Amazon Kindle discussion

Device Related > Kindle touch not recognized by pc

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shangru (new)

Shangru Li | 1 comments My system is 5.0.0. When I connect it with PC, it cannot be recognized as a usb device (while it can be charged). I reset it to factory defaults and restart several times. It just doesn't help.
When I connect the kindle with wifi, the "update your kindle" is grey, so I cannot update it through wifi. How can I fix it? Thanks.

message 2: by Sinuhe (new)

Sinuhe (dubyte) | 21 comments ok, I dont know what is your case, but could be a problem in the partition of the kindle.

I could try with an ubuntu live cd and use gparted and check if 1 your device still recognized, but the partition can be mounted. if that is the case you could delete the partition and create other or format the one present.

A friend of my has that problem and he resolve that way because he removed the cable with out safely unmount the kindle.

you can also use partition magic instead of ubuntu-gparted.

This will be in your own responsability. Maybe is good idea first call to costumer care

message 3: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (havan) | 2 comments Could it be that the USB socket contacts need cleaning? I've had my kindle FIRE HD for a couple years now and it's been getting hinky lately about recharging. I cleaned the contacts with some Radio Shack contact cleaner that my brother had and it now seems to recharge OK but it still has trouble recognizing when I plug it into a USB port and want to transfer a file.

I can use the Amazon Documents feature to mail files to my kindle and get them wirelessly but I have a kindle screen capture that I need to get back into my PC so that I can mail it to someone.