Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows question

Who is your favourite character, why are they your favourite and which of their lines do you like the most?

MCGONAGALL:
"Neville: [discussing a battle strategy] Are you really giving us permission to do this?
McGonagall: Yes, Longbottom.
Neville: Blow it up? Boom?
McGonagall: BOOM!"

"I wonder," said Professor McGonagall in cold fury, turning on Professor Umbridge, "how you can expect to gain an idea of my usual teaching methods if you continue to interrupt me? You see, I do not generally permit people to talk when I am talking."

"I should have made my meaning plainer," said Professor McGonagall, turning at last to look at Umbridge directly in the eyes. "He has achieved high marks in all Defense Against the Dark Arts tests set by a competent teacher."

(When Peeves is unscrewing a chandelier to annoy Umbridge) "It unscrews the other way."

"Well, usually when a person shakes their head," said McGonagall coldly, "they mean 'no.' So unless Miss Edgecombe is using a form of sign language as yet unknown to humans --"

"McGonagall: "Is it true that you shouted at Professor Umbridge?"
Harry: "Yes,"
McGonagall:"You called her a liar?"
Harry:"Yes."
McGonagall:"You told her He Who Must Not Be Named is back?"
Harry:"Yes."
McGonagall:"Have a biscuit, Potter.""

Must I even say anything?

deleted user No. :)
Jan 02, 2013 02:10PM · flag

Hermione Granger:

She's my fave 'cause she is a complete natural. She has her individuality and retains her modesty. She has really sarcastic remarks up her sleeve and is just a perfect person..

Fave lines-
'YOU! You foul loathsome evil little cockroach!" SMACK!
"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon"
“i'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed or worse expelled”

deleted member Jan 01, 2013 08:08AM   0 votes
Ron is the character who makes me laugh most:
"[impression of Hermione] When in doubt, go to the library."

Sirius Black ,i love him because he is just awesome like that .... his best line:
[looking at the tapestry with the Black family tree]
Sirius Black: I hated the lot of them. My parents, with their pure-blood mania... my repulsive cousin, Bellatrix Lestrange...
[he points to a scorched hole in the tapestry over his name]
Sirius Black: My mother did that after I ran away. Charming woman.

M Dec 27, 2012 01:44PM   0 votes
Ron.
"Follow the spiders! Why couldn't it be follow the butterflies?"

SEVERUS SNAPE

He was so easy to hate...and it was even easier to fall in love with him.

"Always."

Mrs Weasley. "Not my Daughter. You Bit*h"

I think this shows the extent Molly Weasley was willing to go to protect her family and also that everyone gets to a point where nothing and nobody will stand in the way.

There are so many great charecters in this series, I could just go on and on about why so many of them are so great! But the best charecter is probably Luna Lovegood. She is just always herself and she doesn't care, and Ron makes fun of her all the time but she still doesn't care. Who knows what the best thing Luna said was.

C Jan 25, 2013 06:22PM   0 votes
I'm surprised. No one has said Harry yet. He is mine, though. I am truly inspired by his courage and selflessness.

"I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me."

Ron Weasley is my favorite!! One of the best lines
" Always the tone of surprise."

I have to say my favorite apart from the main 3 is Bellatrix, her sheer madness and passion is written well and then on screen the way she is played is brilliant. I loved her insanity!

There is only power, and those too weak to seek it.

Rahul Nath Haha, no that's why I didn't mention the character :D But I love that quote. ...more
Jan 01, 2013 08:12AM · flag

Thank you for your reviews. It really helps to share other readers' views.

Remus Lupin. HE'S FREAKIN AMAZING! I have too many favorite lines by him but one of them is, "And I'm not a very popular dinner guest with most of the community. It's an occupational hazard of being a werewolf."
and there's of course...
"It's the quality of one's convictions that determinds success, not the number of followers"

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE- His planning,foresight and his sense of Greater Good are inspirational.
His best quotes-
“You will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”
"I defy anyone who has watched you as I have — and I have watched you more closely than you can have imagined — not to want to save you more pain than you had already suffered. What did I care if numbers of nameless and faceless people and creatures were slaughtered in the vague future, if in the here and now you were alive, and well, and happy? I never dreamed that I would have such a person on my hands.”