Cover to Cover Challenge discussion

Read-a-thon > Catch-up Read-a-thon: 2013 Edition

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) Welcome to the 2013 readathon!!

What is it?
This is a week-long event during which you read as much as you can. If you choose to take part, it can help you get that read shelf count spiking up as you try to reach that reading goal you set for yourself - That's why it's a catch-up readathon. Of course, sleep as much as you want, and do all your daily chores, but just remember to reduce the distractions. That's what this is about.

A sign-up sheet for the event will open up two weeks prior to the event, so be sure to put in your name there if you plan to take part. There will be a discussion thread set up where participants can have a chat on their progress and books read. Everyone can drop by the thread to cheer on other participants. Participation in the discussion thread is not mandatory, but welcome. At the end of the event, a Finish-line thread will be set up for you to share how much reading you got done.

24-hour reading spree
For those of you who like the 24-hour readathons better, this is your day. Spend the whole day and night reading and get that pile out of your way. You can set up your schedule any way you wish. You can use the same sign-up, discussion, and finish-line threads mentioned above. Even those of you doing the week-long readathon can use this 24-hour reading spree. The date you wish to do your 24-hour spree is left for you to decide based on what works for you.

What books do I read?
The type of books allowed include the books allowed for the Cover to Cover challenge, to make it easy for participants. After all, the purpose of the readathon is to help you reach that goal you set for yourself. The categories include print books, ebooks, audiobooks, manga, graphic novels, short stories or anthologies (for counting books that are short stories, check this thread). No children books allowed (For what counts as a children's book, check this thread).

Also, you do not have to plan your reading list in advance, but you can do so if you wish.

Some more points
- The event will be held once in two months - in January, March, May, July, September, and November.
- The dates for the readathons are here.
- Mini challenges will continue into 2013, but they will be separated from the readathons. The minichallenges end on the last day of the upcoming readathon.

message 2: by B (new)

B (bookswithb) | 28 comments Sounds fun, I'm in!

message 3: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Can't wait! Holidays have got me behind.

message 4: by Denise (new)

Denise Lippy | 115 comments I'm in!

message 5: by Nancy H (new)

Nancy H | 561 comments I'm in!

message 6: by Fairlee (new)

Fairlee Corkran | 22 comments Can t wait for the March read-a-thon.

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy Will there be a sign-up page for the July read-a-thon? According to the schedule it begins on Saturday.

message 8: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 247 comments I am in! I will see how well I can do.

message 9: by Anne (new)

Anne | 274 comments I'm in.

message 10: by Fairlee (new)

Fairlee Corkran | 22 comments I m in also

message 11: by Nadine (new)

Nadine | 252 comments I am in again, too :-)

message 12: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I'll be reading for it as well!

message 13: by Nancy H (new)

Nancy H | 561 comments I am in and hope to have lots of reading time this week!

message 14: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) She's posted the sign up topic for it now guys :)

message 15: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 362 comments Fall Readathon tomorrow?

message 16: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 776 comments Mod
errr....yup! threads will be up shortly