Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Add New Book Please!!!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl I see this on Smashwords but I'm not sure it's a book. It's described as a game, "battle cards."

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

The Laughing Undead The Social Workshop Battle Cards was created to turn an ordinary deck of playing cards into a brand new and exciting game that people of all ages can enjoy. Allow yourself to be drawn into the fantasy world we’ve created and battle against friend and foe alike. Playing the game is easy. All you need is one deck of playing cards and this instructional manual.

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy (amy_bookworm) | 76 comments We do need info on it perhaps from author/publisher Graham... We can't use google books or booksellers.

message 3: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Dec 24, 2012 10:01AM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Looks to me like a series of instruction manuals for the card game. Not sure if a book or like a pamphlet that comes with a video game.

Duh, it's free to download so I'll look.

message 4: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Dec 24, 2012 10:34AM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) I downloaded and looked. It's not cards to cut out or anything. It's a guide to the game that in ibooks is 45 pages portrait and 63 pages landscape mode for the default font.

So could be considered a book like these at http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/... or could be considered instruction manual/pamphlet thing like included with nonbooks.

I vote book on the basis of it's being available standalone like other ebooks and at least novella length versus being an instruction pamphlet only available with the purchase of nonbook items like games, cards, dvds, etc.

The "(Battle Cards)" showing in smashwords title and having "instruction manual" in description now the only questionable aspect for me; but, after skimming thru the file, I do think fine to make a book here on goodreads.

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) I'll go ahead and add unless someone knows why I shouldn't (publisher smashwords usually an acceptable source of data.)

message 6: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments It's not technically a NAB, but if it wasn't for the person asking for it to be added I wouldn't normally enter it. It does seem like an instruction rather than an actual game (I also downloaded it).

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) The author's zombie party game manuals are already on goodreads, so if these don't belong neither should author's others.