Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Author Challenge - Archived > General Challenge Information - READ FIRST

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 2456 comments Mod
I thought we could try some challenges, and I have a few in mind for the coming year. These challenges will be one year long, but don't let that stop you from participating. I'll probably try most of them, but I seriously doubt I can finish them all. The books are limited to cozy mysteries, but if you can't find one that will fit, you can use a mystery.

All book formats are acceptable. Re-reads are okay, but you must re-read the entire book.

You have your choice of which challenges you want to participate in. You can join in some now, and others later on in the year. If you join a challenge in April and it started in January, you can count books read from January on.

A book can’t be used twice in one challenge (Joanne Fluke can’t be used for “J” and “F” in author challenge), but can be used in different challenges if applicable.

When recording your books, please use the "add book/author" function so the rest of us can easily check out your books. You can post books you plan to read, or wait and post books as you read them. Enter the date you finished the book, so we'll know you've completed that task.
A-Z Author Example:
A - Madelyn Alt
B - B.B. Haywood 1/4/13
C - Kate Collins

So it doesn't get too confusing with multiple posts of your challenge, please enter a new post stating "Updating post 15", or copy/paste your update into a new message. If you copy/paste while in edit mode all your links and formatting will be retained.

Chatting about the books you've read, ones you're thinking about, or wondering about one someone else's choice, is encouraged. It's a good way to find new books/authors, and steal some for your challenge. ☺

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (disciple45) Do the books have to be 200 pages in this challenge?

message 3: by Ana (last edited Jan 11, 2013 02:41PM) (new)

Ana (momtomandj) | 33 comments I think I did it.

message 4: by jaxnsmom (new)

Ann - no page limit.

Ana - Yep, your thread is there.

message 5: by Deb (new)

Deb (deb56) ok did I do something wrong? I can't find my list to add the books I have read. It was up but it is gone now. confused

message 6: by jaxnsmom (new)

Deb wrote: "ok did I do something wrong? I can't find my list to add the books I have read. It was up but it is gone now. confused"

You're still there Deb :) The folder only shows the first eight threads. If you click on "Challenges" all the threads will show up.

message 7: by Deb (new)

Deb (deb56) jaxnsmom wrote: "Deb wrote: "ok did I do something wrong? I can't find my list to add the books I have read. It was up but it is gone now. confused"

You're still there Deb :) The folder only shows the first eight..."

thx jaxnsmom I had tried that but nothing happened but guess it was my computer because I got off turn it off and started up again and it was there. My poor computer has been acting up today it said I had a start up error and I freaked. Thanks for the help.