Cozy Mysteries discussion

Find a book or series > Cozies based on the west coast of the US?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meg (new)

Meg (mrsmegb) I'm gathering my list of potential series to read during the next year (I'm a bit of a series binge reader) and it seems like most cozies are based on the east coast. Anyone know of any good series that are based on the west coast? I grew up in Oregon and live in Central California now, but I've traveled all over from Alaska to San Diego... so I would love to read some books with familiar stomping grounds :)

message 2: by Melodie (last edited Dec 22, 2012 08:23PM) (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments The Embroidery Shop series by Amanda Lee takes place in Oregon. Cricket McRae's Home Crafting series takes place in Washington state. Earlene Fowler's Benni Harper series takes place in California as do Sue Ann Jaffarian's Odelia Gray & Granny Apples series. I'm sure I'll come up with some more.

message 3: by Barb (new)

Barb | 1036 comments The Savannah Reid series by G.A. McKevett is set in California, and Diane Mott Davidson's Goldy series is set in Colorado, as is Sammi Carter's Candy Shop series -- not exactly west coast, I know, but closer to the west than the east :)

I believe Mary Daheim's Bed and Breakfast series is set in Washington state, but I could be remembering incorrectly. I know, though that the Miss Zukas series by Jo Dereske is set in Bellhaven, Washington.

message 4: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Jarvis (screalwriter) | 154 comments The Regan McHenry Real Estate Mysteries that I write are set in Santa Cruz, California.

message 5: by Meg (new)

Meg (mrsmegb) Nancy wrote: "The Regan McHenry Real Estate Mysteries that I write are set in Santa Cruz, California."

Oh dear Nancy... my husband is from Santa Cruz, but... I uhm.. work in processing appraisals, so agents are the bane of my existence LOL! I'll still check your series out hehe ;)

message 6: by Meg (new)

Meg (mrsmegb) Thanks everyone! Keep them coming :D

message 7: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Douglas (teachgiftedkids) | 199 comments I would consider all of Sue Grafton's ABC myteries cozies and they take place on the West Coast. Her town is made-up, but is based on Santa Barbara.

message 8: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Douglas (teachgiftedkids) | 199 comments I would consider all of Sue Grafton's ABC myteries cozies and they take place on the West Coast. Her town is made-up, but is based on Santa Barbara.

message 9: by Betty (new)

Betty McMahon (bettymcm) Sue Grafton would be the obvious. You might try J.A. Jance. She has a Seattle-based detective series, plus a series about a female sheriff based in Arizona. She's written a ton of books.

message 10: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments If you're just looking for mysteries in general set on the west coast, Jance's J.P. Beaumont books (the series Betty mentions set in Seattle) would definitely fit the bill! I used to love them. But if you're wanting cozies specifically, they're not that!

message 11: by Kaye (new)

Kaye (kkillgore) | 35 comments Christy Evans has a series set in Oregon with Georgiana Neverall, now a plumber