Book-a-holics discussion

2013 A to Z Challenges > Rules and Guidelines

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie Gianelli (katie094) | 236 comments Mod
I thought a fun side activity would be to make an A to Z challenge. This challenge works exactly like it sounds. You will read 26 books, one for every letter of the alphabet.
The Rules
You must complete at least one book for each corresponding letter
For each letter you may either use book title, authors first name or authors last name
You will create a separate thread for your challenge in this folder.

Prizes
For each person who completes this challenge by the end of the year they will receive the following:
Their name listed in a Winner's Post that will be in this folder
A surprise mailed to them by me
Note: You will not receive the prize until the challenge is finished. The reason I'm doing this is because I want it to be a surprise for all members and I don't want people telling other members what it is before they receive it.

This challenge will begin January 1, 2013 and will run until December 31, 2013

message 2: by janussaouzts (new)

janussaouzts (janussa) | 6 comments Ok so if the book starts with 'the' but then it is a 'z' would that count as a 'z' book or a 't' book?

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) hey, what if people read little children's books. dose that count?

message 4: by Katie (new)

No, just like anything, children's books don't count. And Jane, it would count as a Z book. If you're reading a book that starts with "The" you don't have to count it as a "T" =)

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) how many pages should it have?

message 6: by Katie (new)

Blueturtles wrote: "how many pages should it have?"

There really isn't a set page amount. It's sort of an honor code type of thing. If you believe it should count, then it will count, but let's all be serious and reasonable about what should count and what shouldn't =)

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) ok... i better get ready!

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) wait! does the letters have to go in order?

message 9: by Katie (new)

Nope :) do them in any order you please. I will be posting some recommendations for some tougher letters eg...Z,Q,X :). Good luck

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) thanks!

message 11: by Katie (new)

H99 wrote: "Wait... So you have to read books, but the little children's books with only a few sentences on each page don't count?"

I'm not sure I understand.. Of course children's books don't count.... Are we children here?

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) Where do we turn all of this in at?

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) Hello!?

message 14: by Katie (new)

Blueturtles wrote: "Where do we turn all of this in at?"

Read the directions =)

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) do you have to start and finish the book in 2013 or do you just have to finish it?

message 16: by Katie (new)

Blueturtles wrote: "do you have to start and finish the book in 2013 or do you just have to finish it?"

Start and finish =)

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) you are so organized. i'm glad i found this group!

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) Does the word A have to count like in "A Book"? Wouldn't that stand for B? Or is it A?

message 19: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I believe that would be "B"

message 20: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) me too. i just wanted to check.

message 21: by Katie (new)

Yes it would be B. Since a lot of books begin with "A" or "The" it would be tricky to get in all the letters, so words like that won't have to be count =)

message 22: by Ruth (new)

Ruth do I post the name of the book on the thread?

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi okay listen you said you would post some recs for the hard ones - QXZ. Have you done that yet because for this I just used my one from another group where the hard ones were allowed to be in the word so I did Hex Hall for X but that's not allowed for this one so do you have some recs for X?

message 24: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylawrites89) I'm going to be reading Xor The Shape of Darkness by Moshe Sipper for my X, Z, I did Zelah Green (Zelah Green #1) by Vanessa Curtis last year. This year I'm doing Z for Zachariah by Robert C. O'Brien unless I can find something else.