Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Nook - The Technical Side > Simple Touch won't hold a charge

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deb (new)

Deb (debmess) | 4 comments I returned a Simple Touch with Glow Light because, after about a month of use, it stopped holding a charge. I bought another at Best Buys (much more generous returns policy) and it was fantastic for the first month, and now it's not holding a charge. I charged it to 100% this morning, and it's down to 89% after nine hours in sleep mode - no reading time at all. Has anyone else experienced this dramatic drop-off in the battery after about a month?

message 2: by Ella (new)

Ella I have a Nook Glow Light since this past summer and haven't had any trouble with it. I upgraded from the first edition Nook in which the battery was constantly draining. However I always have the wifi off unless I shop for books ..unsure if that has anything to do with it. But with the Nook w glow light I seem to charge it once every three weeks or so and I read from it every night and use the glow light.

message 3: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (veraj121) | 167 comments If the WiFi is on, its using power. You may want to turn it.

message 4: by Deb (new)

Deb (debmess) | 4 comments I almost never have wifi on, so that's not an issue. I hardly even use the glow light. It's draining in sleep mode. A clerk at a BN store insisted that the Simple Touch must be powered down between reading sessions, rather than put on sleep mode. But I can find no documentation supporting what the clerk said.

message 5: by Ella (new)

Ella I don't check the percentage of battery life is left..I just let it run from a full charge ..put it in sleep mode when not in use (I do read from it every night) and when the battery warning comes on, I give it a full charge again. I just know that I charge it every 3-4 weeks.

message 6: by Deb (new)

Deb (debmess) | 4 comments Wow, so needing to charge every three days is unusual, then.