Rockism 101 discussion

positive vibrations > DOOMSDAY: what a disappointment

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jack (last edited Dec 22, 2012 09:41AM) (new)

Jack | 52 comments I was expecting like hot lava raining from the heavens and shit. Those Mayans didn't know squat!!!

message 2: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 218 comments Mod
Right... I stayed up all night waiting for an asteroid or something lol!

message 3: by Tanjlisa (new)

Tanjlisa Marie (tanjlisamarie) | 234 comments Bigger dissappointment, 12/22/12 or Y2K??

message 4: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 218 comments Mod
Tanjlisa wrote: "Bigger dissappointment, 12/22/12 or Y2K??"

mmmmm

I am going to go with 12/21/12 because there were a lot more signs pointing to it being an important date than y2k. The Mayans, the Hopi Indians, The Ancient Hindu's all said something about Dec 2012 being important.

y2k was big, but not as big....

In my humble opinion of course.

I do remember the stock piling and canning my neighbor did for y2k, I was a bit younger and I thought it was so odd...

message 5: by Jack (new)

Jack | 52 comments People took Y2K more serious. They thought all the computers were gonna crash because they had all been programmed with only two digits for the year or something.

message 6: by Tanjlisa (new)

Tanjlisa Marie (tanjlisamarie) | 234 comments I think Y2K was more of a disappointment because it was more feasible that such a thing was possible. But, I guess us humans caught the problem in time and there was no national meltdown. Bittersweet. That Mayan prediction was only good for marketing teams. lol.

message 7: by Robb (new)

Robb Bridson All it was was a date that signified the end of some era or another according to a calendar built heavily on astronomical movements.
If the ancient Mayans were around, they'd probably just have a big new year's celebration.

The flaky new agers who pushed the "end of the world" idea weren't even the big ones until this year.
I remember when I first heard about 2012 "prophecies" it was supposed to be gods/angels/aliens coming to show us new ways.
Then there was the three days of darkness thing.

At least we have this:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...

message 8: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 69 comments Y2k was definitely more disappointing because it was ALL OVER everything for years beforehand