Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Oathbreakers (Vows and Honor, #2)
This topic is about Oathbreakers
Book Cover Help > Cover Correction?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (last edited Dec 22, 2012 02:07PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Stephen (havan) | 333 comments I have a confession/question regarding this book and the cover we were showing for ISBN 0886774543

The cover that was being shown was apparently a black and white scan of what the paperback cover really looked like.

I scanned in my copy of the book and substituted the real color image for the black and white version after saving the black and white image as an image related to that book.

I understand that we are generally NOT supposed to change images once a book has a cover image but I felt that this was a valid exception to that policy.

I can't imagine that DAW issued a paperback in 1989 with a black and white cover. I actually have two copies of that particular paperback and both are in color.

This is a case of acting first and asking for forgiveness after the fact. Please advise if you'd like me to put back the black and white image.

message 2: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments I've seen a few ARCs that were issued with B&W versions of covers but other than that...

message 3: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Dec 22, 2012 03:32PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) It's been acceptable lots of times to overwrite lesser quality files or scans with better ones (usually from publisher or author website). Just so long as is the same cover.

I understood the policy as to prevent one edition's bookcover from getting overwriiten when an ebook other updates, when a member with book in hand says "that's not the cover I have" and tries to overwrite instead of checking for a matching edition or noticing their copy was different isbn, members and authors who want out of print versions removed, outright pranks, etc.