Book-a-holics discussion

2013 A to Z Challenges > Blueturtle's 2013 A-Z Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Mar 01, 2013 10:46AM) (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) Blueturtle's 2013 A-Z Book Chalenge
Duration 1/1/2013 - 12/31/2013
last Updated 12/22/2012

A-
B-Boy Flying byLeslie Norris
C-Cirque Du Freak A Living Nightmare by Darren Shan
D-Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
E-
F-The Fish I Didn't Catch by John Greenleaf Whittier
G-The Giggling Ghost A Girl Scout Mystery by Carole Marsh
H-Homesick by Jean Fritz
I-I Have Ten Legs by Anna Swir
J-The Bat-Poet by Randall jarrell
K-
L-
M-
N-
O-
P-President Cleveland, Where Are You? by Robert Cormier
Q-
R-Raymond's Run by Toni Cade Bambara
S-The Statistical Probibilty of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
T-The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
U-
V-
W-Work by John Ruskin
Y-
X-
Z-

message 2: by Sarah (last edited Feb 26, 2013 07:18AM) (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) ADITIONAL BOOKS:

message 3: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (oftheheavens) | 123 comments I realized that I would do this challenge, but I am way too random to do it( I just read whatever book I find...)

GOOD LUCK!!! I'M CHEERING FOR YOU!!!

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) thanks!

message 5: by Becky (new)

Becky (rrrjtl) | 81 comments Abigail wrote: "I realized that I would do this challenge, but I am way too random to do it( I just read whatever book I find...)

GOOD LUCK!!! I'M CHEERING FOR YOU!!!"

I'm really random too :) But I figured it'd be fun. If the books I choose add to the list great but if not, oh well :)

message 6: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (oftheheavens) | 123 comments Yeah, I have a list of books at home, but I don't usually use it. I like browsing more.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) i like to read what my friends are reading. It makes me feel less alone. :)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) I used to do that 2 years ago.But there's a girl in my class that always read the books I read whenever I bought it to school and she finishes the series before I do!!!!

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) Awww! My friend did that to me with the hunger games. Then she told me how it ened. THENNNNN my libraian at school told me what she left out!

message 10: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) My friend spoiled the last book of the hunger games when I was starting to read the first book.

message 11: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylawrites89) wow.... you people have dreadful friends. -_- if my friends EVER told me how a book ends, I'd hit them with said book and walk out. I hate having the ending ruined. I couldn't read the 6th Harry Potter for 2 years because of some random jerk face ruining it for me. He had it posted on the back of his SUV. I wanted to jump out and hit him. ><

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) that's awful!!! i know i have crapy friends, but you take what you get. most of mine leave me hanging in everything.

message 13: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) I have no friends....I'm the know-it-all girl who's a nerd, but the thing is, class is SO easy and half of my class are special needs.
Well my best fiend right now is my god sister. Everyone backstage me at the end.

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) i think i am a little like you, but i don't have a sis. my best friends are my pointe shoes!

message 15: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) Well she's not related to me at all though... I danced with point shoes today!

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) me too! i have blisters now. have to do it a gain tomorro. I'm going to recommend you a pointe book. i want you to read it. it scarred me sooooo bad!

message 17: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) Okay, send me the book request. I don't have blisters but I lost my left pinky toenail and its so hard to stand with that leg coup de pied or passé.

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) yikes! mine is so cut down i don't see it that much anymore. the skin hardened so it's good. do you have ingrown toe nails?

message 19: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) Well, some of them are and some aren't....it's weird.

message 20: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) the book tells how to fix them. i wish i would have known! i had mine taken out. they gave me 9 shots to numb ONE toe. and like 4 on the other.

message 21: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) Well, my toenail looks like they're ingrown, but it's not digging into my toe and into my flesh or anything, so looking at google images, I don't really think I have them....I just thought I did. But I fell off a ladder and landed on my pinky toe, that's when my pinky toe ail got loose, and so I ended up cutting it.

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) AWWWWWWWCHH!!!!!! ah-ah-ah eeeeeee.

message 23: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) Well, it was hanging from the corner of my toe, and it wasn't painful, well because if was separated for days before I officially cut it.

GUESS WHAT!?!?!?!?

I just asked my dad if he can take me to the book store tomorrow because I don't have ballet and he said yes!!!! I hope nobody bought it yet, then it'll be a bummer.

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 25: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) If it isn't there on the bookshelf like last time, which I doubt, I will have to order it. Then if its that case, start without me rot away, not waiting for Sunday of anything.

message 26: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) And by the way, I sent u a message.

message 27: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) OK!!!!! hope it's there though.

message 28: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) Yeah. Replied ur message.

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) whop whop!!!

message 30: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) Okay, some tension released because I can go to the bookstore now. The reason I want to get them on paper is because I love the feel of the books rather than tapping on screen, and also I really want to support my bookstore so it won't shut down. It was close of shutting down last year, before this new guy came to buy it.

message 31: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) SAVE THE BOOK STORE!!!!

I know what you mean. I like to borrow or buy used books just so i know i'm not the only one who has read it. I like to know there was someone before me.

message 32: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) I don't really know where to get used books, I sometimes borrow the, but I left my previous school and left the friends whom I shared books with. I'm kinda alone at my new school, because everybody hates reading except for one girl but she finished a series of books when I said it was good and I wasn't even halfway through it.thats why I go to bookstores a lot. Well, not A LOT, but my favorite place to hang out.

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) i like libraies for used books. and that girl was kind of rude to do that to you. it's like she wanted you to know how fast she was. i bet she didn't get to enjoy it like you

message 34: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) I'm still not done with that series...LOL. I don't know. I talk about the book a little, then on the next day, she's like halfway through the series with her kindle. Okay, I'm exaggerating a little, but she does finishes it before me, so now I keep my books at home. Se always ruins it, like she's superior over me. I know she doesn't mean it, but it kinda bothers me.

message 35: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) it would bother me to. if you read with me i'd go your pace. (because i take forever to read)

message 36: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) you would beat me

message 37: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) I'm a fast reader, though I get distracted a lot. Unless I'm craving the book.

message 38: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) well, most books i'm slow. but this one book i'm reading, i'm racing through it. it's adicting

message 39: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) Can I ask you what book is it??

message 40: by Sarah (new)

message 41: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) I've read part of that book. It sounds really interesting. There's like 37 books in the series

message 42: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) lol no just 12 ;P

message 43: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) KK. You know there's a movie right?

message 44: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylawrites89) I've read books 1-5 of Cirque Du Freak. Never did get around to finishing the series though. Got bored with them. :/ Hope you enjoy it though, BT.

message 45: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) Reader The Fish wrote: "KK. You know there's a movie right?"

WHAT!!!!! :O :O :O :O :O :DDDD

message 46: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) Kayla wrote: "I've read books 1-5 of Cirque Du Freak. Never did get around to finishing the series though. Got bored with them. :/ Hope you enjoy it though, BT."

thanks! i hope i don't get bored.

message 47: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) Yeah mp, it's called "the vampire's assistant"

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=93FNs4lDgeI

message 48: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) it won't let me see it ;(

message 49: by Reader the Fish (new)

Reader the Fish (readerthefish) Huh...weird

message 50: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) yeah... but i'm so excited now!!!!!:DDDDDDDDDDDDD

« previous 1