The Final Test discussion

Town > Cafe

Comments Showing 1-50 of 127 (127 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Jax drank his coffee with a ham and cheese bagle...he was in heaven

message 2: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Alex entered and sat down at a table.

message 3: by Zack (last edited Dec 31, 2012 07:07PM) (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "Hmmmm, what to get today?" Ri muses out loud as he walks in the door. "Pedmann Tas?" he asked the snake as it looked at the display. "Adria, I have a special herbal infusion I use, it is very good if you want some. It's actually a calming drought, but I decided not to waste it hehe."

message 4: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Alex ordered a cup of coffee.

message 5: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments Adria stood behind his with her arms crossed, facing the display. "Are you trying to tell me I need to relax?" She looked down at her tense posture and forced her arms to her sides. She felt...strange. She wasn't used to this kind of situation. "I'll try it if you try it first. I'm still not sure you aren't trying to poison me," she smiled.

message 6: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "I know I usually do after training. Although in stronger doses it can definitely put you to sleep." He turned to the menu. "Hmm, Tas says to get a ham and cheese sandwich, so I'll go with that, and a pot of hot water as well. Thank you."

message 7: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments Adria hasn't looked at the menu until then so she had no idea what to say. She improvised, ordering a plate of shrimp. Maybe it seemed random, but she loved seafood. "Does it actually taste good?" she asked Ri.

message 8: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "Well, its a mix of berries for taste, along with various herbs for the calming bit. So it kinda tastes like tea, with a hint of tingle and mint on the side. Sorry, I can't explain it very well, but I have it all the time. My siblings have their own personalized versions, where they added bits of their favorite flavors and removed others." Ri explained as he moved to a table not too far away from the other occupied ones.

message 9: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments Adria sat across from him, leaning her bow against the edge of the table. "If I end up dying from this, I'm going to bring myself back just so I can kill you," she smiled. Usually, she would pretend this was a joke and really mean it. This time, she was actually joking. What was wrong with her?

message 10: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "Nah, you would have to defeat my loyal guardian for that." He smirked as Tas looked at him, then Adria, then went back to sleep on his arm. "Fat lot of help you are!" Ri exclaimed in indignation that was belied by the laughter in his voice.

message 11: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments Adria laughed. "Looks like he wouldn't care either way," she said, folding her arms and leaning forward on the table. "That could potentially be very, very bad for you."

message 12: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "Tas likes people too much" he said, bordering on grumpy at the lack of support from his pet. "Very well, I hereby promise that there is nothing harmful in your drink." Ri declared, pouring hot water in two glasses and pulling out a pouch from his pack. He put two bags from it in each cup. "Let it sit for a bit, sweeten it if you want." He then turned his attention to his sandwich, and began eating.

message 13: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Alex finished his cup of coffee and stood up to leave.

message 14: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments Adria decided she'd try it like it was and decide then if it needed anything else. She started in on her shrimp and smiled to herself. For whatever reason, shrimp always made her feel better. "You're lucky," she said offhandedly.

message 15: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "Yes I am. Anything in particular this time though?" He returned smugly, sipping his drink and looking at the departing boy.

message 16: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Alex opened the door and walked out.

message 17: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments She just shrugged. "I don't know. Everything, I guess. Tas, your siblings..." She trailed off. She didn't want to complain or anything, but her life wasn't exactly easy.

message 18: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments Ri looked at her, and noticed her eyes weren't quite focused in the cafe. Tas slithered off of Ri, and went across the table to look at Adria, and coiled up on her side looking at her. "You somehow got Tas interested in you, even though he usually rejects most people for some odd reason. It appears he likes you." Ri stated, staring wonderingly at the reptile. "Looks like I'm not hogging all the luck today."

message 19: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments Adria slid her hand gently along Tas for a moment before taking it away, not wanting to take a step to far. "Strange," she said to Ri. "I don't usually have that effect on people. Or snakes, for that matter."

message 20: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "Tas is a very unusual person." he agreed as the snake uncurled, then coiled again. "you can touch him, he has accepted you as 'One of the Worthy' as my sister says based on his picky selection of humans. I doubt I would be able to order him to attack you now, unless you really did something violent towards me. Drink your tea, it should be good now."

message 21: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments Adria took a sip as she touched Tas's scales again. It was interesting. They were soft but strong. She had to admit, being accepted by a snake was better than it sounded. The tea was just as good. "You're right," she said. "I can't explain how it tastes, but it's amazing."

message 22: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "Anno daf. I can give you a few bags to keep as you try to figure out what to add to it. Or how to make it different. That's one of the best parts of being an alchemist, there's some good things, but also different good things that are waiting to be discovered." As he continued to eat his food, Tas undulated closer to Adria, looking as if asking permission. ((go ahead and play with him :))

message 23: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments (( :D yay!))

Adria held out her arm to Tas as he wound around her around her shoulders. She finished off her shrimp except for one. "Do you ever feed Tas at the table, or is that a cardinal offense?" she asked.

message 24: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments Ri grinned at her "Tas is as much a person as I am to me, kinda weird I know, but it works" he shrugged. "So whenever he's hungry I feed him. Snakes don't eat very often, anything from once a day to once a week or more, so it really depends. He should be fed within a day or two, so if you do it it'll be fine. Anything goes, really."

message 25: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments "Really? He's not gonna die if he eats a shrimp?" The snake might not hurt her, but Ri might if she killed him. This self-conscious girl who was talking to Ri wasn't someone she knew, and she felt like she was lying to him.

message 26: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "Only if it manages to somehow claw its way out! So though he's never actually had shrimp before, he has had fish and the occasional mussel. I can always find something in my store of herbs and potions to heal him if he does get sick, there's no way he's dieing if I can do anything about it." Ri exclaim emphatically, pushing aside his now empty plate and draining his cup. "which reminds me to give these to you, otherwise I'll forget." He added, reaching for his pouch and pulling out five bags of the tea; then wrapping them up in a napkin on the table. "You might want to find another way to airseal them, but they should be good for a long time."

message 27: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments She smiled up at him, having given Tas the last shrimp already. She took the tea packets from him and tried to keep her hands from shaking. She wasn't used to people giving her gifts, and she felt like she should be giving him something too. "Too bad I don't have some hidden skill I could share," she shrugged. "I don't have anything cool up my sleeve like knowing poisons or what teas help with what."

message 28: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "And this from the girl who's giving me archery lessons? Besides, the cool part about knowing poisons is that no plant is really good or bad, just powerful, and that power can be used for good or ill. In fact I use Tas' venom for some of my more powerful healing potions. I-I really would much rather be a simple healer, I enjoy giving gifts to others, be it health, or just tea, makes me feel useful I guess." He stammered out the last part more quietly than when he began.

message 29: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments Adria felt a slow smile spread across her face. "If giving gifts to people makes you feel useful, then I should hang around you more often," she said. "I only feel useful when I'm doing something for someone else they can't do. It seems arrogant, now that I think about it, but it's true..." Her sentence trailed off at the end like she wasn't sure what she was talking about.

message 30: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "Well, Tas will certainly want you around. And I think you can look at at it a different way, not only something they can't do, but simply aren't, you something you want to do for someone." He replied. "What else can you do besides archery? I use most projectile weapons, and am pretty good at stealth as well."

message 31: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments Adria shrugged. "I'm a much better fighter from a distance," she admitted. "Throwing, launching, firing--everything you can do in a fight from a distance, I can master pretty quickly. But as soon as I'm in a close-range fight, I'm next to useless."

message 32: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "I'm better with the bow, throwing knives, and blowguns, but not too bad with martial arts. I was trained in a particular one called Guided Chaos. I'm not too great at it, but it actually works a lot better for me than most other styles. I'm sorta good at a bunch of stuff, but only really great at my potions." Ri said.

message 33: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 33 comments Cleo ordered a cup of hot chocolate and sat down.

message 34: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments Adria smiled. "Well, if you want to kill someone quickly and quietly, that would be the way to do it." She was silent for a moment, suddenly thinking of her father. She pushed that thought aside, not wanting to dwell on it too much. "So, is there anything you're not good at?"

message 35: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "Swords. As soon as I can get my hands on one, I drop it. Axes, maces, straight up fighting, all that sort of thing. I can't really fight close range effectively. My entire style is built around getting to a good distance, and staying there. I'm not even good enough with a dagger, I'm kinda fast, but not skilled or graceful enough to actually stick someone with it if they're attacking me; I'd fall over my own two feet in the hurry." Ri stated slowly. " That's what my pets are for, the enemy gets too close, they scare the enemy away."

message 36: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments Adria ran her finger along Tas again. "Really? Because Tas here didn't seem too concerned when I first showed up." Why did I bring that up? she cursed herself silently. Now he'll either think I'm his enemy, or that I think his snake is capable of protecting him. "I didn't mean it like that," she assured him quickly.

message 37: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "No it's OK. He was sleeping at first, and when he woke up, I told him everything was fine. 'Mae Govvanen' means well met, or hello normally, but in this case it was saying everything was fine; but it only works if I say it though." He reassured her. "Interesting that you noticed that. Most people tend to assume snakes are scary, and therefore only see a threat, 'till proven otherwise." Ri smiled to show her he didn't think anything wrong.

message 38: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments "I've seen plenty of snakes before," she explained. "There used to be over a dozen that lived by my house. I may not have one as a pet, but my father--" her voice broke slightly-- "...he used to help me catch them, and would ask me what snake it was, whether they were poisonous..."

message 39: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments Ri looked thoughtful, looking at Tas, then at Adria fora bit. Seeming to come to a decision, he asked: "So you would know a feathered tree viper if you saw one?"

message 40: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments She smiled slightly. "Well, I might not find it in my backyard, but I've seen one before. It scared me," she confessed. "It was so...bright. Brighter than I had expected. And it reminded me of a dragon, without wings." She looked over at Ri and her smile widened. "Wait, you don't believe me?"

message 41: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "Well, I may not have introduced you to Ketz quite yet" He responded slowly. "His full name is Quetzalcoatl." He grinned. "And your right! The first thing I thought of when I saw him was a dragon."

message 42: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments Adria smiled slightly. She had never thought she'd have snakes in common with someone. "I might regret knowing this, but how any snakes do you have, exactly?"

message 43: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "Only two fully trained ones, Ketz and Tas. But I find snaked fascinating, so I actually breed them. I have a reptile room in my cabin for the young ones, and the older ones help protect the cabin and the herb garden." Ri exclaimed excitedly. "Unfortunately most people think its weird, so I have never found someone who loves snakes like I do." he continued sadly.

message 44: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments Adria laughed suddenly, then tried to cover it up with a cough. "An entire reptile room? Wow, that's...something." That would be really interesting to see. "And snakes aren't weird. I think they're just under-appreciated. I mean, come on, it's pretty amazing that they can swallow something ten times the size of their own head." She laughed again.

message 45: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "Exactly! And they are a lot more intelligent than they are given credit for. Although the reptile room is shared by my Spider Corner, another group of animals I have a passion for, although not as much as snakes. They will always be my number one obsession hehe. It just gets interesting during feeding times, with the snakes going after their food, then the tarantulas and spiders trying to get theirs; I'm just glad that they mostly know how to feed themselves soon after they're hatched" Ri finished with a sigh, looking tired just thinking about it. "Of course since they all have so many offspring, and I can only train and care for so many, they end up on the menu, just like in nature."

message 46: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments Adria flinched when he said spiders. She was deathly afraid of them, for whatever reason. Snakes, great. Spiders, she freaks out. "Wow, spiders. I might love snakes, but spiders just freak me out." She laughed depreciatingly. "Go figure. I'd be willing to check out your snakes sometime, but I prefer not to go anywhere near spiders if I can help it."

message 47: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "Meh, they're all cooped up in the corner anyways, I built a special netting that has a small amount of electricity running through it, and it keeps them all together. Although I can understand, most of the spiders are used for their venom, and very few are used for anything else, like Cha, my pet bird spider." He reassured her, not entirely certain if it was working.

message 48: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments Adria's eyes widened, the reassurance he was aiming for completely lost to her. "Oh, great," she said faintly. "A room full of spiders used for their venom. I can hardly contain myself with excitement." Her head spun just thinking about spiders and their venom. Her stomach stirred uneasily.

message 49: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 75 comments "Uhhhhhhh!" Ri was at a loss, looking around for some sort of inspiration. suddenly his glance fell on her mug of the herbal concoction. Hoping she hadn't already finished it, he said: "Why don't you drink the tea, it should help." It came out mostly ok, but his voice still showed that he was worried. 'Was it something I said?'

message 50: by Sky (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 49 comments Adria had been taking a sip of her tea, and suddenly tarted choking. She coughed into her napkin and for a second, it looked like she was crying. But, no, she was laughing. She was grinning and choking on her tea and laughing, all at the same time. "Don't worry," she said, her voice rough and faint. "I just have an unnatural fear of spiders. It's really cool that you can have so many and not run away screaming like I would. I can manage." She started laughing again.

« previous 1 3