Vampire Books Fans, Fangs and Writers discussion

Book Reviews > Hello, I am new to the group

Comments Showing 1-50 of 142 (142 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jody Joy (new)

Jody Joy (jodys_gr) Hi my name is Jody and I am an experienced book reviewer. Since I am an avid book reader/lover, I felt I should put it to good use a few years ago. You can check my past work at Jody's Book Reviews & Giveaways I review for Worthy Publishing, Thomas Nelson Publishers, and Zondervan, and Waterbrook Multnomah Publishers, etc. I review for self-publishers as well. I read and review hard copies only. You may also read my request review policy on my blog as well, REVIEW REQUESTS
thank you and happy reading,
Jody

message 2: by K.V. (new)

K.V. Witten | 40 comments Hi Jody: Welcome to the group.

message 3: by D.N. (new)

D.N. Simmons (dn_simmons) | 5 comments Hello,

My name is D.N. Simmons and I'm an author or Urban-fantasy and a gluttonous reader of vampire/shifter literature. I'm looking forward to chatting with you all. :D

message 4: by Francis (new)

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments Hi Derek, come on in.

Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald (demonsangel) | 21 comments Hi everyone that's new. Come on in and get cozy. Its a good group to join. I'm still a "newbie" myself. Everyone here is nice and its a good group to be in. My names really Angela but some call me Angel and the other groups I'm in may call me Confused. Wich that's all just joking around. Hope you enjoy the group.

message 6: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Kitty wrote: "Hey, my name is Kitty. I love YA, Paranormal, Vampires, Romance and even Horror. Some of my favorite books are Wuthering Heights, the Dream Catcher series, the Mortal Instruments series, The Phanto..."

Hi, Kitty. Welcome, to Goodreads.

message 7: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Angela(demonsangel) wrote: "Hi everyone that's new. Come on in and get cozy. Its a good group to join. I'm still a "newbie" myself. Everyone here is nice and its a good group to be in. My names really Angela but some call me ..."

Join the, confused club, I'm hear every day.

message 8: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Hello, to all of you. You, will like the people, on this site. Everyone, is friendly.

Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald (demonsangel) | 21 comments Wow Rita, I was getting ready to welcome you to the group.LOL. I realized before I posted it that your already in the group. That's me, always confused. I think I've been with the group a month or so. Ohh shut might as well say it anyway, Hi Rita, come on in, this is a great group to be in. Welcome to the group. Lmao.

message 10: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Angela(demonsangel) wrote: "Wow Rita, I was getting ready to welcome you to the group.LOL. I realized before I posted it that your already in the group. That's me, always confused. I think I've been with the group a month or ..."

I'm only, a reader,but like talking to the authors. I think, I've been on here about a year, maybe a litter konger. There are a lot of nice people on, Goodreads.

message 11: by Sandrine (new)

Sandrine Genier | 133 comments Kitty wrote: "Hey, my name is Kitty. I love YA, Paranormal, Vampires, Romance and even Horror. Some of my favorite books are Wuthering Heights, the Dream Catcher series, the Mortal Instruments series, The Phanto..."

You make a distinction between Horror and Paranormal and Vampires. Interesting. Why do you think of them as separate from each other?

Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald (demonsangel) | 21 comments Hello all, Welcome to the group Jody. I will definitely check out your site. All I read are hardcover books, does that make me weird? Y'all don't have to answer that. I'm going to check out Jody's site now..........running to get there. She "waves" buy to everyone.

message 13: by Sandrine (new)

Sandrine Genier | 133 comments Gina wrote: "Hi everyone I'm Gina, I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone, share in what books you liked the most and why. As for myself, I love a good scary book, can be true crime or fiction doesn't ..."

I love goth themed, paranormal thrillers also

message 14: by Sandrine (new)

Sandrine Genier | 133 comments Hello, everyone.

message 15: by Stephania (new)

Stephania (stefania10) | 4 comments hi my name is stephania and i read all kinds of books but mostly paranormal romance!i want to find to share the books i read with other readers and i want to find more books!

Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald (demonsangel) | 21 comments Stephanie, Its nice to meet you. Welcome to our group and you've come to the right place. Also you can look at the members shelves to see what we've been reading or have read.

message 17: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Angela(demonsangel) wrote: "Wow Rita, I was getting ready to welcome you to the group.LOL. I realized before I posted it that your already in the group. That's me, always confused. I think I've been with the group a month or ..."

I think, its been, about a year, since I joind. The authors, are great, to talk to, & so is everyone else, As, I said, I'm a reader, not an author, but it takes both kinds, to make it work. Ha Ha.

message 18: by Jeanny (new)

Jeanny (qubanqt) Hi Jody my name is Jeanny and no you don't sound weird at all. I only read ebooks myself. Everyone has a preference. =-) I'm also new to the group I've been following for a couple weeks but your post motivated me to actually comment for the first time. Weird me? Always lol

message 19: by Angela(demonsangel) (last edited Feb 05, 2013 08:03AM) (new)

Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald (demonsangel) | 21 comments Hi Jeanny, Welcome to the group. I think most all of us are weird here and everywhere. Its all good and fun. I think I'm beyond weird:). Also, I.read you mostly read ebooks. I mostly listen to audio books from Audible. After I listen to them or while I'm listening, if I like it, I buy the book. I usually read hardcover only.
If you have the Nook app I have lots of books I can lend you. I also have a few sites you can get free ebooks from Amazon, Sony, Nooks, and other places. They will send you free books to download everyday.
Let me know if you have a Nook and want those sites for freebies, that offer goes to everyone. Once more, glad you c
ame over and joined.

message 20: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Newey (GemmaNewey) | 19 comments Hi to all newbie groupies .... I know you will just love it here.
You'll make great friends and important connections!

message 21: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Derek wrote: "Hello, my name is Derek. I'm an avid reader who loves reading pretty much everything, but I have a soft spot for thriller, suspense and paranormal literature.

Nice to meet you all!"

Hi Derek, I'm a reader, as well, & love, vampire/human romance, novals. I like any thing, paranormal, as well. I think, you will like it here, welcome.

message 22: by Rita (new)

I stay confused, half of time, myself, so don't worry about that. We have better things to do, like, reading.

message 23: by Jeanny (new)

Jeanny (qubanqt) @ Angela(demonsangle) WOW you're such a sweetie. Unfortunately for me I'm going to miss out on those free books, I have a kindle not a nook. *sigh/sad face* However, I do want to thank you for the offer.

Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald (demonsangel) | 21 comments That's OK I need to get the sites I have and you can get free ebooks/kindle books sent to your cell phone and I think your computer seven days a week. Also you can get Nook & Sony Reader apps free now. Let me know if you download the free Nook app and I can lend you stuff to read. Also the websites I get freebie ebooks from also has free books from Barnes &Noble for Nooks and Sony.

message 25: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Angela(demonsangel) wrote: "That's OK I need to get the sites I have and you can get free ebooks/kindle books sent to your cell phone and I think your computer seven days a week. Also you can get Nook & Sony Reader apps free ..."

Where do I go, to download a book, on my computer? I don't have an E book, or other devices, for reading.

message 26: by Jeanny (new)

Jeanny (qubanqt) @Angela(demonsangle) yes please if you'd provide me with the links to get those free e books i'd be much appreciative. Thanks so much.

message 27: by Sandrine (new)

Sandrine Genier | 133 comments I don't own a e reading device, nor phone/apps etc. I got a free kindle for PC on amazon, and I download free books and inexpensive ones too onto it from the amazon website. I have more than I can possibly read in there right now.

message 28: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Sandrine wrote: "I don't own a e reading device, nor phone/apps etc. I got a free kindle for PC on amazon, and I download free books and inexpensive ones too onto it from the amazon website. I have more than I ca..."
I don't have a reader, of any kind, either. How & what, can be downloaded on my computer? Free, would be nice.

message 29: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Ellen wrote:right "Hi!
My name is Ellen, I’m 17 and love reading all types of genres. I’m new to Goodreads and would love to make new friends and get new recommendations."

Hello, Ellen, You have come to the right place. the authors, are great, to help, other authors. I'm a reader, myself and this site, is good for us,as well. A lot of nice people here, just wait, & see.

message 30: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Francis, is it alright for me to invite, a young lady, who is testing the waters, to becomming, an author? Just want to be sure. I' have told her about, Goodreads, & I feel, like all of you can help her on the way, To being one.

message 31: by Francis (new)

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments Always happy to chat with writers. I would promise not to bite, but that might give her the wrong idea about this group...

message 32: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Francis wrote: "Always happy to chat with writers. I would promise not to bite, but that might give her the wrong idea about this group..."

Being Funny, Ha Ha. Ok thanks.

message 33: by Desinka (new)

Desinka Hey, I'm Dessi. I'm a recent vampire book addict. I not a specisist and I prefer authors who LOVE vampires and don't present them as the ultimate evil monsters.

message 34: by Francis (new)

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments My Suzie was born in Sofia...
Hi :-)

message 35: by Desinka (new)

Desinka Haha:) She's not Bulgarian, is she:)))

message 36: by Francis (new)

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments Suzie's an English vampire, but I started writing the novel 11 months ago in the Light Hotel in Sofia...

message 37: by Desinka (new)

Desinka Hahaha:) I see, is is a post-apocalyptic novel?

message 38: by Francis (new)

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments Not at all. Here's an interview with Suzie:
http://alinameridon.wordpress.com/201...

message 39: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Welcome to Goodreads, Ellen. This is a very good site. Everone is friendly & a sence of humer, along with, their desire to write books. There are a of readers, as well. I'm a reader, and love, vampire/humane, love. A little bad, sometimes, as well. I think you will like it here. Again, Welcome.

message 40: by Francis (new)

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments Rita is here to remind us that there are readers in the world, that we're not just a bunch of self-published authors languishing in an obscure hell for unread writers.

message 41: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Franscis, I'm laughing so hard I can barely write this note.You are funny, but, then again, so am I, when I want to be. Still, trying to a hold on the laughing. I have invited, the lady, I told You about, to join us, but haven't had time for an answere. I just read your reply again, and now, I'm laughing again.

message 42: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Francis wrote: "Rita is here to remind us that there are readers in the world, that we're not just a bunch of self-published authors languishing in an obscure hell for unread writers."

Yes, & don't forget it either. HA! HA!

message 43: by Francis (new)

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments :-)

message 44: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Francis wrote: ":-)"

We are two people, that love to laugh,I think. I know, I do. It sure beats, the h--l, out of crying, thats for sure. There is nothing wrong with crying, & sometimes, its good, just to get it out. Still, I would much rather laugh. To tell the truth, nobody ever knows, just what I'm going to say,& send them into a laughing binge. Half the time, I dont know what going to come out of my mouth. I'm just, a tiny bit crazy, I guess.

message 45: by Francis (new)

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments Good for you.

I love books and films that make me cry while being entertaining and happy / bittersweet. I dislike reading fictional tragedy, where it just hurts to read the book and it leaves you feeling angry.

message 46: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Francis wrote: "Good for you.

I love books and films that make me cry while being entertaining and happy / bittersweet. I dislike reading fictional tragedy, where it just hurts to read the book and it leaves you ..."

I don't read to get mad, but sometimes I think, What the f--k, was that about. Same thing I guess. There are those books, that make a person cry, but, fact is, I don't cry, because, it makes me sick. Always has. Has to really bad for me to cry. Oh well. Life is a B sometimes, but take & hold on to it.

message 47: by Sandrine (new)

Sandrine Genier | 133 comments Francis wrote: "Good for you.

I love books and films that make me cry while being entertaining and happy / bittersweet. I dislike reading fictional tragedy, where it just hurts to read the book and it leaves you ..."

Like. Oh,wait, this isn't facebook...

message 48: by Rita (new)

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments No its not, but you are funny.

message 49: by Robyn (new)

Robyn Peterman Hi, My name is Robyn and I'm new to the group. The selling point for me was the not biting fellow members! I've been published traditionally for contemporary romance, but my obsession, passion, all consuming interest is paranormal. I'm putting out my first paranormal independently in April. I'm in an awesome writing group, but most write contemps and erotic romance. Looking to hang and chat with others who luuuurve vampires like I do!!

message 50: by Francis (new)

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments I thought all contemporary erotic romance had vampires these days...

Hi Robyn.

(Penis on fire... that's funny... :-)

« previous 1 3