Super Hero High discussion

General Areas > Library

Comments Showing 1-50 of 128 (128 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Abigail , Head mod and marvel know it all (new)

Abigail   (rose_way) | 1489 comments Mod
Lots of books

message 2: by Cathrine (new)

Cathrine Kisa sat on a window still with a stack of history books.

message 3: by Cathrine (new)

Cathrine Kisa looked up when the commotion, but didn't move from her place at the window. instead she went back to her reading.

message 4: by Cathrine (new)

Cathrine ((hey it anyone going to rp with me or continue to rp?))

message 5: by Bekah (new)

Bekah Cathrine wrote: "((hey it anyone going to rp with me or continue to rp?))"

((I'll RP))

message 6: by Cathrine (new)

Cathrine ((ok XD ))

message 7: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (ghoulsrule1076) | 39 comments Jessie: looks at shelf "hmmm hunger games?"

message 8: by Bekah (new)

Bekah Rachel scanned the shelves. She had already read a lot of the classics in her past lives. She was looking for a newer book.

message 9: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (ghoulsrule1076) | 39 comments Jessica: flipping through the pages " huh?!"

message 10: by Bekah (new)

Bekah Rachel saw one that caught her eye. The Selection. She pulled it from the shelf.

message 11: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (ghoulsrule1076) | 39 comments Jessica: shapeshifts into jenifer Lawrence

message 12: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (ghoulsrule1076) | 39 comments Jessica:"hi!"

message 13: by Bekah (new)

Bekah Rachel: I look to a girl who had just changed forms. "Hi." I force out quietly.

message 14: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (ghoulsrule1076) | 39 comments Jessicca: " I'm Jessica or Jessie whatever"

message 15: by Bekah (new)

Bekah Rachel: "Rav--Rachel."

message 16: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (ghoulsrule1076) | 39 comments Jessica:"I'm a shapeshifter :/"

message 17: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (ghoulsrule1076) | 39 comments Jessica:" I say shifting back to normal"

message 18: by Bekah (new)

Bekah Rachel: I nod then look back at the book.

message 19: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (ghoulsrule1076) | 39 comments Jessica:" you like books I'm guessing"

message 20: by Bekah (new)

Bekah Rachel: "Books, yes. They help me forget."

message 21: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (ghoulsrule1076) | 39 comments Jessica:"totally not my business but are u a villain or a hero?"

message 22: by Bekah (new)

Bekah Rachel: I peek out from behind my hair. "Don't get and my bad side and I'll be a hero."

message 23: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (ghoulsrule1076) | 39 comments Jessica:"whatever I say as I leave "

message 24: by Bekah (new)

Bekah Rachel: I shrug indifferently as Jessica leaves. What I said was the truth. Sometimes I can't even control myself.

message 25: by Cathrine (new)

Cathrine Kisa continues to read her stack of books.

message 26: by Bekah (new)

Bekah Rachel: I take this book along with the graphic novel I love and sit down.

message 27: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 444 comments Mod
Cathrine wrote: "Kisa continues to read her stack of books."

Rushing to the library door in a shock of wind, Jean-Paul stopped right outside the library doors. He nearly brought to road-runner sound effects with him as he steadied himself from the run.

With an elfish face next to the convenient Lord of the Rings posters, the boy fit right in whether he knew it or not.

This certainly wasn't a place to be social but it didn't attract too many guys either--well none that weren't next to a nerdy tutor trying to learn to read for the second time. So he was safe for the moment.

Jean-Paul ran his fingers down the backs of books, just steadying his heart beat to something lower than humanly considered the moments before cardiac arrest.

The boy knelled next to Kisa, hands hanging off his knees, "Excuse me, but do you know if there's a french section in this library?" Surely his accent told that much and by the way he was eyeing the librarians and they were glaring back, he had a feeling he'd need someone else's help.

message 28: by inactive account (new)

inactive account (inactiveaccoun) | 724 comments Mod
(( can I come in please?

message 29: by Cathrine (new)

Cathrine ((sure))

Kisa looked up, she smiled so she wasn't to seem ruin, "Yes, in fact I was just about to return some of my book there." she stood up and grabbed a large stack of books, "I'll show you." she started to walk down one aisle and the next. "so what book are you looking for anyway?" she asked as she walked.

message 30: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (new)

"Good question," he said, following like a lab retriever, "Something to pass the time between classes. Wait--tu peux parler français? [you can speak french]" He asked, wide eyed and bezumed.

message 31: by Cathrine (new)

Cathrine Kisa smirked, "Oui, je peux parler en bien d'autres langues. [Yes, I can speak in many other languages as well.] But I don't do it often." she replied and stopped in front of the French section. "Here we are." she noted, before going in to return the books.

message 32: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (new)

"You'd get hired for spy work in no time--is that your mutant power?"

message 33: by Cathrine (new)

Cathrine Kisa looked at him over her shoulder, "'mutant powers'...oh, on a school trip to a science lab I was hit by a ultra violet light radiation beam. original huh?" she laughed and stood up on a step stool to get to the higher shelves. "what about you?"

message 34: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (last edited Aug 27, 2013 06:19PM) (new)

"I'm just a mutant---so far," he added, "Is it weird that I forgot about other people with powers? It must suck to get your powers from a school trip and get dropped off at another school because of it. Maybe we'll have a school trip and you'll lose your powers," he said, smiling at the thought, "Serious irony."

She was lucky to have powers that weren't genetic. It made for less frightened society.

message 35: by Cathrine (new)

Cathrine Kisa giggled more and smiled at him. "It did suck, but...at the same time I'm kind of glad it happened. I don't feel so much of an outcast here. Plus there are a bunch of great people I can talk to aboutppwers and stuff." She laughed again, she'd never been this open with anyone except her grandparent. "By the way, I guess we never introduced ourselves." She jumped off the stool, " my name is Kisa. But in costume I'm known as Royal Light." she held out her hand.

message 36: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (last edited Aug 29, 2013 01:19AM) (new)

Her joy was contagious and he felt even his deepest uncertainties about this school run away like candle wax. "Je m'appelle Jean-Paul," he pronounced it in French, "But in costume," he frowned for a second like he wasn't even sure himself, "I'm Northstar--I'm a mutant from Alpha flight, the Canadian division. I think I've heard of you. You're another light super. It's hard to keep track with all these powers," he motioned around him to the others.

((Jean is the French name for John and is pronounced without the 'ee' sound or the 'n'. It's hard to explain the sound if you're someone didn't take french class.))

message 37: by Cathrine (last edited Aug 28, 2013 11:22AM) (new)

Cathrine Kisa continued to laugh, mostly in agreement and mostly because she was having fun talking to him. "Northstar...oh, sorry Jean, I think we are going to get along quit nicely. She smiled, then a remembrance look appeared on her face and she went back to the bookshelves, looking for something.

message 38: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (new)

((Thanks for changing it. It was just making sure that it's clear. In French, Jean is a totally different creature from Jean in English. Jean in French is a Saint who wrote a part in the Bible while English Jean is a girl's name.
It's a funny world. Especially since the Russian 'John' is Иван - Ivan.))

"What have you been reading?" He asked, not so conspicuously, peaking at the titles with his hands behind his back. Something told that he was that he loved probing and gossiping because everyone's lives interested him. It was a quick, fleeting thought but probably a true one from most people who knew him.

message 39: by Cathrine (new)

Cathrine "everything." she laughed, pulling out one large novel after another, "I started in the history section and worked my way through." she started to exit the aisle and down the next. "I know its weird, but even at my old school the library has always been a safe-heaven for me." she sighed.

message 40: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (last edited Aug 30, 2013 01:53PM) (new)

"Wow, t'es si obsédé que ça, hein? Et pas mal... [Wow, you're that obsessed? That's not to shabby]," Jean-Paul let himself follow the row of books.

The idea that should could read through all the books in a term was a feat to bask in. Something told him that with every book, she could feel the heat of accomplishment. It was better to find a hobby than to trip around this place aimlessly--unfourtunately, the hobby that made him happy was hundreds of miles up north and only passed during winter.

"You know, someone told me that the only other French person here was a guy who 'friendly wasn't the word for him'. It's great to know that that theory wasn't right," he'd started keeping his voice down when he was reminded of the beady-eyed, evil librarians. "You probably eat your lunch here too. Do you ever get out?"

message 41: by Cathrine (new)

Cathrine "Actually, I perfer to eat one the rooftop." She said, "and if I knew someone on a friendly level, I would go out and be adventurous like in the books." She giggled. "I'm sure you have had amazing adventures."

message 42: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (new)

"You know how adventures are," he said, cringing, one eye shut with a smile, "You love the idea until you're there. Makes for great stories---not life experiences."

message 43: by Cathrine (new)

Cathrine She rose an eyebrow, "are these words of experience?" She asked hime, already guessing that it was. "Or perhaps, you haven't had someone to enjoy the adventures with." Then she started to reach for a book on the top shelf, but wasn't even close to getting it.

message 44: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (new)

Jean-Paul floated off the ground a bit, clasping the book by it's leather bounds and flipping it into her pile. His feet touched the ground again with the lightness of snow.

"I don't understand why you haven't done the adventure sign up," he said, "There's been a wall at the back of the library for years."

message 45: by Cathrine (last edited Aug 30, 2013 03:22PM) (new)

Cathrine Amazed by the sight that Jean displaied, but didn't say anything.

Kisa walked to the end of the aisle and looked at the back of the library. "Son of a gun, your right." She pulled her head back and looked at him, "wonder why I never noticed it before?" She shrugged.

message 46: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (new)

Most people didn't use the library for its seasonal reading. Most gathered at the back to pick pieces of paper off a giant cork board.

"Probably because you've never had a team," he smiled, "If you ever feel like it, I'd totally be up for the job," he needed to Skype some kind of update back to his sister.

message 47: by Cathrine (new)

Cathrine Kisa smile, "I'd like that."

message 48: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (new)

"Then it's a deal. We'll see if all these books have any good to your power," It was a weird deal for first meeting a person--in a library no less, but if friendship was so easy to find, why not grasp it and shake hands? "We'll meet back at six and pick a mission."

message 49: by Cathrine (new)

Cathrine Kisa smiled and nodded.

message 50: by Blood Bone and Muscle, Clinical Neurology made ridiculously simple (new)

Before leaving with that big 'I-have-a-team' grin on his face, he remembered to check out a book. Little did he know, Jean-Paul had taken one of the most heart braking adventure books known to the French language. La neige en deuil
by Henri Troyat

He was out in the blink of an eye.

« previous 1 3