my advice. As far as the plot I'll try to sum it up:
Vampires are actually fallen angels who must (without getting into all the specifics) essentially practice the concept of Karma and reincarnate until such a time as they can "earn" their way back to heaven. It is set in modern day New York (predominately) and most of the main characters are rich teenagers who are just learning about their past lives, etc. For most of the first book there is your generic teenage angst nonsense with their interpersonal relationships and then they find out about this specific group of vampires who do not want to get back in gods good graces I guess and are actively trying to destroy or convert all other vampires to the "dark side". Their are numerous subplots, etc but the main one is most definitely the relationship between Schuyler and Jack. For the most part this series is confusing and drags out unnecessarily by overusing descriptive narrative. This book series could have easily been 3 books long and accomplished the same thing as 6.

Lillie Bail this book is not as good as the first few

message 11: by Rena (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rena This series is big pile of crap. Nothing makes sense and the writer does not care either how messed her own mythology is.