Book-a-holics discussion

Announcements > New Challenge

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie Gianelli (katie094) | 236 comments Mod
I have added a challenge that I think you all will enjoy!!

You will find it in the 2013 A to Z Challenge.
In that folder will be a post about how all this works, the rules and prizes for this activity.

I hope this is something you guys enjoy and if so we can continue it every year as well as do some other challenges.

message 2: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I have an idea for another challenge. It's called Word Ladder Challenge.

Example: If I just finished the book What Happens at Christmas. So, if I were to use this as my first book, the second would have to have the word Christmas somewhere in the title. Here's the kicker. It can't be used as the last word again. Skipping Christmas wouldn't work. I could use Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor or The Magical Christmas Cat. Then for more third word I would have to search for a title with Friday or Cat in the title, depending on which one I picked. You'll do this for 5 books. Here's an example:

1) Models Don't Eat Chocolate Cookies
2) Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder
3) Murder on Astor Place
4) A Place Called Here
5) Here Comes the Bride

You can pluralize or un-pluralize a word like with cookies and cookie, but you cannot take the word true and make it Truly or Truth. Also, YOU HAVE TO READ THEM IN ORDER!

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky (rrrjtl) | 81 comments I'm definitely doing the A-Z challenge. I'd love to do the other one if I had better constant access to books. Sounds like fun though!

message 4: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylawrites89) There's always the fun, yet difficult 50 State Challenge. Try to read a book based in each state.

message 5: by Becky (new)

Becky (rrrjtl) | 81 comments That would be a bit of a challenge! Could be fun though :)

message 6: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) Kayla wrote: "There's always the fun, yet difficult 50 State Challenge. Try to read a book based in each state."

Did that challenge before and it is really hard.