YA/NA FANATICS discussion

Archive > New Year's Resolutions

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
What are some of your New Year's resolutions? Give us some ideas for those of us on the fence:D

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
I need to finish my weight loss. Fun. Get my house organized.

message 3: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 55 comments Sara, is your profile pic of you?

I don't truly do New Years resolutions.

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Vicki wrote: "Sara, is your profile pic of you?

I don't truly do New Years resolutions."

Yes. It is deceiving lol. Got a good angle and the blue hair lol

message 5: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 55 comments Lol I'm glad it's you. :) I feel like I know you! Lol

message 6: by Sara (last edited Dec 21, 2012 09:26PM) (new)

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Vicki wrote: "Lol I'm glad it's you. :) I feel like I know you! Lol"

Yep. Don't have many pics of self cuz I am always the one taking them. Sis and I were playing around with temp hair dye, so we took a pic of it:)

Aria ・❥・Biblioaria ˚ · . (biblioaria) My new year's resolution would be to jog at least once a week. :p I need to lose some weight.

message 8: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Sandee (loves Ash and Daemon) wrote: "My new year's resolution would be to jog at least once a week. :p I need to lose some weight."

I started running last summer. Not my favorite, but it is something you can see yourself improve at when you are able to run farther and farther.

message 9: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Garrett (heidi_g) Okay, I love New Year's! It is one of my favorite holidays, maybe my favorite, I just love the whole fresh start, clean slate thing:)

So, I do make resolutions. And yes I will have some health ones, too:

I have been slowly reducing my carb intake and increasing my fat intake for the past 6 months (I know! I know!) but it has worked really well, so I am going to continue that process. January should be the first month of reaching my goal in that regard.

I do yoga and resistance training (prefer pushups, squats, planks, and the impossible pullup)...I have fallen on and off my routine this entire year, 2013 ...no more falling off, lol.

Okay, then write two more books. For me that means: not procrastinating. So I guess the real resolution is to use my time wisely. Oh, now that sounds too overwhelming! Just 2 more books.

And then it's just keep on keeping on...
And until then...
Bonne fin d'annee!
Happy End of the Year!

message 10: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) My new years resolution is to lose fat and keep it off, smile and laugh more, party more, basically live more. :D

message 11: by Raechella (new)

Raechella My New Year's resolution is to sleep more to prevent those zits from popping every once in a while. Reading barely makes me sleep! Haha. And socialize more with people—I hardly know my neighbors!

message 12: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle My resolution is to read a book at a time. And also to eat healthier.

message 13: by Jaya (new)

Jaya (jayazhane) My resolution is to read all of the books I bought this past year. Also to run every week, and let loose a little more :)

message 14: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) Gisbelle wrote: "My resolution is to read a book at a time. And also to eat healthier."

That's great. I have a hard time doing that too. :P

message 15: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) Jaya wrote: "My resolution is to read all of the books I bought this past year. Also to run every week, and let loose a little more :)"

Great resolution. I have a bunch of books stacked from what I've bought and I really need to read them. I've always wanted to run. I just never had.

message 16: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Samantha wrote: "Gisbelle wrote: "My resolution is to read a book at a time. And also to eat healthier."

That's great. I have a hard time doing that too. :P"

Sam, I don't want to jinx it :) But with all these good books being released all most every week, it is going to be a hard one :)

message 17: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) Gisbelle wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Gisbelle wrote: "My resolution is to read a book at a time. And also to eat healthier."

That's great. I have a hard time doing that too. :P"

Sam, I don't want to jinx it :) But w..."

I know right? Good luck!

message 18: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (pandwen) | 141 comments my new years resolutions lose weight (i am joining the wightloss band waggon.)and actually study.

message 19: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela | 83 comments My New Year's Resolution is a happier and healthier me. To follow up my Dr's appointments, keeping my allergies and asthma in check. Losing the weight I put on after being on Prednisone for so long. To spend more quality time with my boys and to be clutter free by 2014! :)

message 20: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
KK wrote: "Get fit stay fit, read 750 books but still do other things and keep in touch with friends :)
BTW, I now love this group :)"

That is a lot of books!

message 21: by Auggie (new)

Auggie (auggietalk) Obviously with the fitness thing. That's a must on everyone's revolution list. I started crossfit last year and plan on upping my dedication. Less sugar and diet drinks.

Read enough to reach my 100 book goal. I know it doesn't sound like much to many of you, but reading AND doing everything else I love to do... I would need 50 hours in a day to do it all!

Write more.

Worry less.

message 22: by Megan (new)

Megan we should have a YA book fan workout plan haha

message 23: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Garrett (heidi_g) Megan wrote: "we should have a YA book fan workout plan haha"

love it;)

message 24: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Garrett (heidi_g) How's everyone doing on their resolutions...must confess...I am off to a slow start, lol

message 25: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Lol. It is hard to be motivated with a foot of snow outside.

message 26: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) I'm doing great with the having fun part, but other than that, I'm off to a slow start. :P